Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayrlie
    replied
    Re: Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

The XP boost for EP and DC mobs. They gave me even more excuses to skill up parrying in Boyahda

Dislikes

No chocobo digging in WOTG zones
    No new medals or items you could buy with allied notes

Leave a comment:

• Durahansolo
    replied

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
    If you had said, "I like chicken," you don't have to back-up that kind of opinion with any objective reasoning.
    [offtopic]
    LEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! JENKINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Least I have chicken.
    [/offtopic]

Before WotG on my server, Sandy was in 1st place 90% of the time, 9% in 2nd place, and 1% in third place. After WotG was added 75% of the time it is in 3rd 20% in 2nd and 5% in first. After the last update however, Sandy was in first owning a good amount of land and is in 1st for the second week in a row, that might change this week but it made me proud to be Sandorian again lol. I think its mainly because when Aht Urgan was added that took alot of midrange-high level peeps from Conquest areas to go to Beseiged areas to level, then after WotG there became a split, because quite a few people participate in campaign especially while they are looking for party to go to Aht Urgan areas. So I think for the moment Sync has brought more of the midrange-high level peeps back to gain XP/Merit points on either their same jobs or to level new jobs with their friends.

EDIT: I was right looks like we're in last this week lol.
    Last edited by Durahansolo; 09-22-2008, 05:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ziero
    replied

Originally posted by Phanex View Post
    For all those of you who were trippin about my gear selection for CoP, a few things I guess I should have put in the first Post.

It was my first time Sync Down with that gear, and It was my first CoP mission Past Promys, and I did the Promys before the update.

So with that out of the way, I had other gear on me to compinsate for the the gigas, but like others said, if they are going to gimp the +stats, then they should gimp the -stats.

May I also remind ya'll that the name of the post is "Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update". Ya'll are asking ppl to put up what they like/dislike about then ya'll go on and on about how we are wrong not liking how it is.

I'll remeber that for now on, I'll will do this: "don't put what you think, just put what others will like to hear on here". Makes it easier on everyone.
    Somewhat off topic, kinda, but I would just like to state that even uncapped there's better gear to TP in then Gigas. And in capped areas, those items would be far superior to gigas.

Saying this system is broken because of negative stats being left on gear is kind of a weak argument because as Armando pointed out, any high level player worth his salt should have at *least* two options per slot they can use. So if you have one piece with horribly negative stats then you should just use the other.

And honestly, if even after you saw how horrid those bracelets were in the capped area and *still* kept them on, regardless of whether you had other options or not, then that was just a bad decision. 1 Str for -6 dex is not a good trade off and you would have been better not even using a hand piece. And also, Dusk Gloves would have been awesome to use as you'd keep most of the attack and HP, while getting higher tier def and losing the movement speed down.

Leave a comment:

• LyonheartLakshmi
    replied

May I also remind ya'll that the name of the post is "Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update". Ya'll are asking ppl to put up what they like/dislike about then ya'll go on and on about how we are wrong not liking how it is.
    I dislike people who think their opinions are sacrosanct.

Some opinions don't need support. If you had said, "I like chicken," you don't have to back-up that kind of opinion with any objective reasoning. But if you say, "I think Bob Barr is the best choice for President of the United States," that's an opinion that should be backed up with reasoning, and an opinion that others can comment on as well.

It would have been one thing if you had said, "I don't like armor scaling." But that's not what you said. You said, "Armor Sync is seriously broken."

I'll remeber that for now on, I'll will do this: "don't put what you think, just put what others will like to hear on here". Makes it easier on everyone.
    If your sense of identity and self worth is dependent on receiving validation from strangers posting on an Internet message board, then by all means make that your posting strategy.

Leave a comment:

• Ellipses
    replied

You might find it easier on your sanity to keep in mind that this is a discussion forum, and that anything you post runs a significant risk of leading to discussion. Most of the time, people aren't even responding to you as a person, but just talking about ideas, possibly sparked by something you said.

Folks is just yappin'. Don't pay it no nevermind.

Leave a comment:

• Phanex
    replied

For all those of you who were trippin about my gear selection for CoP, a few things I guess I should have put in the first Post.

It was my first time Sync Down with that gear, and It was my first CoP mission Past Promys, and I did the Promys before the update.

So with that out of the way, I had other gear on me to compinsate for the the gigas, but like others said, if they are going to gimp the +stats, then they should gimp the -stats.

Leave a comment:

• Tek(Selphiie)
    replied

Goodness, SE loves their BLU, The stats on the AF2 Body is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Omniblast
    replied

Yesterday's Dynamis-Beaucedine run we got the following drops 2 smn, 1 war, 1 nin, 1 pup, 2 blu, 1 whm, 1 bst, 1 rng.

Nice drop rates on those.
    Now we just need the other cities to drop as much or increase in drops and I'd be super happy.

