The New Relics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New Relics

Yeah.... I'll pass. I don't even have CoP access yet. And I'm still PSC. And the only sky gear I have is Genbu Shield. And even being the 3rd PLD in my LS (the other two have been members for a year+), I still don't have any Relic gear.

Hell, I don't even have a Hauby anymore.

*Sigh*

It's gonna be a long summer. On the bright side, I have 3 RL friends of mine (since HS) that are on the server. Maybe we can find 2 other people and try a crack at this.

The good thing I see is that this is pretty much open to you if you have the time and ToAU access.

Are large alliances needed for any of the missions? Technically, isn't it feasible for ONE balanced group of people (Tank, Melee, Melee, Mage, Mage, Support) to do the ENTIRE thing, starting from when you first touch the lands of Aht Urgan?
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Dispite my complaints, I'll probably be persuing Death Penalty anyway through this. Its just I have two characters to manage and I carefully balance them against each other so one doesn't outshine the other too much. COR and SCH are definately wanted jobs for such events, though I feel as though I should now find an extra job for Kitten in regards to Einherjar, I had anticipated that Foobar would be needed more for that event.

I might just be overthinking that, though. They made some changes to Einherjar, so it might be easier for ranged attackers to deal with that event now.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
        Are large alliances needed for any of the missions? Technically, isn't it feasible for ONE balanced group of people (Tank, Melee, Melee, Mage, Mage, Support) to do the ENTIRE thing, starting from when you first touch the lands of Aht Urgan?
        That's certainly true of ToAU missions, assaults and nyzul, but while I haven't done either yet I bet salvage and einherjar would be .. a bit of a challenge.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

>. > Maybe SE will update Assault or some of the other requirements in the future? (i.e. more tags, or make Nyzul it's own separate activity)

I very much doubt it but it could happen. And yeah I don't think we'll be seeing any of these for at least a year if not 2.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

You can do Salvage with a party of six, easily. Einherjar, not so much. Maybe if you just want ampoules and you kill some mobs but don't clear ... six people will not be able to do Odin. I've never fought him, but just from what CK's said I'm fairly sure you need at least an alliance.

And beastmen kings? How many people are required to take them out? I've never even heard of anyone bothering to try it.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

My ls tried to kill Gurfurburger, or whatever his name is, last year. They had 13 for the fight and got creamed. Until real strategies develop, I would recommend an alliance for each.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                Dispite my complaints, I'll probably be persuing Death Penalty anyway through this. Its just I have two characters to manage and I carefully balance them against each other so one doesn't outshine the other too much. COR and SCH are definately wanted jobs for such events, though I feel as though I should now find an extra job for Kitten in regards to Einherjar, I had anticipated that Foobar would be needed more for that event.

I might just be overthinking that, though. They made some changes to Einherjar, so it might be easier for ranged attackers to deal with that event now.
                See it seems you have more to think about than the average person with two characters.

You just think you have a life and a concept of "average."
                I consider myself average because I have a full time 9-5 job... a girlfriend that plays the game too... I spend weekdays playing, friday/saturday is free usually to go out if anything's going on... sunday raiding. I do nyzul sundays/thursdays. Einherjar, mondays/thursdays. I also attend various raids in between like sky/sea/limbus/dynamis.

I don't spend every waking moment playing but even the time I do spend, only part of it would be necessary for Nyzul/assault. I'm actually in a perma with Phil, the guy who posted those screenshots of dialog. We're lucky enough to have dependable people.

Starting from scratch I admit is difficult without dependable people. Thankfully, we've gone through Nyzul in the last year and have gotten nearly everyone's drops from it, plus captain rank. So for people that have been doing Nyzul all along, it's not much of a stretch.

Needing to be the disc holder to get the Runic Key does suck but typically you would just choose one person at a time to get it for. Not everyone is going to go for the relic.

