/anon farmers :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: /anon farmers

Keep going /anon while farming if you want, but don't complain when I come and camp your mobs, or I might have to go all lectury on you.
    I guess there's no problem going anon, at all. As long as you're ok with me coming over and farming the same stuff as you, unlike the 2 thieves that were farming on zi'tah before i got there and started telling me off.
    The problem I have with the above statement is that you do not know where I am farming in the zone.

Yes, you may know that there is a Drg/Thf in the area, but you don't know where. There are plenty of areas to farm in all of the zones unless you are talking about Goobbues, those are much harder to find.

Let's say you want to farm Crawlers in Rolanberry Fields, no, the Crawler's Nest. I may be there farming as Drg/Brd, or I may be there farming as Drg/Thf with my NPC. I may be /anon, I might not be.

Let's say I am /anon. You come up to where I am farming, berate me for being /anon, and then proceed to farm on top of me regardless of there being other spots with plenty of Crawlers/whatever just down that other tunnel. Isn't that being a bit of an ass?

Will you berate me for going as Drg/Brd because in general I prefer to farm EP-DC mobs and want a farming sub that will eliminate downtime? Or it could be TW mobs that just hit too hard for me to feel comfortable in bringing /thf. Hey, I'm not Drg/Thf, so how will you know that I'm farming? Will you treat me like a /anon farmer then?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Say {No Thanks!} or ignore it, eh? Ahhh, so you're a bastard then!

Well, no, you aren't a bastard. Any more than I am or most of the rest of this board is. However, you're building up that reputation with each passing /tell. There's the crux of this argument.

Every linkshell in existence that is not solely dedicated to one tight group of friends or the endgame scene has at least one player: usually mid/preteen age, son of one of the members, only allowed to play at certain times of the week, etc. We'll call this player "Whiny Little Pussy". WLP only logs on for things he needs done right now, because dad has him on a schedule and he's never learned patience or planning. As soon as WLP logs on he'll start searching the shell for people he needs to accomplish the task. Actually, this is giving him too much credit, scratch this. WLP will immediately ask dad or mom for help with whatever task he needs done. Dad or mom will begin gathering people from friends or people that owe them favors and then reach a point where they realize: "Oh crap, I don't have a WHM, THF, RDM, tank, or other necessary job". The hunt begins. If you have the mistake of being visible on your job at this point, you're fair game. Dad or Mom are by this point rather frantic because they don't have the luxury of only dealing with WLP on those times of the week when he can log onto the game. Their ability to remain rational and fair in their dealings with the ls are therefore a bit hampered.

And here's where I insert myself into this scenario: I am farming Crawlers in Rolanberry. I am WHM/THF and mid-60s levels. Granted, this is not the most optimal job combination to farm anything, but it's what I have available at the time. I'm not anon, but have a /seacom up that says something to the effect of: "I'm farming crawlers, thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass". I have been tasked by the linkleader with getting Raise 3 by two weeks down the road when our LS will attempt to tackle "Random too-tough mission/mob X that a social LS really shouldn't attempt but is willing to try anyway". To do this, I'm obviously going to need a few levels and the money to buy that scroll. Steam Cleaner is still bugged and not spawning at this point, and inflation is rampant. The scroll was 4 million on Diabolos, thus I'm expecting to be at this awhile. I have politely answered tells from WLP and his parent several times explaining my situation and that I'm not willing to drop everything and go do this thing. Part of that might stem from the fact that I'm now 2 weeks into my mission to get R3 and have spent almost every day helping with missions/AF instead of really levelling or farming. I get to have this conversation with my LS leader:

Lead: "Hey Zerl, I understand you don't want to help with WLP's AF".
      Zerlatik: "Yeah, I'm kinda busy farming here for R3".
      Lead: "Look, I don't want to do this either, but he only plays two days a week. I need you here".
      Z: "Aren't there any other WHMs available? I'm not going to hit my mark if I have to keep doing these..."
      L: "No, they're all in exp parties or already doing something like this."
      Z: "Well then maybe WLP should plan this out ahead of time, put it on the schedule."
      L: "Zerl, this isn't a request, I need you here now."
      Z: "You've needed me here now every day this week, when do you expect me to actually level and get this R3?"
      L: "I didn't ask to be recruited for this either, but I'm the linkleader and you're the only WHM available, we all have to do things we don't like sometimes."
      Z: "..."
      L: "Well, are you coming or not? I don't have time for you to throw a fit every time I ask you to do something."
      Z: "Yeah, you know what? I am throwing a fit, and I'm gonna take a break for awhile. I'm tired of this."
      L: "No, I'm putting you on warning, consider your pearl broken for the next week."

