Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /anon farmers :)

Are you an /anon farmer? :O

Do you jump on your THF/NIN and farm while using /anon?

If so, you sir, need to read this:

Whenever I go out farming, I always search the zone to get an idea of how much competition there will be, if I spot lots of THFs or /THFs, I go somewhere else, most likely. Because the competition might severely hinder down my farming session, and I don't like it when people come to my farming spots therefore I try to not overcamp theirs if I know theyre camping there in the first place.

BUT... if you have the habit of going /anon, I cannot ascertain if you're a THF or a /THF. Therefore I ignore you altogether and just go there to farm anyway.

You see the problem you create when you go /anon while farming stuff?

What plausible reason is there to go /anon anyway? Is it so no one bothers you? Oh please.

Keep going /anon while farming if you want, but don't complain when I come and camp your mobs, or I might have to go all lectury on you.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Re: /anon farmers

Well, there is one point to going /anon as THF - people tend to bug the shit out of you for help with this and that and how often does the THF get repaid in things like help and merit invites?

So I can kinda see why they go /anon, even if only to farm.

Comment

See jobs below. If I don't farm on anon I get bugged for merit invites every 15 minutes, it gets annoying after awhile.
      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Same reasons as above, also being a RDM if in an area where people need raises you get bugged left and right to go to the other side of the zone to raise someone. I don't mind if other people come in and farm, with farming I expect competition.

However I also do the same and /sea for what I am going into, if an area is overcamped I go after something else to farm in that zone, but camping ontop of me after I have been there for awhile I will not leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          Well, there is one point to going /anon as THF - people tend to bug the shit out of you for help with this and that and how often does the THF get repaid in things like help and merit invites?

So I can kinda see why they go /anon, even if only to farm.
          That's why I anon when I'm on thf, I get more requests asking to help other people farm things then I get for joining exp pts...while I lfg.

If I'm farming anon someplace and you decide to show up, whether I'm anon or not shouldn't matter in whether you decide to start pulling 'my' mobs. I personally have no problems with sharing farming spots, even if it does slow down my profits. The only time I really get bothered by it is when people start pulling things right out from underneath me, aka when I charge up SA, draw my weapons and stand behind a mob only to have someone run up and voke it.

It's a crawler, not an NM. There will be more, I shouldn't have to fight over claims.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Im a rdm i think i know all too well what it is to be bugged like that.

I never anon. I can say no thanks or ignore it, whats the problem?

I dont go to your spot if i see you there, anon or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
              The only time I really get bothered by it is when people start pulling things right out from underneath me, aka when I charge up SA, draw my weapons and stand behind a mob only to have someone run up and voke it.
              I had that happen last night, lol. I was down to 4k gil so went to farm blood/cuttings, ran up to a bat, pulled sword out, and out of nowhere someone hit it w/ a xbow bolt. The rest of my farming time was devoted to putting them on follow and making sure they didn't get another pull, W.Legs + Dia is nice for spiteful farming.

Comment

As a Thf you probably have a better chance at getting an invite if you're /anon.

That joke might be a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                  Im a rdm i think i know all too well what it is to be bugged like that.

I don't know, I guess I'm just cranky and unsociable. My tell chimes going off constantly between random merit invites, raise requests, PL requests, and merit invites even when I am /anon because people know I have the jobs, it gets old after awhile when all I want to do is focus on outpulling others so I can make my cash and gtfo.

Comment

I go anon so I don't get pestered for raises but I do understand your point and will consider not being anon from now on. If I start to get bugged though, up the anon sign is going to go!

Why don't I just respond {No, thanks.}? Because some people just don't take no for an answer. They try to guilt you into doing it for them with some sob story......and let's face it, I'm a grandma, it doesn't take much to make me feel guilty!
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                      Basically it's the fact that I farm for 4+ hours when i do it, some /tell request comes in every 5 to 10 min, and that just gets annoying after the first hour. Even if already pt'd up with someone I will still get the request for pt, now that right there bugs the ever living crap out of me, it is not hard to see my name is already in blue or yellow .

Comment

There are some people who only leveled /thf to Treasure Hunter level, and although smarter people will know what a player is doing in a Farming Area as 75RDM/15THF, there are some select few close minded people who will just point and laugh and joke on their LS that they found a gimp RDM only to be told by someone with brains that they may be just farming. So people with Treasure hunter only subjobs that isn't leveled to meet their main jobs level goes /anon.

Also I do farm /anon sometimes because people will still send me /tells asking if i need a so and so mission (they see my rank) and although it only takes 2 seconds to turn them down, there are times i am just not in the mood to be bothered.

There are also jobs like Red Mage and Bard (since people lack higher damaging jobs sometimes) who DESPITE having comments in their search comments like "Im sorry im busy right now" or "Party No, Thanks", will unfortunately still get party invites. I was bazaaring in South Sandoria for the night and went to sleep as 75BRD/37NIN and despite having in my /seacom "{AWAY} AFK {AWAY} AFK {Goodnight!}" I still woke up to atleast 5 meripo invites.
                        62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

I go /anon as BRD/THF to farm, because like the others, I hate getting /tells for merits/end game crap/whatever suits people every 5-10 minutes. I put a search comment up, that says: {I'm playing solo right now}, {Party} {No, Thanks}, Farming!!!!

People are still inconsiderate enough to send me tells anyway. Of course I'm going to be cranky about it. No just isn't enough for people anymore, and why should I--an individual who pays the same amount per month as everyone else--be subjected to constant annoyance because someone wants to know if I'm farming? Give me a break.

Go ahead and camp on me, I'm used to it, and I'll still most likely get my mob.
                          Originally Posted by Neosutra
                          Jesus Christ guys, no one will get banned from this Salvage dupe. It isnt trackable, it isnt traceable, and you dont alter any game mechanics to do it. Anyone thinking people will get banned is a fucking moron.
                          Bard 75 ~ Bard Relic: 4/5 ~ Windy Rank 10

Comment

I guess there's no problem going anon, at all. As long as you're ok with me coming over and farming the same stuff as you, unlike the 2 thieves that were farming on zi'tah before i got there and started telling me off.

"Look buddy, i hate competition as much as you do, but if i had known you were here farming i wouldnt have come waste my time."

"Then get out now."

"Nuh huh, i came all the way here now im staying. Tough luck."

Comment

Just go by the rule Balfree, when farming.

If the mobs name is yellow, its fair game

Partys are expected to be a little more considerate of that rule, meaning don't camp on other partys, but as far as farming goes, if you didn't know what the /anon person was doing and he /tells you off for camping the mobs hes farming, then thats tough luck for them. Its fair game. Although i was hoping my farming guide would kind of spread people out a little to the point where people could find other sources of income in the case their main source was getting whored out for the day o.o;
                              62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Working...
                              X