X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Crazy Idea: The Monthly Player RMT Report

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
    I reported BBQ to a GM the other day because he was wearing a witch hat. Witch Hat=RMT! Hows that for a witch hunt?
    Did you have a Pitchfork +1 equipped when you made the GM call?
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
      In those games, do you also spend a significant amount of game currency on things that don't change in price over time? i.e. by buying things from NPCs, etc?
      If SE simply upped the amount of gil rewarded from quests and dropped by mobs, gil would certainly be easier to farm. But this would also lead to inflation, causing items sold between players to increase in price.
      I would think that would put us right back to square one, where players view gil as too time consuming to raise.
      Yes, a few of them have "must-have" class items which most people buy and, yes, they are subject to over-inflation. However, as money is easier to earn people just get their heads down and earn it. Make money more easily obtainable and introduce more items to the game so the focus isn't always on the same NM camps. I'm aware that S-E have added new armour sets / gear, however, this is still a fraction of the number of items other games present levelling players. There's also the option to make gear "Bind on Equip" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
        I reported BBQ to a GM the other day because he was wearing a witch hat. Witch Hat=RMT! Hows that for a witch hunt?
        Did you check to see if BBQ weighed the same as a duck?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
          RMT only exist in such great numbers in FFXI because money takes effort to earn. Look at other MMOs out there that give cash as quest rewards or have significant coin drops off mobs and you'll see the impact from RMT is negligible.
          Those games still have strong RMT influences and they're just as strong, if not stronger, in those games then they are in FFXI. If money is easier to make for the normal players, it's easier to make for the RMT. And when everyone has money, everything goes up in price.

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
          Yes, a few of them have "must-have" class items which most people buy and, yes, they are subject to over-inflation. However, as money is easier to earn people just get their heads down and earn it. Make money more easily obtainable and introduce more items to the game so the focus isn't always on the same NM camps. I'm aware that S-E have added new armour sets / gear, however, this is still a fraction of the number of items other games present levelling players. There's also the option to make gear "Bind on Equip" as well.
          Again, making money easier to obtain would not discourage RMT, it would INCREASE it. Money is getting harder and harder to make in FFXI because RMT are *exploiting* any of the easy ways to do it. Money was real easy to make two years ago. I could sell a stack of Beastmen's blood for upwards of 200k. That's a lot of money for very little effort. But the downside was that *everyone* could make that same money, including RMT, so that everything just raised in price to match. And while that made buy NPC items and using NPC vendors absurdly cheap, it also meant that gil reward quests and gil drops were almost pointless.

So instead of making cash easier to obtain, SE decided to make items easier to obtain. They also added armor that was comparible, but not better then, items in game already so people had more options on what they wished to use. As well as adding great endgame gear that requires *work*(and luck) to obtain, not cash, so people don't even need as much gil to be effective anymore. But doing all of this helped caused gil to be worth less(not 'worthless') then it was, so that smaller amounts of cash could be used for much more. However they also had to change many of the 'get-rich-quick' methods of making cash as RMT and botters heavily exploited those methods so they could raise money of their own.

The answer isn't 'Make more gil' it's 'make items that don't need gil'. Because people don't pay real cash just to look at their large quantities of gil, they buy it so they can spend that gil on the items they want. So if SE just creates a way to get the items people want, that will make people need that much less gil.

And I think making gear Ex is just as close as 'bind on equip' for my taste.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I notice that the RMT (or some noob) are being painfully obvious when they Pos hack. I was mining the other day and watched them run up to a point and disappear. So I go to the next point and hes there already and he does it again. They didn't even bother to sneak up and hide it.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Report to SE, don't start your own goddamn witchhunts because it doesn't help anything and only creates drama.
              Ok, is anyone else missing the fucking point!?

This isn't a "Witch hunt" This isn't a method of publically defacing anyone. This is a matter of getting those "would be" reports that never get f'ing reported to SE.

Honestly, how many players stop what they are doing, log out of the game, go into the Service section of POL, and type up a full email, EVERY TIME. They see a problem, they fuck around with the person, and never get around to reporting.

Every time a GM call will be made on a suspected RMT, you will get 9/10 times the same reply: Please use the POL STFU function.

