The New Relics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Relics

Order of the Blue Gartr • View topic - Nyzul Relics require Runic Key (100 data wiped)

To summarize, this is what you need to do;

1) Become a Captain (Beat ToAU and every assault)

2) Obtain the weapon.

3) Obtain a Runic Key.

4) Trade the weapon once you have the key. Naja will tell you to do the following;

• Defeat the 3 Beastman Kings (Gurfurlur, Gulool Ja Ja and Medusa)
    • Defeat the 4 Chariots
    • Defeat Odin

Then you apparently have to redo all 50 assaults again (unconfirmed)

EDIT: There's also speculation that you need Balrahn's Eyepatch (which requires 100k Ampoules... /wrist)
    Last edited by Malacite; 06-09-2008, 04:46 PM.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Re: The New Relics

Well, it's a good thing they adjusted ampoules then, isn't it?

Cool that they tie it in to Assault, Besieged, Salvage *and* Einherjar. (Unless it means that you have to go into the 3 beastmen's home zones to defeat their kings, which would actually probably be easier because then they wouldn't retreat from the damn time limit.)

Most importantly, NO BUYABLE ITEMS have anything to do with it (if this information is correct).
    Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
    RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
    All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

So basically, they found a way to make it gil-free, but as long (or longer) and potentially rife with more drama.

But where is all the DAT info of this? I've seen no screens of it, just posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
        So basically, they found a way to make it gil-free, but as long (or longer) and potentially rife with more drama.

But where is all the DAT info of this? I've seen no screens of it, just posts.
        detlef's post 1/2 way down the page on Mal's link
        sigpic
        Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

Reading quest dialog, I would suppose.

Comment

i keep my image filters on

Comment

I didn't look. That just seems like the most logical place to draw the conclusion from, since obviously nobody could've actually gotten through that yet, and there shouldn't be any hint of that in the .dats (beyond conversations)

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                I didn't look. That just seems like the most logical place to draw the conclusion from, since obviously nobody could've actually gotten through that yet, and there shouldn't be any hint of that in the .dats (beyond conversations)
                There are Captains with Runic Keys already, so it's possible to get the first part of the quest from that. Screenies of the "Runic Key" string are already up on BG. (Most of this information is available on BG btw, because of the large number of advanced players that frequent the site).

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                  Most of this information is available on BG btw, because of the handful of advanced players that frequent the site, which happen to be drowning in a sea of epeening Allazites that want to rub elbows with them.
                  FTFY

Comment

So basically the requirements are own the faces of all things ToAU?
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                      So basically the requirements are own the faces of all things ToAU?
                      Seems that way. Imagine that prompt about placing your job, school and family ahead of the game, now imagine a flock of chocobos tearing the statement to shreads. The requirement, as always with the RoZ/ToA team, is that you must absolutely have no life, be unemployed and likely have no real life social contacts whatsoever.

This time, however, you must commit various mutinies or welsh out of statics to get the relic. No silly currency, just raw drama.

The Salvage requirements are actually reasonable. The ToA Beastmen Kings could be a tad tricky since every LS on earth will camp them now. Getting to the top of Nyzul isn't impossible, but the fact that there is only one discholder for the group is extremely problematic, forcing statics to have multiple runs to catch multiple discholders up - simply put, everyone should get the discs, not just one person.

Getting through Assaults is a crawl, taking a lot of time, but at the very least it fuels your ability to Salvage, so we're at least killing two birds with one stone there. But Nyzul is the trade off, so you have to back out of Assaults and Salvage at some point to do that. The stuff from Einherjar is more grinding, but presents no conflict and has more incentives for everyone now, so that's not so bad.

As for the quests themselves, no real way to judge them yet. So the pursuit of Nyzul Relic is a mixed back. Its still free, but it could easily be a timesink greater than even Dynamis Relics. Let's hope the final stats on these weapons prove to be worthy of the effort.
                      Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 06-09-2008, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                        (Most of this information is available on BG btw, because of the large number of advanced players that frequent the site).
                        Second time I get to use this expression in as many days:

WELCOME TO OBVIOUSVILLE, POPULATION EVERYBODY ELSE.

Taskmage, I prefer to think of it more as "Win TAU." It sounds so much better.

Comment

My god, I can't wait to watch some people die to toau kings. Tho +points to actually making it not spam able.
                          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            Seems that way. Imagine that prompt about placing your job, school and family ahead of the game, now imagine a flock of chocobos tearing the statement to shreads. The requirement, as always with the RoZ/ToA team, is that you must absolutely have no life, be unemployed and likely have no real life social contacts whatsoever.

This time, however, you must commit various mutinies or welsh out of statics to get the relic. No silly currency, just raw drama.
                            That said, I think the requirements for these relics are lower than for the others in terms of time commitment, and the events involved require fewer people to cooperate than dynamis. You'd expect the requirements for items billed as new relic weapons to be sky high.
                            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Has anyone even fought Gurfurlur, Gulool Ja Ja and Medusa outside of besiged?

Comment

Working...
                              X