The New Relics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New Relics

Kaeko has posts on 6-man salvage including chariot strategy, but that's Kaeko. I don't know anything about Einherjar but you're almost certainly right about Odin.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I've done seven-man boss fights on Salvage chariots, so six isn't much of a stretch. I think the one who did the least, honestly, was the THF, (since he did not attack it so he would not be giving TP, MNKs were fighting but subtle blow ) but they are really just there to be TH whores anyway, in most cases, for both cells and actual drops.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

So wait...

The only things they're asking me to do... are things I would have done anyways?

With the one exception of camping the Beastmen Kings...

I was already getting interested in all of the events required. The only real question for me is where to start.

All an All I'm happy, and I think I know exactly where I'm dedicating my endgame now.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

I totally agree. ^_^
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
            This thread is now about how to turn typical Vana'diel-ian items into fast food. Go. XD
            If you read Gurfurburger and your first thought was fast food then your mind isn't as dirty as you thought.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

pickles no onionplz
              In the moonlight, your face it glows.. like a thousand diamonds, I suppose.
              And your hair flows like.. The ocean breeze...
              Not a million fights could make me hate you, you’re invincible.
              Yeah, It’s true.
              It’s in your eyes, where I find peace.

[I love you, Rebecca :D!]

Comment

I like most of this, but they could have toned down the costs a little.

Pros:

Beating Odin, The Chieftains and Chariots is cool. Me likey.

Going through all of Nyzul is okay too since it's all random and screwy and you can get other things along the way.

For the most part, NO FREAKING MONEY. These means no assholes whoring mules or using RMT to "cheat" their way to the top.

The Weapon drop is guaranteed @ the end of the 100th floor.

Cons:

Re-doing every assault seems asinine to me, but w/e. Princess wants her picture book...

50,000 Alexandrites? You have GOT to be shitting me... according to BG that'll take 27 years. Either this is an error or they plan to adjust drops. Also keep in mind that Dyna Relics are about 17,000 coins total. 17k vs 50k, with a significantly lower drop rate.

I don't even know wtf that turban thing is that the qiqrin wants.

You have to clear the disc... which screws over your nyzul group (unless the person with the disc warps @ the end and then you clear it when everyone has a disc. Not sure if this works or not)

Beast Kings going to be difficult to claim now probably.

And finally, WTF @ 100,000 Ampoules of Ichor.
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Keep in mind the quests for this stuff aren't even close to being finished by anyone, nor are the relic stats finalized. We have the names, we have some graphis and base stats, but no actual details of the weapons' effects.

So we're at the start, some of this will probably be adjusted, but its all going to take a long time anyway, so SE has some time to tweak things.

Comment

So the same people bitching you could buy relics, are now bitching at the same amount of work it would be to not buy dynamis relics?
                    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                      The Weapon drop is guaranteed @ the end of the 100th floor.
                      The weapon drop is only guaranteed if you already have a runic key, so you have to have cleared a disc to 100, erased it, and clear it to 100 again.
                      Re-doing every assault seems asinine to me, but w/e. Princess wants her picture book...
                      The Nyzul is ok because of the variety and ability to earn other rewards along the way, but the normal assaults are not?
                      50,000 Alexandrites? You have GOT to be shitting me... according to BG that'll take 27 years.
                      The item has been in existence for two days. I doubt even BG has enough data to extrapolate the timetable out to 27 years ...
                      You have to clear the disc... which screws over your nyzul group (unless the person with the disc warps @ the end and then you clear it when everyone has a disc. Not sure if this works or not)
                      You have to clear the disc when you finish floor 100 anyway, so if you weren't doing that already you're screwing your Nyzul group out of any Nyzul set headgear.
                      Beast Kings going to be difficult to claim now probably.
                      You think? Even if they're on a 72 hour repop and the quest makes you turn in their item rather than keying off the title you get, 3 people would have to clear the other requirements in the same week for there to even be any competition. For it to be a persistent problem, you'd need 122 people every year completing the other requirements for these weapons, and the most documented dynamis relics on any server so far is 70.
                      Last edited by Taskmage; 06-11-2008, 05:32 AM. Reason: formatting

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                        The weapon drop is only guaranteed if you already have a runic key, so you have to have cleared a disc to 100, erased it, and clear it to 100 again.
                        You only get the disc upon your 1st completion of the 100th floor. Upon the second you will get your key and weapon. Now, the way to avoid this is apparently having the disc holder warp out just before the boss dies. This way you can do this 7 times (1 for each member and then the last run for everyone to get their weapons) with the only real issue being keeping up enough tokens.

The Nyzul is ok because of the variety and ability to earn other rewards along the way, but the normal assaults are not?
                        Okay I guess you got a point there. Some of the assaults did suck though (Lebross PFC) and didn't some of them cost imperial gold?

The item has been in existence for two days. I doubt even BG has enough data to extrapolate the timetable out to 27 years ...
                        Well, the average drop from salvage runs so far seems to be 4. That WILL take 27 years. I'm assuming SE is going to adjust drop rates in the future (if they didn't already in the recent emergency updates) but at the same time these things are buyable... BAD SE!!!

You have to clear the disc when you finish floor 100 anyway, so if you weren't doing that already you're screwing your Nyzul group out of any Nyzul set headgear.

Again, only on the second run.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Nah, none of the assaults themselves cost imperial currency. That was just the promotion quests.

Comment

You only get the disc upon your 1st completion of the 100th floor. Upon the second you will get your key and weapon. Now, the way to avoid this is apparently having the disc holder warp out just before the boss dies. This way you can do this 7 times (1 for each member and then the last run for everyone to get their weapons) with the only real issue being keeping up enough tokens.
                            Actually the disc holder gets the runic key after you beat 100th floor. If you go through a second time with that person's disc, the weapon will be guaranteed to be whatever that person's job is. To avoid losing your progress you can have the disc holder warp out before killing the boss.

You can build everyone's disc to 96 floor, Take turns using people's discs until the weapon they want drops and then beat it on all 6 discs. Although the weapon drop will be random, it shouldn't take that long to get. But really I see nyzul/assaults as being the easiest part of this quest... hardest I think are Einherjar with 100k ampoules and Odin win (only because you need more than 6 people), 50k Alexandrite...

The question is though, if you've already done these requirements before activating the quest, do they still count? Like if you've killed Odin already, killed ToAU beast kings, killed salvage bosses... does it count?
                            75 WHM / 75 WAR / 75 NIN / 75 PLD
                            Bloodstone LS (Kujata) - http://www.sideburn.org/bloodstone/forum
                            sigpic

Comment

While getting a relic of any kind would be neat, I think for now the only real benefit this has for me is that more people will be doing Assaults again, and I might have an easier time of reaching Captain rank.

Plus, hopefully there might be more people doing Einherjar now, so a better chance at getting that Valkyrie's Fork.

Now to finish CoP so that I can get started on ToAU!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ItachiKujata View Post
                                You can build everyone's disc to 96 floor, Take turns using people's discs until the weapon they want drops and then beat it on all 6 discs. Although the weapon drop will be random, it shouldn't take that long to get.
                                You'd be surprised. After all, there's 20 weapons and nothing that stops the same one from falling repeatedly.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                                X