Now think of how many calls on RMT get dropped because of this inconvenience? At this point, especially if multiple calls are getting droped about the same suspect, woulden't it be better just to have a place on the forums where you could compile data to pass it on to the STF?

Only a fucking moron would turn this into a witchhunt, or even see it as that. The only reason people are saying this is that they have absolutely no faith in anyone these days. No faith that people would actually RESPECT the idea and use it properly, and no faith that SE would take the proper steps to be sure that not only would the innocent players would be protected, but that the data gathered on the RMT players would benefit more than a few staggered reports making it through the typical sloth of the would-be reports.

I mean honestly, how hard is it for you to pick out an RMT?
              - No peices of equipment that require any length of work
              - Randomly generated names (I mean who plays as Gafleanjoeakpl?)
              - Extreme (note: exceeding 18 hour spans) length of active playtime.
              - Work-oriented playstyle (meaning spending all your time farming and nothing else, period. Hello Gusgen RMTminers...)
              - Complete lack of communication. (even japaneese players will try to spark up a conversation in auto-translate)
              - Blatent use of 3rd party tools, hacks, and other violations of the ToS

As it stands, I'm moving forward with this. Put it in whatever light you want, but I am at the very least making sure all MY RMT reports GET to the STF. Instead of wasting my playtime every time I come accross a group of RMTs, I'll keep a notebook of times, dates, and activities of each suspect (oh yeah like it's really hard to pick out a bunch of random-letter names as possible gilsellers, give me a break people. This fucking panic attack about the 'innocent players' is ridiculous now.) At the end of each month, I'll make an STF report with all my findings.

You want in on the "RMT Witch Hunt" you can do the same. It might be better if you actually share what info you have with your ls or players on your sever though. The more information you give SE, the easier it is for them to put two and two together and get the RMT players banned.

Now until SE implements an in-game method of submitting to the STF (an idea I've already submitted to them) then this is pretty much the best method to go for giving SE info. While random reports of these people are fine, the typically lack depth and give SE little to go on. Stop imagining every person has a knife ready for your back and really think on what WE as a community can do to help SE, as opposed to bitching and moaning every time they slip up, and giving sarcastic remarks or being "The boy who cried Nerf" at every update/expansion they release.

It's really hard for me to take anyone seriously at all when the first reaction out of 90% of people is to put everything and everything they see down.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrist View Post
                Ok, is anyone else missing the fucking point!?
                This isn't a "Witch hunt" This isn't a method of publically defacing anyone. This is a matter of getting those "would be" reports that never get f'ing reported to SE
                Then report them via the method already created. There already is a way to report suspected RMT and other cheaters. The benefit of this method is it genuinely is private and can not be used any other way.

Whether you intend it to be a witch hunt or not the absolute moment a players name is publicly added to any sort of list as this thats what it will become. Look past the end of your own nose at the players around you. Do you honestly believe they can be expected not to use this to every low purpose they can think of? No amount of SE claiming the player is fine will change that.

the[y] typically lack depth and give SE little to go on
                Actually all SE needs is a name, they don't need a detailed dossier from a player. Investigations are done via the logs the game produces and SE monitoring the player.

It's really hard for me to take anyone seriously at all when the first reaction out of 90% of people is to put everything and everything they see down.
                And that you can't even see that what you've suggested would turn into what you claim it is not is more then enough proof that you haven't thought your cunning plan all the way through. What you intend it to be is irrelevant.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Hyrist: so instead of going to the trouble of going to the official website and filling out a form, I'm supposed to go through the trouble of going to a third party website, making a forum post, having someone else try to talk sense from it, put that in a public report full of people accused of being RMT and then send it to SE, so that THEY can reject it and tell you to use the official function? Right.

There's absolutely nothing to do with this data BUT start a witchhunt. If you want to submit information to SE, you already have that option. If you want to report people yourself, go ahead, but don't try to make it an official method so that legitimate players are harmed by the beach you managed to fit inside your panties.

The best thing you can do if you REALLY want to help is to use the system SE has in place, instead of overloading their resources trying to deal with an incredibly dangerous and inefficient system, or bitching and moaning when they tell you to use the system they already have in place.