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied

Errant Body at 71 isn't any different than Errant body at 30. I think only +1 or +2 of the +10 bonues even unlocked at 71. I found this out in a Caedarva Mire PT on my SCH. I should have just bazaared my Errant to max and used Scholar's Gown instead since I was healer and all.

The gear certainly is not being allowed to exceed the other equipment before it.

Leave a comment:

• Tek(Selphiie)
    replied

Yeah, people are such in a scramble to sell all their level cap gear, saw like 20 Sniper rings in stock the other day, Atleast 27 Brigandines. It is ridiculous. People think they can go in these things with their high end gear, (and in some instances can get away with it), but man did it hurt to see people strolling around in level synced partys with Errant bodies around the 20s.

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied

I've have done CoPs every which way imaginable. If having high-end gear was make-or-break, I would have known a long time ago.

Being completely naked, however, is a dealbreaker. I seriously had people think they could get the win on Mammets or even farming Swift Belts completely naked. Morons. Kicked em.

At least with the Level Sync, you're not a total MP sponge for the mages now. Pick-Up groups will still likely be epic failures, but gear will be less of a hassle. I still have every last piece of level cap gear I did before the update. Half of that gear now only exists for storage purposes as I've found the balance between my high-level, AF level and low level sets to make it work.

If you can't be bothered to research what gear is going to work in CoP level caps, you seriously don't deserve sea access anyway. Its not really that much grunt work and its worthwhile information so you can at least do BCNMs, if nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• Armando
    replied

Originally posted by Ellipses
    It's not so much that negative stats should be left at full strength, just that it's not really that tragic that they are.
    This. Couldn't put it any better.
    Also, there are instances where sync'd gear's positive stats are completely removed while the negatives stay in full effect. How exactly is that balanced if you can't even wear the armor for the defense only?
    How exactly is that a problem? Any high level piece of gear will give the same amount of Defense when capped. You can't tell me there's nothing else you have in that slot for Defense. Yes, the piece became useless, but so do many others (Jelly Ring) and you seriously HAVE to have some other piece of gear you can wear for the Defense.

I agree that it probably wouldn't break anything if they scaled down the -stats, but it's still pretty much a non-issue. Bringing it up as a con to the system is too weak an argument because it's as easy to work around it as it is to work around the fact that some pieces of gear become near-useless due to having their special bonuses nulled. People keep bringing it up as if it's some terrible inconvenience when it's really not.
    Last edited by Armando; 09-18-2008, 10:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ellipses
    replied

It's not so much that negative stats should be left at full strength, just that it's not really that tragic that they are.

Everyone with concerns is submitting feedback about it to SE, right? They've already said they're planning future adjustments to the stats on level synced gear. Make sure they know what you think while it's still on their minds.

Leave a comment:

• eticket109
    replied

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Seriously though, what has so much negatives that would cause people to fuss? Hecatomb? lolKoenig? Errant? Gigas NM bracelets? Come on.
    The majority of mp rings out there have negatives to hp, as does a ton of other mage gear. I understand that there are better equivalents at lower levels, but that still seems like a lack of foresight on SE's part.

The lack of scaling of negative effects is really the only issue I have with the equipment though.

Leave a comment:

• Raydeus
    replied

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    While having the stats do help, odds are that pick up players that fail at CoP aren't going to stop sucking with getter gear, and also, odds are that the pickup player doesn't have better gear than what he would get by using higher level gear.

Hell, that argument could be extended to good players too. Someone with multiple level 30 and 40 jobs isn't likely to keep the best gear for every job; they're more likely to make some sacrifices here and there to have a) storable gear sets and b) gear sets that can work across multiple jobs.Again, there is very little gear with negative stats. Because of that, it's not only a trivial issue, it also complicates the issue of capping the negative stats. Cap it with respect to what? You can't use the same standard that was used for deciding the positive stat caps because most lower level gear doesn't have -stats in the first place.

Seriously though, what has so much negatives that would cause people to fuss? Hecatomb? lolKoenig? Errant? Gigas NM bracelets? Come on. 75's complain about all the gear they have to tote around (TP sets, solo sets, WS sets, Haste builds, nuking sets, enfeebling sets, curing sets) that it's hard to argue that they don't have alternative high level pieces to use that they probably have to lug around anyways. DDs need gear other than Hecatomb, PLDs need gear other than Koenig (hell, it's hard to argue they need Koenig besides the helmet...), 2-handers don't use the Gigas bracelets any more and I'm sure mages have to use stuff other than Errant too. And even then the -STR is trivial to any mage that isn't RDM.
    If there aren't that many pieces of gear with negative stats then whats wrong with scaling down said stats on the few pieces of gear that have them? I don't think capping negative stats would add any more complications than capping positives.

Also, there are instances where sync'd gear's positive stats are completely removed while the negatives stay in full effect. How exactly is that balanced if you can't even wear the armor for the defense only?

Is not like everyone is asking for overpowered gear to stay overpowered at lower lvls, people is just asking for them to be able to wear the gear they already have on them instead of being punished for using it.

What exactly is wrong with that?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X