Abandoning one relic for another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandoning one relic for another

Just a quick question, I am currently working on my Relic horn, however i kind of want to quit it to work on my Aegis. Is it possible to work on two relics at the same time or do i have to abandon the road to the Gjallarhorn?

Thanks

EDIT for future reference:

Well heres the little story behind why i want to do Aegis before horn, im not gonna DROP horn completely, i just want my Aegis first.

I started working on horn before i started getting HEAVILY into endgame as Bard, but once i got deep into endgame after getting some nice pieces for bard (osode, relic, etc) i realized all my good CHR/wind/singing gear has gone to waste because all i do is Ballad the Black Mage party (well chr not completely wasted cuz i still need to land elegy and lullaby) so i got kind of turned off during stage 3 relic. I started falling asleep during HNMs and Dynamis so i switched to using my paladin in endgame and love the thrill of tanking. So yeah... thats it lol.

All i was wondering is if its possible to do two at the same time, but work on one slower than the other.
    Last edited by Selphiie The Enchantress; 02-27-2008, 08:45 PM.
    62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Re: Abandoning one relic for another

Considering the time and effort put into taking just one relic even to Stage 4, let alone Stage 5, and the sheer number of Dynamis sessions you would need to gather the requisite AC, I wouldn't think there was even a question - Why would you want to go through this excurtiating ordeal more than absolutely necessary?

Unless of course Stage 5'ing relics has gotten a lot easier (but then why aren't there more of them?)
    sigpic

(\ /)
    ( . . )
    C(")(")
    ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

I have Bard and Paladin leveled and at first i was excited about the horn, so i worked hard towards but i've grown more to using my Paladin in endgame instead of my Bard so Aegis is really important to me. I wanted to see if i could work on both at the same time (Relic horn at stage 3, just waiting on attestations from Dynamis-Beaucaine) haven't touched the relic shield yet, but i would like to.

Comment

Possibly something else we can blame on BBQKitten?

Comment

Short answer is "Yes, you can work on both at the same time". However a more realistic process would be to continue with just one before you move on to another. Mainly because the reward of using a Stage 5 relic while building up your next relic will feel more fulfilling then getting both to Stage 5 simultaneously, which is going to take ALOT longer.

If PLD is that interesting to you, then drop Horn and focus fully on Shield. That's my opinion at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
            If PLD is that interesting to you, then drop Horn and focus fully on Shield. That's my opinion at least.
            OMG shut up...who in this world would do this...(i hv seen a video of a MNK droping Relic H2H) thats just stupid...i say finish ur horn and then go for Aegis. but if PLD is more atractive for u would hv been better if u had upgraded Sword and Shield.

Comment

I don't think he means throw it away, he means to "drop" the process.
              sigpic
              ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
              ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
              ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
              ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I still don't understand why someone would start work on a relic without making sure they can finish it. Seems like a great way to waste a ton of gil.

Comment

I think this is one of the issues with relics that makes it unappealing. It takes so friggin long to complete it that by the time you are halfway or more to your goal, many people are interested in another job. Relics are for people that are excited to play that job and play it often so that all that work isn't for nothing.

It can still be challenging to complete a relic weapon but years is asking a lot, imo. I would be embarassed to have a relic that sat in my mog house when it could be benefiting my ls if someone that loved that job could be using it.
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    I don't think he means throw it away, he means to "drop" the process.
                    Thanks Aksannyi

Comment

Well heres the little story behind why i want to do Aegis before horn, im not gonna DROP horn completely, i just want my Aegis first.

I started working on horn before i started getting HEAVILY into endgame as Bard, but once i got deep into endgame after getting some nice pieces for bard (osode, relic, etc) i realized all my good CHR/wind/singing gear has gone to waste because all i do is Ballad the Black Mage party (well chr not completely wasted cuz i still need to land elegy and lullaby) so i got kind of turned off during stage 3 relic. I started falling asleep during HNMs and Dynamis so i switched to using my paladin in endgame and love the thrill of tanking. So yeah... thats it lol.

All i was wondering is if its possible to do two at the same time, but work on one slower than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        I would be embarassed to have a relic that sat in my mog house when it could be benefiting my ls if someone that loved that job could be using it.
                        On the other hand, your mannequin would be epic.

Comment

It's kind of a tough call, because both of those relics are insanely powerful, and usually easier to get than the others (due to their ridiculous usefulness)

If you enjoy PLD more, then do the shield first. A PLD with Aegis is one tough nut to crack. However, +2 to all songs (most importantly Ballad) is also insane.
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                            On the other hand, your mannequin would be epic.
                            LOL Feba you always make me laugh....

...or wanna punch you in the face.

j/k (about the punching but not the laughing)
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              It's kind of a tough call, because both of those relics are insanely powerful, and usually easier to get than the others (due to their ridiculous usefulness).
                              I wouldn't consider Relic Horn insanely powerful, it's just that its essentially all HQ instruments rolled into one, save for the last threnody harp, which is still better for threnody if you want to get technical.

But considering what endgame BRD sometimes gets boiled down to, I do question all the trouble of getting the horn only play three songs at endgame. BRD really only plays two debuffs and then if the other buffs don't start with the letter "M" they're not played at all. So we can just get the HQs for those songs (cheaper) or spend billions of gil on a horn I never have to macro.

I'm really iffy on relics for RNG, personally, Annihilator is clearly a greatest gun a RNG could have. Problem is, I already have the best ranged weapon - RNG gets the ranged weapon that beats the crap out of all others at 55.

So I'm looking at Guttler from Dynamis or Quicksilver from Nyzul at this point. I'm leaning COR relic at this point, just gotta know the details behind the upgrades (if its going to require the same ordeal as Zilart relic, fuck it).
                              Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-27-2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X