So, flash forward a week or two. I'm applying to a different LS for endgame. I'm no closer to R3 than I was, mainly due to close friends needing help in the meantime and me no longer having that deadline to reach. I get this tell back from the Lsleader:

L2: "Ok, we looked at your application and you've done a really nice job of finishing missions and unlocking areas, we could really use someone like you."
      Z: "Cool, that's good to hear. I've been looking forward to getting back into the game."
      L2: "Yeah... it's just, well, you kind of have a reputation of being selfish and unhelpful."
      Z: "What?"
      L2: "Well, several of our members have said you wouldn't help friends of theirs with stuff in your old LS. I'm just not sure we can use you."

My response to this was to log off, walk outside and shout a particular word. This word begins with the letter "F" and rhymes with duck. It was 4 PM on a Sunday and the local Mormon Church had just let out. I had a nice audience of several families and their children walking by. I don't know if the rest of you have ever received a letter of warning from your Homeowner's Association, but they come on nice letterhead with this friendly greeting that is wholly inappropriate for the text of the letter. I have since abandoned WHM. If anyone ever wondered why, this would be why. I now farm as a 70+ SMN/THF. I still get tells for CoP capped missions. These tells go so far as to offer to buy me level capped gear if I can come along. I get tells from inside my LS, I get tells from outside my LS. Sometimes I get tells from friends or "friends of a friend" of the person I just turned down. They bring up help that's been given to me years ago, even if I had to blackmail them into helping by pointing out where I did their AF/mission on WHM. They impugn my character, call my parentage into question, beg, whine and plead. Sadly, there is no end, there is no escape.

Balfrey, the point of my rambling story is to point out this: You've identified a problem. It's not really a problem for us, it's a problem for you. You could solve this problem yourself. It would involve sending tells to people that are /anon. You could ask them "Hey, you wouldn't happen to be farming X, would ya? Oh, ok, that's cool, I'll leave you alone." You might have to send out 10-12 of these, it would probably be an inconvenience. You could also check /seacoms of these anon people. Mine usually lists where and what I'm farming. I've seen others in the zone with similar /seacoms. Your solution doesn't really do any of this. Instead it inconveniences the rest of us and leaves us exposed to the slings and arrows of gossipy idiots we're trying to avoid. It contains an implied threat. It supposedly justifies any behavior of yours taken on or near us and gives you free reign to be a complete dick. I'm sorry, you don't have the license to be a dick. Neither do any of the rest of us. Suck it up and do the actual work if it bothers you that badly.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

I actually was farming /anon in Zitah once killing Couerls and a nice SMN asks me before he came out what i was farming, and I told him Couerls and he thanked me and told me he would go somewhere else then. I then responded there are more Couerls out here then I could kill and they are on a 5 minute respawn and i wouldn't mind sharing. So he came out and farmed Couerls, i skipped every other Couerl along the Couerl route so he could have them, since he was SMN he killed a little slower.
        62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

I personally don't have a problem with /anon while farming. It's the people that are farming that aren't thf or /thf. If you're farming and don't have thf, GTFO. You're only hurting the people who are farming that are trying to make a living.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
          'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
          Dymlos
          Bahamut server
          Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

I think you have failed to realise that some people don't decide to go /anon purely when they decide to farm. Plenty of people like being /anon 24/7. So some of those people you are labelling as problematic are not even for a second thinking this into such over-detail as you to think they'll do it for kicks to confuse easily irrated people such as yourself, sir.

Apart from that, do you also not realise that if you're mooching around on a high level thf farming or doing anything else you please not only do you increase the possiblity that your linkshell, friend list and possibly complete randomers think this means you're in the mood for being a good little thf and doing whatever whim that comes into their head. Easily avoided with /anon.

Now it comes down to people who want to be /anon when farming. Some people do this because they're playing another job where thf isn't exactly up to scratch to looking like a decent sub. They use it purely for TH and most likely don't want people mislabelling them as someone with a gimpy sub who doesn't level their sub completely.

