Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone Recovered their deleted Content ID/character???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone Recovered their deleted Content ID/character???

well yeah a relative deleted it months ago (have no idea how they figured out my playonline
    password but I changed it now.) I read the Q&A on PlayOnline and it says like they can more likely recover deleted content ID
    if it was deleted within 3 months ago (or I think 5 months ago.)

but there's still a chance even if it was like 6 months ago, right? I mean, it does say they
    would still attempt to recover it. and the policy is that they will only recover a Content ID once
    per account. so maybe it would pay to at least call the number and give it a try huh?

anyone had deleted Content ID experiences and had their character recovered?
    I have a pretty high level character so it would save me the trouble of starting over from scratch.
    yea people may ask, "why didn't you try recovering it earlier?",
    well lots of life complications so I didn't even think it was possible until now.

oh wait, Monday is a holiday? I guess I'll have to call Tuesday? what's this 9am to 6pm pacific
    time stuff? what's that mean in Eastern time?

Re: anyone Recovered their deleted Content ID/character???

Phone Support:
    PlayOnline Information Center
    (858) 790-7529 (PLAY)
    Monday - Friday
    9:00 am - 6:00 pm Pacific Time (excluding weekends and holidays)

Web Chat Support: https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/index.html

So thats 11am - 9pm EST. Good luck with your account.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

oh thanks a lot! does the web chat support function as good as phone call
      support? are they basically the same thing?

well since Monday is a holiday, I'll call them Tuesday I guess unless they still work
      Monday.

Comment

If the character itself was deleted, chances are virtually nil that it can be restored from what I've read from other user reports.

If you just cancelled the Content ID, the character data should still be around.

It's still worth asking about, but I'd just go in with some pessimistic expectations given the circumstances you are describing.

Icemage

Comment

Character deletion CAN be recovered; it's just that you should never ever delete a character because your chances of restoring a content ID are about five thousand times better.

I wouldn't say they're "nil", and if it's only been a few months you might get lucky, but it is a one time thing last I've seen anything from SE, so even if you can restore it once, you're SOL next time.

Comment

ya that's why the one time thing is what brings at least some chance that they
            might be able to recover it. I'm sure it's a much easier chance than trying to win
            the lottery.

but ya, as a last resort, I'm prepared to start from scratch if they can't recover it.
            too bad I can't call them now. will SE really not have services on Monday?

well I'll try to get the expansion sometime today and install it in the meantime.

Comment

I have had a character restored before, I phoned them up and they asked a few details about the character, personal details, credit card info etc. They said they require the content ID to still be open. I got it back but they said that it is aone time only thing, I got it back the next day. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Messia View Post
                I have had a character restored before, I phoned them up and they asked a few details about the character, personal details, credit card info etc. They said they require the content ID to still be open. I got it back but they said that it is aone time only thing, I got it back the next day. Good Luck!
                ya but how long ago was yours deleted before you phoned them to restore it?

aaah and credit card information?? ack I'll have to get my parent to tell me the numbers again.
                >.<

I would feel more comfortable doing this through their chat system, but I guess it would only
                be done over the phone? aaaaah and on top of that it looks like their services may be closed
                on Monday. so much waiting...... and I just finished installing the expansion.....

what would really make me miffed is if I wait until Tuesday and see if they can restore it, and
                they end up not being able to restore it, if that becomes the case, then I shoulda of just bought
                a new content ID today and get a head start. >.<

but there is still hope I guess. sigh....about 6 months since deletion.......wonder if it can be restored.

Comment

About 3 months for me.

Comment

sigh....maybe there's still a chance. maybe. well never know unless I try.

do you think their services are still open this Monday's holiday?

Comment

Nope.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

hmm I just called now and it says to call during business hours. >.> they say
                        9 am and now it's 11 am.

oh um I can also do this through their website's chat service, right?

Comment

Make sure you got the right Support Section.

Http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
                          Http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/index.shtml
                          Http://www.playonline.com/ff11jp/index.shtml

Depending on where you're calling from.
                          http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

oh thanks! I already checked the web chat help and it seems like I'll need to
                            have my playonline ID, full name, and first 4 and last 4 digits of credit card.
                            well I'll have to wait till my parents get home. but if I can do it over the
                            chat service, even better since I'm already logged on.

Comment

update! I finally got in contact with them! it looks like they'll let me know in 7 days if they can recover it! so ya, they say it's a 50/50 chance, and in fact
                              the policy limit is a 12 month range (not 3 month), so whew, good thing it wasn't
                              too long ago! so ya, we'll see what happens next week!

but I'm furious I wasn't able to remember specific Job levels besides my main and
                              sub. if I had them written down, I would have told them more jobs and more
                              specific job level. aaah hopefully they find it and recover it. it would save me 2 years of work.

Comment

Working...
                              X