Abandoning one relic for another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abandoning one relic for another

Time it takes doesn' prevent me from doing it. It is the gil. I do not see how people get 2 million gil+ a week, especially in today's economy. Of course I haven't even gotten close to having one million in a long time...
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

The only thing now keeping me from stage 2 relic shield is that darn Amaltheia NM...not only do i have to beat him and trade MY relic shield to it, i gotta wait for another dynamis jeuno to get the relic shield back (IF it drops) and then find a 98+ leathercrafter on Odin who will craft it for me, /stagger.

It sure is a challenge... lol.
      62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        EDIT: Looks like BBQ is talking out his ass again. Proof of +2 to each ballad (though the video links are busted -.- I remember watching it years ago, it does in fact give 7 MP, 14 with soul voice.)
        I don't have to pull the literacy card on you, do I?

Its not that I don't believe you, its just the first I've heard of this.
        I didn't speak out of cerntainty, but at the same time, I get no links and you give me busted ones. Good job. At any rate, Sevv answered the question, I'll take his word over yours, thanks.

When I'm unsure of something, I'll admit it and I did, so how exactly am I "talking out of my ass" about relic horn?

As for your ridiculous comments on Yoichinoyumi, I know at least 3 people on my server with it, and one whom I've merited with. The thing is devastating. You show me the Ebow that can pull off an 8k barrage on the Dynmais Lord. Oh I'm sorry, what that's? You can't. The triple damage procs often enough to eschew the delay difference between Ebow and Yoichinoyumi. Also, seeing as you've never fired Namas Arrow yourself, I'm guess you weren't aware that on top of it's impressive damage (Not as much as Sidewinder but still high at 2.75 and 40 STR/AGI) it's an enmity-free WS. (Coronach by comparison actually clears all hate, or at least that's what Shaolingoat told me) and while Ebow has 13 more ranged attack, that +20 ranged accuracy is pretty sweet.
        Then explain to my why more RNGs upgrade Relic Gun than Relic Bow? In general, more SAMs go for the bow than RNG. There has to be a reason for that. I have the gun, I've pondered upgrading it, but lack the resources to so and have virtually no interest in Dynamis right now.

Coronach does clear all hate, btw. You can watch it go off frequently in Campaign with Elviera. I'd say 100% hate loss with the WS is all the reason, especially so if you can spam it by building TP with K. Club, which I have seen people do and it works quite well.

Besides, as Armando kindly pointed out to me, haste effects are more noticeable on higher delay weapons. Well, Yoichi's got a good chunk more delay and would benefit pretty nicely from Velocity Shot.
        I would point out that 490 is still pretty high delay and also, just to be a smartass, that Velocity doesn't give Haste, it gives a Snapshot effect
        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 02-28-2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Selph I still can't find the link tho I am looking for it, The ram nm is so much fun btw =D.
          [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Some old screenshots of my fight

Comment

Also I found the mentions of the old threads I was looking for and it seems, you would have to drop your horn in order to start aegis first. Not sure if this is 100% correct, I would suggest posting the question in the New Player section of BG, all the info without the flames.

Comment

Rams are much more fun from the perspective of a Taru.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  I didn't speak out of cerntainty, but at the same time, I get no links and you give me busted ones. Good job. At any rate, Sevv answered the question, I'll take his word over yours, thanks.
                  Did you happen to check the dates of those posts? They worked way back when, and it was on allakazham too, but I personally refuse to dredge through those infested hell holes anymore than necessary. And obviously people go for the gun because of the higher damage per shot (Though interestingly enough, Culverin +1 and Cannon Shells still beats out Annihilator and Silver Bullets, tho just barely) and that Coronach clears all hate. It's not because Yoichinoyumi is bad, it's because Ebow is still very good and by comparison much easier to get. It's not quite the same as comparing a Hellfire +1 and the Annihilator, where there's a much bigger difference in delay, and (according to wiki, though I think the Namas Arrow entry is wrong since every other relic WS is 3.0) it's WS has a stronger DMG mod (3.0 vs 2.75).

And guns just plain rule :D
                  Last edited by Malacite; 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                    It's not because Yoichinoyumi is bad, it's because Ebow is still very good and by comparison much easier to get.
                    And I basically said this before. RNG got what is argueably its best Bow at 55 and Annihilator is a distinctly different case, being far and away the better gun than any other in its class.

And really, Youchiyumi and Annihilator have the same end result like all other ranged weapons - similar tiers of weapon skills and effects, Coronach just having 100% enmity loss. I think Annihilator is much lower maitenence and easier to take advantage of.

Really, having one or the other seems to make the other more situational and if I had to choose, I'd choose the gun because Bows have more ammo to maintain and a fully upgraded relic gun would give me an effect from guns I didn't have before. V-Bow still has other effects thanks to arrows and I'd prefer to give my bullets some effect, seeing as most don't get any and spartan bullets are an utter joke.

Comment

Yoichi is the better relic xD

Comment

Annihilator is definitely easier to maintain since the cost of silver bullets is much more bearable than Demons & Kaburra arrows.

However, since Yoichi is usable by 2 jobs, that gives it a big edge. A SAM would have to be out of his or her mind not to take it (hypothetically, if they were essentially given everything needed for it no strings attached) since it would allow for double-light skill chains. (Tachi Kasha to close light, followed by Namas Arrow for a second Light Chain)

Yoichinoyumi also probably has a higher DPS than Annihilator due to the delay difference (like Ebow over Sbow) not to mention the use of PPA. If only Annihilator could use Cannon Shells, then it'd be no contest (at least as far as barrage and WS are concerned) between the two. I really do find it sad that because of that one ammo type, Culverin remains the highest damaging gun in terms of raw numbers. As for potential though, I would not want to be on the receiving end of a Barrage from Annihilator. If Yoichinoyumi can pop the Dynamis Lord for 8k, the gun can certainly hit 9-10.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Well guys, thanks for the advice, I have made my decision and going with the Aegis, my dynamis LS is planning on trying to fit the shield attestation in the next Dynamis-Beaucadine so i can have it for when i get to that stage. Thanks all for the help and wish me luck on my road to obtaining the Aegis :] and joining the ranks of the great Aegis Paladins
                          62Dancer | 75Corsair | 75Beastmaster | 75Paladin | 75Bard

Your resource for FFXI Farming

Comment

Good luck. If you'd like I can take the 3/5 Ghorn off your hands, y'know, if you don't need it anytime soon. >.>
                            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Working...
                            X