Some people just like being /anon. They can do what they want so quit whining. If we could tell others what to do the first stop would be telling the RMT to bugger off completely but unfortunately real life and in game aren't like that. It's just a game so get over it, stop taking offense to what everyone else is doing and get on with the game yourself and enjoy rather than work yourself up with theories of what people should be doing and why they do what they do.

Some people choose to farm /anon, some just happen to be /anon when farming, bottom line is: you're not going to change it so just get on with your own farming.

Comment

Mleh all the points are valid. Maybe I should've named the thread Rant: anon farmers.

I ultimatly dislike anon, that is all.

And no i dont flat out ignore people but i could, but i dont... but i could. And if shovel came to toe, i was afk.
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos View Post
                I personally don't have a problem with /anon while farming. It's the people that are farming that aren't thf or /thf. If you're farming and don't have thf, GTFO. You're only hurting the people who are farming that are trying to make a living.
                Really you don't need thf to farm everything, sometimes it's better for me to rdm/nin or bst/whm. I find that thf is only optimal for me to use in about 50% of the farming I do.

Comment

x_x

Im gonna make another thread.

"people who keep derailing threads" ;_;
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

I Anon, it lets me move along at my own pace free from the whimsical wishes of others. One of my pet peeves in this game is that one person who always needs you no matter what. (I am going to use Kit's WLP) WLPsends a /tell asking:
                    WLP: Can You Help Me!
                    M: Sorry i am bussy now
                    WLP: I really need help and your a RDM our party needs help
                    M: ....
                    WLP: Its your job to help people if your a higer lvl
                    M: Excuse me?
                    WLP: Ya your supposed to help the little guys
                    M: Right.... goodbye.

If i am anon i avoid 75% of these annoying /tells, the other 25% come from people who know me and know the jobs i have leveled and often are based around Party Do you need it? Refresh Yes, Please, (No thanks I say) and that is all there is too it. I didnt lvl to 75 so while im out farming or NM hunting i can be bombarded and harrassed by WLP's all over the server.

As for going /THF i dont ever, i /BLM and sweep an entire zone -aga and repeat, quantity over quality i say ^^, if you dont like it GTFO.

sig courtesy tgm
                    retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                      As for going /THF i dont ever, i /BLM and sweep an entire zone -aga and repeat, quantity over quality i say ^^, if you dont like it GTFO.
                      Fine, then I'll fucking report you to the GM for claiming all the mobs and not leaving it for everyone else to farm.

Originally posted by FFXI's view on other MMORPGs
                      'Start learning boy, no you don't get a tutorial, this is man's country! Tutorial's are for little sissy babies who need their mommies! Now, are you a sissy baby or a man?"
                      Dymlos
                      Bahamut server
                      Lv 75 Ranger Lv 75 Samurai

Comment

GM will laugh at you. What party of "it's not your mob until the name is red" don't people like you understand? If someone -aga's every mob in the zone and you don't get shit, tough luck.

To do this, I'm obviously going to need a few levels and the money to buy that scroll. Steam Cleaner is still bugged and not spawning at this point, and inflation is rampant. The scroll was 4 million on Diabolos,
                        Raise 3 is like 5, 10k gil at the most now.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                        ------
                        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

GM dont do anything, i farm animal glue often in valkurm by chaining all the mobs an againg them. GM's have been called several time and do nothing they dont say jack to me. Why because theres other places to party/farm or they could always use bats. (these times i "farm" here are usually in response to being dropped by a JP party for not speaking japanese and it is a grudge thing but i dont say that.)

sig courtesy tgm
                          retired -08

Comment

I assume he was talking about some point in the past. At least, I hope.

You're not really helping your case MrMageo.

Comment

Its all good murph i seldom help my case, I do things for myself 95% of the time. So because of that i seldom worry about other peoples misfourtunes when i farm. Besides i only farm qudavs(qulun dome) and NM's cant be bothered killing little things for no reason i like getting my gil and xp for each kill as well as a drop.

(ftr i dont actively farm the dunes, those were jus special cases where i had to punish some JP players.)

Please listen to Looking out for Number 1- Randy Bachman

thats me, looking out for number 1

sig courtesy tgm
                              retired -08

Comment

Honestly, I farm as WHM75/THF34 and nobody ever seems to bother me with /tells ... then again, I'm in an endgame LS most of the time, it's just on the social side. Darn update, the countdown is actually going UP, it's at about 4 hours now...

Comment

Working...
                                X