Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abandoning one relic for another

Originally posted by Feba View Post
    I still don't understand why someone would start work on a relic without making sure they can finish it. Seems like a great way to waste a ton of gil.
    I am of the opinion that even finishing a relic is a great way to waste a ton of gil.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

For many relics, perhaps. But the benefits of the two Selphiie is going for are pretty worthwhile.

Comment

I do know you can cancel out of the relic quest to switch, I have to look where it is. I am actually doing the same 2 relics Selph, tho I am 0/20 on shield paper. Getting either of these relics more or less locks you into that job, aegis is sweet as well as horn. I will look up the process for switching the quest, ill post the info when I find it ^^.
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

If you can find that info that'd be great Sevv

The only thing thats keeping me from reaching stage 2 relic shield is that darn Amalthia leather, getting the hide is a pain in the ass, and finding a leathercrafter who can craft the hide is gonna be alot worse lol. Getting relic isn't a problem for me since i am the farming master lol. I'm financially secure enough to play the game while working on relic lol.
          62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            I wouldn't consider Relic Horn insanely powerful, it's just that its essentially all HQ instruments rolled into one, save for the last threnody harp, which is still better for threnody if you want to get technical.
            7/tick Refresh coming from 1 support role slot is in fact insanely powerful, not to mention the inventory +13.

Edit: One thing to take into account Selphie, these 2 relics have something in common, and that is that they are the 2 relics where once you obtain them, it becomes practically mandatory for you to be on that job at every event unless you're in a successful enough LS that is rolling in relic members. That is if you finish Aegis first, say buh-bye to using your BRD at most events for awhile, and vice versa for the Ghorn.
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
              7/tick Refresh coming from 1 support role slot is in fact insanely powerful.
              Link? Its not that I don't believe you, its just the first I've heard of this. All other reports have been that the +2, for Ballads, only affects duration and not potency.

At any rate, that would thrill me even less to get the Relic, I'd be dooming myself to BLM PTs forever. Fuck that.
              Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-28-2008, 07:48 AM.

Comment

It is 7tick refresh, trust me we always had the Ghorn brd in the tank party.
                [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Yep our brd is usually in the tank pt too. But there is the rare occasion where we get him in the blm pt and W00T!!! more "crack" for us!
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm really iffy on relics for RNG, personally, Annihilator is clearly a greatest gun a RNG could have. Problem is, I already have the best ranged weapon - RNG gets the ranged weapon that beats the crap out of all others at 55.
                    Sorry to take things off topic but this caught my eye. Why is E-bow better than Yoichinoyumi?

E-bow
                    DMG: 71 Delay: 490 STR +3 AGI +3
                    Ranged Accuracy +2 Ranged Attack +23

Yoichinoyumi
                    DMG: 81 Delay: 524
                    Ranged Accuracy +20 Ranged Attack +10

It seems as tho the stats alone for Yoichi are comparable, if not better, not to mention the hidden effect of occasionally doing 3 times normal damage. I'm not doubting your word since I haven't been a 75 rng for long, I just wanted to understand why E-Bow would be better than that.
                    My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
                    Originally posted by Balfree
                    Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

As a Paladin, 7 tick refresh stacked with a RDM Refresh and my auto refresh is just...Yeah i'll never run out of MP lol. But I don't think most tank party bards do more than one ballad, It's usually Ballad II + Minne, but it varies by LS preference.
                      62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Yeah, you're right, but that's still 2/tick more than you'd get otherwise...lol, I seem to have started a derail.

My point was that those two relics specifically pidgeonhole players into those two jobs for the good of the LS, unless you have an extremely strong LS with multiple Aegis PLDs and Ghorn BRDs. You said you enjoy playing PLD the most at endgame, so it would probably not be benificial for you to finish Ghorn first and be expected to come as BRD to most endgame events between when you finish horn and when you finish Aegis, that can be several months.
                        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by nanatsu View Post
                          Sorry to take things off topic but this caught my eye. Why is E-bow better than Yoichinoyumi?

E-bow
                          DMG: 71 Delay: 490 STR +3 AGI +3
                          Ranged Accuracy +2 Ranged Attack +23

Yoichinoyumi
                          DMG: 81 Delay: 524
                          Ranged Accuracy +20 Ranged Attack +10

It seems as tho the stats alone for Yoichi are comparable, if not better, not to mention the hidden effect of occasionally doing 3 times normal damage. I'm not doubting your word since I haven't been a 75 rng for long, I just wanted to understand why E-Bow would be better than that.
                          The accuracy matters more to SAM than RNG. STR + AGI on Vbow/Ebow, more attack and a lower delay. Delay is a big issue for RNGs, we don't like to see it get bigger than it already is, which is why Velocity Shot was such a great update to RNG.

Plus its a lot of extra effort for what is already the most expensive job in the game. RNGs face the longest road to obtaining relic compared to any other job just due to the expense of the job. If RNG is going to choose one relic to upgrade, it should probably be the one ranged weapon that outshines the other ranged weapons in its particular category, which would be the relic gun compared to other guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                            For many relics, perhaps. But the benefits of the two Selphiie is going for are pretty worthwhile.
                            For the time and gil it takes to upgrade a relic, it should let me solo Vrtra. G-horn and Aegis might be worth a while to obtain, but I still don't think it's worth the while that relics require.
                            Lyonheart
                            lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                            Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                            Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                            Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                            Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                            Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                            Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

That's why they are so rare. Most people aren't up to the challenge, or aren't interested in the challenge. Which is ok.

Comment

RNG gets the ranged weapon that beats the crap out of all others at 55.
                                O rly? Obow and Yoichinoyumi would like to have a word with you.

Situational much?

EDIT: Looks like BBQ is talking out his ass again. Proof of +2 to each ballad (though the video links are busted -.- I remember watching it years ago, it does in fact give 7 MP, 14 with soul voice.)

As for your ridiculous comments on Yoichinoyumi, I know at least 3 people on my server with it, and one whom I've merited with. The thing is devastating. You show me the Ebow that can pull off an 8k barrage on the Dynmais Lord. Oh I'm sorry, what that's? You can't. The triple damage procs often enough to eschew the delay difference between Ebow and Yoichinoyumi. Also, seeing as you've never fired Namas Arrow yourself, I'm guess you weren't aware that on top of it's impressive damage (Not as much as Sidewinder but still high at 2.75 and 40 STR/AGI) it's an enmity-free WS. (Coronach by comparison actually clears all hate, or at least that's what Shaolingoat told me) and while Ebow has 13 more ranged attack, that +20 ranged accuracy is pretty sweet.

Besides, as Armando kindly pointed out to me, haste effects are more noticeable on higher delay weapons. Well, Yoichi's got a good chunk more delay and would benefit pretty nicely from Velocity Shot.

I will concede to you that the cost to obtain it for a job that's already expensive is obscene, but then again all the relics are eff'n crazy.
                                Last edited by Malacite; 02-28-2008, 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X