SE is doing the best they're willing to do. Your idea would only make things worse, not better.

If you must go through with your idea, anyway, spread your filth elsewhere. We do not need nor particularly want you here.

Comment

It's hard to take you seriously when you take initial reactions so personally that you miss valid criticism.

This is a matter of getting those "would be" reports that never get f'ing reported to SE.

Honestly, how many players stop what they are doing, log out of the game, go into the Service section of POL, and type up a full email, EVERY TIME. They see a problem, they fuck around with the person, and never get around to reporting.

Every time a GM call will be made on a suspected RMT, you will get 9/10 times the same reply: Please use the POL STFU function.

Now think of how many calls on RMT get dropped because of this inconvenience? At this point, especially if multiple calls are getting droped about the same suspect, woulden't it be better just to have a place on the forums where you could compile data to pass it on to the STF?
                    If a player thinks it's too much of an inconvience to use the POL STFU function to report suspected RMTs, they must not care enough about it. And that works for me. Let SE use their resources to deal with a potential RMT that someone actually cares enough about to use the official channels.

SE doesn't need to eliminate 100 of RMT "Hunters". They just need to deal with the ones that are affecting players enough that they are compelled to endure the inconvenience of reporting to the STF through POL.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Any list compilation tailored for use by GMs or the Special Task Force will not get anything done becuase the STFU are just like it looks, a really big STFU! They really dont give a crap.

I've recently tried reporting an AH buy bot 2 times over the span of a couple weeks and pretty much was told by the [GM] after asking a few questions that "look we dont have the time to deal with all these problems, we have a special task force working on this kind of stuff and they will get to it in a timely manner"

You guys want to see what GM/STFU is worth? Go to the Auction House website and look up Mistletoe stacks. Then switch servers and notice how on almost everysingle server there is mule monopolizing the stack buying, buying from 30-40stacks a day regardless what the counter says. These AH buy bots (shift workers?) have been doing this for months 24/7 every single day every minute of the day and will buy any stack that goes in for the price which thier program is set for within seconds.

To the farmers of every server this is a good item to farm given that your good at collecting them (mistletoes).

to all you people that think that compiling lists for the STFU is going to get you anywhere, your just gonna have to learn to live/play along side the rmt game rapers.

about the Special Task Force.. It's neither special, a force, nor on task...
                      Apothecary Owner
                      Mithra
                      BLM 75
                      RDM 75

Comment

Originally posted by NicasinXS View Post
                        Any list compilation tailored for use by GMs or the Special Task Force will not get anything done becuase the STFU are just like it looks, a really big STFU! They really dont give a crap.

I've recently tried reporting an AH buy bot 2 times over the span of a couple weeks and pretty much was told by the [GM] after asking a few questions that "look we dont have the time to deal with all these problems, we have a special task force working on this kind of stuff and they will get to it in a timely manner"

You guys want to see what GM/STFU is worth? Go to the Auction House website and look up Mistletoe stacks. Then switch servers and notice how on almost everysingle server there is mule monopolizing the stack buying, buying from 30-40stacks a day regardless what the counter says. These AH buy bots (shift workers?) have been doing this for months 24/7 every single day every minute of the day and will buy any stack that goes in for the price which thier program is set for within seconds.

To the farmers of every server this is a good item to farm given that your good at collecting them (mistletoes).

to all you people that think that compiling lists for the STFU is going to get you anywhere, your just gonna have to learn to live/play along side the rmt game rapers.

about the Special Task Force.. It's neither special, a force, nor on task...
                        GMS DO NOT HANDLE BOTTERS, RMT OR OTHER THINGS LIKE THAT.

The STFU didn't do anything about your report because YOU NEVER REPORTED IT TO THEM!

I believe that's what Feba was going to point out being wrong to you btw. Though your uneeded flames were certainly fun to watch (b' ')b
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

OK, kids. TIME OUT. I've been trying to clean up this thread for the last five minutes and the posts are flowing in faster than I can delete them.

CLOSED

Icemage
                          FFXI Forum Super Moderator

Comment

Working...
                          X