Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

1) Level Sync means I might actually GET a party invite on WHM now.

2) Level sync means that levelling NIN is going to be even easier.

3) I don't have to keep calling my NPC to chain VTs on SMN to get a reasonable exp gain per hour now. I can just go back to picking off DC's and EM's with carby. Although I will miss having Carby poke Gobbie Smithies into blowing themselves up for 200-300 exp a pop in Yuhtunga.

Dislikes:

1) Everyone gets awesome gear except WHM who only get a Relic weapon with a redundant ability and a cloak that everyone can equip and is only good to macro on for resting. Honestly crap like this and RDM taking up all the healer spots in general is why I'm considering quitting WHM and levelling RDM instead. Have you SEEN some of the stuff RDM got from this update? When was the last time WHM got anything nice that wasn't instantly stolen by another job a couple of updates later?

2) Constant POL errors while downloading it. I'm lucky if it gets past the check stage beforeI get a POL-2059 (I think) error and I'm booted out of POL.

3) The download it gonna take 6 hours according to the timer on the few times it takes to get past the check stage before t boots me with the POL-2059 Error. Looks like I won't be able to play for a few days at this rate.
    Last edited by Firewind; 09-09-2008, 06:43 AM. Reason: Fixing typos
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
      1) Everyone gets awesome gear except WHM who only get a Relic weapon with a redundant ability and a cloak that everyone can equip and is only good to macro on for resting. Honestly crap like this and RDM taking up all the healer spots in general is why I'm considering quitting WHM and levelling RDM instead. Have you SEEN some of the stuff RDM got from this update? When was the last time WHM got anything nice that wasn't instantly stolen by another job a couple of updates later?
      Believe you me, those of us RDMs who aren't actually wanna-be WHMs want you guys to have your top spot as healer back. Honest!

That aside, you're right, it would appear RDM got some pretty sweet gear from this update, despite the distinct lack of shinies, but I'll wait for those as I always have. Nevertheless, the most I've seen WHMs get is what appears to be a Club-based Spirit Taker. And us RDMs got what looks like Swift Blade +1.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Just read this..

Khroma Nugget
        A small chunk of khroma.
        Cursory examination reveals
        that it is not without impurities
        Bazzing!

...Now they need Khroma Beastcoins and Wootz Nuggets.

And also have Mog Bonanza once a month.

Comment

Ha ha! With EPs/DCs giving this much EXP I'm going to solo the fuck out of everything that self-destructs.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
            Believe you me, those of us RDMs who aren't actually wanna-be WHMs want you guys to have your top spot as healer back. Honest!

That aside, you're right, it would appear RDM got some pretty sweet gear from this update, despite the distinct lack of shinies, but I'll wait for those as I always have. Nevertheless, the most I've seen WHMs get is what appears to be a Club-based Spirit Taker. And us RDMs got what looks like Swift Blade +1.
            Well when you entire class revolves around healing and curing status effects and debuffs and the like it does get annoying that there are 3 classes (RDM, SCH, DNC) that are much better at it since they all have native ways of regening MP (except DNC since they don't even need MP) without having to depends on gear, food or subs. It's probably why I love Assault so much. I actually feel needed even though the RDM has the exact same tools at his disposal and can refill his MP bar every 10 mins or so.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy that RDM has some nice gear from this update especially after the last update. Just a little annoying at seeing all the shines being passed around while I'm sitting patiently waiting for something nice for WHMs to come along. Though some of the +MP items for campaign do look awfully pretty
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

i dislike how drg got 1 weapon and thats pretty much all to what i saw i may be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                (except DNC since they don't even need MP)
                Sorry for the nitpick, but DNC, the main healer which doesn't need MP, actually does get native refresh in the form of Aspir Samba =P.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
                  Sorry for the nitpick, but DNC, the main healer which doesn't need MP, actually does get native refresh in the form of Aspir Samba =P.
                  You know I completely forgot about it XD
                  Reiko Takahashi
                  Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Low level Skill ups while getting exp for your high level jobs.

Dislikes:
                    When the lowet level PC you are "Level - sync" to levels, your TP goes to 0.
                    PSN ID: Kelshan
                    Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                    Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Illuen View Post
                      Oh, the ironing! XD
                      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                      Matthew 16:15

Comment

/BRD bots can only max at 15 exp per tag with self buffing!
                        sigpic
                        Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo View Post
                          /BRD bots can only max at 15 exp per tag with self buffing!
                          So /BRD in /WHM self-buff spam got nerfed, but main job self-buffing isn't penalized at all?

If so, that's a punishment that truly fits the crime, you'd have to spam as the main jobs and not many people want to level BRD or WHM all the way and you wouldn't have the skillups to support them if you just Campaigned them.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            So /BRD in /WHM self-buff spam got nerfed, but main job self-buffing isn't penalized at all?

If so, that's a punishment that truly fits the crime, you'd have to spam as the main jobs and not many people want to level BRD or WHM all the way and you wouldn't have the skillups to support them if you just Campaigned them.
                            Well I called it /BRD bot since thats generally what people do, but with the way Campaign works, Song Buffs are calculated separately from other things, so in actually, song buffing is pretty much out the window. They of course could have changed it so BRD and /BRD are now calculated separately as well. Campaign is pretty complicated as we have seen, so I wouldn't put it past them. I could go test magic buffs, but I am so lazy.

EDIT: Someone has tested, Song buffs are calculated the same whether main or sub, 15 exp max/tag
                            Last edited by Gobo; 09-09-2008, 04:37 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

I've been killing EP bumblebees outside Port Windurst for 65 exp a pop at level 3-4. It's awesome. You could probably get from 1 to 10 in a hour if you know what you are doing and regen food.
                              I think this update is the best I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobo View Post
                                EDIT: Someone has tested, Song buffs are calculated the same whether main or sub, 15 exp max/tag
                                Ah, OK.

Well that just eliminates abuse completely then. Either way, I'm glad they did it. Sucks for legit BRDs that actually participate in campaign, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X