Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

1. I have some new furniture to try and craft.
    2. EP and DC garner on avg. 20-30% more exp. points, it seemed like.
    3. dynamis, limbus price drops. I could actually see myself getting an excalibur at some point next year. and maybe some relic.

Dislikes:
    1. Lvl Sync has some bug's for sure. Probably not on alot of people's list, but when your playing PUP, and your in a party with LVL sync, the leader can sync you up, and your pup auto-deactivates...and even if it has 100% HP you will still have to wait on the re-cast. Not cool. Nothing like coming to DD and having to wait 18 minutes to summon your pup.
    2. Standard exp points party camps will take some time to recover to a tollerable lvl I believe. I hadn't seen 80 players in qufim ALL exping, in a long time. /sh for a raise and i had 5 lvl 75's with raise's on me in like 30 seconds...very convient, but very f'ing crowded
    3. As far as job updates...they had none? Sept update part 2??

Re: Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

For the PUP problem... a similar problem occurs with BST, and they pointed it out, if you level-sync with a charmed pet, it will go uncharmed and WILL attack you (atleast thats what i think from what they said), im not surprised about PUP, its probably to prevent abuse... im sure the DRG also has to wait for recast... so... before level-syncing, wait for the timer before you do it.

I am of the opinion that a crowded zone is MUCH better than an empty one, if you cant find a spot to EXP, you CAN find a different zone, there are MANY alternatives, do not stick with the usual spots if you're having problems. This gives people a chance to level up while opening other camps, if the zone were empty, you'd complain that you cant find a pt... and then.. nothing you can do at that time. Try to find an alternate camp, "campsitarus" helps.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
      1. I have some new furniture to try and craft.
      2. EP and DC garner on avg. 20-30% more exp. points, it seemed like.
      3. dynamis, limbus price drops. I could actually see myself getting an excalibur at some point next year. and maybe some relic.

Dislikes:
      1. Lvl Sync has some bug's for sure. Probably not on alot of people's list, but when your playing PUP, and your in a party with LVL sync, the leader can sync you up, and your pup auto-deactivates...and even if it has 100% HP you will still have to wait on the re-cast. Not cool. Nothing like coming to DD and having to wait 18 minutes to summon your pup.
      2. Standard exp points party camps will take some time to recover to a tollerable lvl I believe. I hadn't seen 80 players in qufim ALL exping, in a long time. /sh for a raise and i had 5 lvl 75's with raise's on me in like 30 seconds...very convient, but very f'ing crowded
      3. As far as job updates...they had none? Sept update part 2??
      I noticed about that pup this morning when my linkshell was holding like 3 parties because everybody wanted to test out the level sync system like mad.
      I went in as a pup and that was the first thing that caught my eye I was really disappointed in that. But, ya know, like everything in this game it will eventually be equaled out.

The Level Sync system was fun to me and I had a fun time leveling Samurai in Shakhrami Cave and even got a 3rd Merit.

I didn't get a long time to mess around with Easy Prey and Decent Challenges but I did for about five minutes noticed easy prey was giving me 70-60 and Decent was giving me 90-80 of that nature.

Oh and I dunno if this is just a Pandemonium Server problem or if it's server-wide, I haven't found anything on it yet by using google.
      In Campaigns if you die, somebody raises you, and you die Again you will Lose Exp.
      Had some guys in the linkshell say they saw 3 people delevel at the sametime in Southern Sandy.

Comment

The PUP thing I think I know why. Remember when we get a new lvl as PUP we have to de-activate/re-activate to get the new automaton stats ? This is most likely why.

Oh, and in the release notes S-E warned you about this. They said that ALL pets except wyverns will unpop/uncharm.
        Guide to pay your JP POL (Japanese Playonline) account by michaeldue here >>> http://www.ffxi-europe.com/

Kudos to michaeldue !!!

Comment

I wonder if the exp loss isnt a bug... they wouldve mentioned it i think..

HOWEVER, I wouldnt be surprised if it was a "Fix" to a certain little "exploit", dieing gives you exp, really fast, kill yourself, get raised, repeat, get lots of exp.

And .. dieing is really easy in campaign too.