The best part about this quest is you don't really need an entire linkshell to get the first parts of it done. And you'd only need to be part of one that does einherjar to kill Odin and get amps. Salvage you could just recruit people for or join another group. But I guess you can't really please everyone... and yea Relic's aren't for the average person, they're going to be difficult for a reason... but even then these relics are much more accessible I think compared to dynamis.

The only issue for me is knowing the stats on those weapons to know which one to go for... PLD or WAR...
                Last edited by ItachiKujata; 06-10-2008, 07:29 AM.
                75 WHM / 75 WAR / 75 NIN / 75 PLD
                Bloodstone LS (Kujata) - http://www.sideburn.org/bloodstone/forum
                sigpic

Comment

Gurfurburger lol
                  In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
                  And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
                  Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
                  Yeah, It’s true.
                  It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

Originally posted by ItachiKujata View Post
                    Needing to be the disc holder to get the Runic Key does suck but typically you would just choose one person at a time to get it for. Not everyone is going to go for the relic.
                    Whether or not they go for relic isn't the issue, the issue is that only allowing one person to be the discholder creates an artificial difficulty. This is a timesink element that doesn't need to be there. Everyone in a static worked to get up on those floors, everyone should get the progress.

If the issue is that people could get disc recordings for higher floors without other progress, make it so only scaleable progress is recorded. Meaning, in order to get floor 36 in any group, you must still have completed floors 31-35 previously. If you join a group that's on 56 and you only have 16th floor, you don't get progress recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                      That's certainly true of ToAU missions, assaults and nyzul, but while I haven't done either yet I bet salvage and einherjar would be .. a bit of a challenge.
                      What about a team with people who have "Hybrid Classes", or - at the very least - multiple jobs?

Someone with NIN and PLD fully leveled, hell, PLD/NIN
                      SCH/RDM
                      RDM/WHM - /DRK /BRD

I'm just speculating. It's hard enough to organize huge runs when everyone might not be getting everything (IE, Dynamis).
                      The Tao of Ren
                      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                      Originally posted by Kaeko
                      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Whether or not they go for relic isn't the issue, the issue is that only allowing one person to be the discholder creates an artificial difficulty. This is a timesink element that doesn't need to be there. Everyone in a static worked to get up on those floors, everyone should get the progress.

If the issue is that people could get disc recordings for higher floors without other progress, make it so only scaleable progress is recorded. Meaning, in order to get floor 36 in any group, you must still have completed floors 31-35 previously. If you join a group that's on 56 and you only have 16th floor, you don't get progress recorded.
                        Who knows, if enough people bitch they might change it... but considering the number of people that are/have gone through nyzul already it seems doubtful...

I think they really designed Nyzul from the start as a timesink for relics. Beating 100 floor with the disc holder having a runic key already I think guarantees the weapon that drops is from the disc holder's job.

Giving the progress to everyone else in the group will just trivialize the whole relic's are supposed to be hard thing.

At least you get tokens even if it's not your disc, so if you're helping out, you may not have to keep farming tokens when it's your turn to advance on your disc....
                        75 WHM / 75 WAR / 75 NIN / 75 PLD
                        Bloodstone LS (Kujata) - http://www.sideburn.org/bloodstone/forum
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy View Post
                          Gurfurburger lol
                          "Uh, yeah, I'll have a 6-piece choco-nuggets, 2 Yagudo shakes, a Gurfurburger with cheese, and another Gurfurburger with no pickles."

"Would you like fries with that?"

"{No thanks.}"

"That's 650 gil at the second window."

sigpic

Comment

"And a triple meat burger with jalepenos." "A Cerburger?" "Yeah, whatever. That."

Comment

This thread is now about how to turn typical Vana'diel-ian items into fast food. Go. XD
                              Last edited by Aksannyi; 06-10-2008, 08:22 AM. Reason: I'm just kidding! ^_^
                              sigpic

Comment

"I'd like something cheap and heaped in cheese."

"Certainly, sir. Our Diabolos special is only a dollar ninety-nine for a limited time only."

Comment

Working...
                                X