If you play your cards right, you wont die in campaign. The orc machine? TAKE IT TO THE NPCS ALREADY! ROAR.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Updates
            Sep. 9, 2008 03:15 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
            All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Sep. 9)

At the following time, we will be performing FINAL FANTASY XI maintenance on all worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Maintenance operations will delete any reservations for Pankration matches. Players who are scheduled to participate in Pankration matches, those who will enter Assault, Salvage or Einherjar areas, or those who will participate in Dynamis or Limbus at the time of the maintenance, we ask that you please wait until maintenance is complete before engaging in these activities. Please note that we cannot replace items that are lost during the maintenance process.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

[Date & Time]
            Sep. 9, 2008 from 10:00 to 12:00 (PDT)
            * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
            FINAL FANTASY XI

[Maintenance Details]
            Following issues will be addressed:

- Participants of Campaign Battle with Allied Tags would lose experience points if they become KO'd after recovering from KO'd status.

- Wyvern's breath ability that removes negative status effects is not working properly.

- Unable to remove NPC's charmed status in Assault mission "Lamia No. 13."

- Unable to overwrite the special effect that will be initiated by executing certain weapon skills while using the relic weapon
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
              im sure the DRG also has to wait for recast...
              According to the update notes, wyverns don't disappear when you sync.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                According to the update notes, wyverns don't disappear when you sync.
                Well that's crap, why did SE make puppetmaster if all they do is just make it completely inferior to everything? Dragoon, the job that gets nerfed every patch has a +1 over puppetmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Neptus View Post
                  Well that's crap, why did SE make puppetmaster if all they do is just make it completely inferior to everything? Dragoon, the job that gets nerfed every patch has a +1 over puppetmaster.
                  When was the last time drg got nerfed?
                  Thanks Kazuki.
                  Dragoon Equipment

Comment

It was a while back, when Samurai/Monk was a good combination. Jeez, I really couldn't tell ya. I shouldn't have said Every patch.
                    From my experiences with the job I'd rather just go Samurai, equip a spear, and penta spam.

Comment

/wrists

Comment

I'm not saying having my pup De-activate when joining a lvl sync, or being sync'd up while in a party is a bad thing, but for god sakes if it's at 100% HP let us have no-recast timer.

In my opinion and granted i've only got my pup to 27 so far, if you can keep your pup at 100% and de-activate, it's almost like a Red's convert. It allows you a near-infinite pool of MP, with the risk that your pup could be killed 2 minutes later, and you'd be hosed for the better part of a half hour. The risk/gains equal out quite nicely, but when you take it away *the lack of a 20min recast if HP = 100%* for the sake of syncing up your lvl you, in a sense, "Nerf" PUP.

Not to mention that I would say 50% if not more of the players in ffxi don't understand how pup functions, so they don't understand that in a party they have to adjust their new found playing style, I.E. NOT un-syncing, and syncing a party at will, when there's a PUP or a BST.

Related but on a side note, My friend damn near killed a 75 pup, when he sync'd up the party while the pup was messing around with some giants. Sync goes up, pup goes down, lvl just droped to 23 and it's time to find a zone line. I mention it cause it was hilarous to see him runnig for teh zone with 4 giants on his rear end and cussing like mad.

Comment

Make sure you submit feedback to SE about it. I doubt they'll let the automaton just stay out* but I can see them setting the activate timer to 0 if it's got full HP on sync.

*I suspect the reason DRGs get to keep their wyverns is that a wyvern doesn't gain any abilities based on level, just stats, so they're easy to cap. Capping an automaton or charmed/jug pet in-place would also mean dialing back its abilities/spells/etc. Not that these are reasons they should make them disappear on sync, I just think it's why they do (lazy programming).
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
                            - Participants of Campaign Battle with Allied Tags would lose experience points if they become KO'd after recovering from KO'd status.
                            Oh good, I was in Whitegate yesterday and somebody shouted this, I'm glad that I didnt go into Campaign yesterday, I definently would've dlvl to 73 lol.
                            {New Sig in the works}
                            -----------------------
                            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                            Originally posted by Solymir
                            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

It was a while back, when Samurai/Monk was a good combination. Jeez, I really couldn't tell ya. I shouldn't have said Every patch.
                              Yeah, you shouldn't have. Especially when DRG has been buffed several times in recent memory.

And I don't think SAM/MNK was ever a good combination. MNK is what SAMs sub when they're afraid people will ask them to voke the mob.
                              Lyonheart
                              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Working...
                              X