X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Crazy Idea: The Monthly Player RMT Report

Originally posted by Hyrist View Post
    In this, and in other situations, if the person is really an RMT Hunter, they should be banned. If Not, it would be nice to have a confirmation of such so players can have their misconceptions removed.
    This is already in place. You report someone. If they get banned, they were breaking the ToS. If not, they weren't (at least not in any way SE employees can detect or do anything about).

The only functional difference at all between the current situation and what you propose is inter-player communication. Which doesn't need to involve SE at all. And as someone stated, that's been tried before. It will have the same outcome now: people will post names, other people will talk about those names as well as posting their own, other people will complain about the list's existence, massive arguments will ensue. Eventually, some of those names will be banned (assuming people are reporting them, as they should be now). Some will not.

Anyone who was convinced PlayerX was RMT will take it as validation of their judgment when PlayerX gets banned. They will assume SE is ineffectual or not doing their job when PlayerY does not get banned. Others will take it as proof of an unreasonable witch-hunt.

And that would occur even with explicit statements from SE. PlayerY not getting banned is exactly the same as PlayerY not getting banned and SE saying explicitly "We did not ban PlayerY." The statement isn't going to convince anyone, one way or the other, who couldn't be convinced through simple deduction.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Do you really think SE would ever *actively* single out ANY players in this game as RMT to the general populace? And if it was someone accused, but found innocent...it would still drag that person's name through the mud for every player playing this game to see. And seeing as how reputation means so much in game already, just imagine if SE publicly outted you as having been a potential RMT. Whether they were or not, people WOULD harass and black ball that person.

The STFU already has their ways of determining whether or not someone should be banned, including a way for players to report directly to them names and activity that seems suspicious. And they are damned well using that information, and doing so in a way that everyone can see their results, so it's not like they're not trying.

I see no merit in this idea.
      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Firstly, on topic, if he want to compile a list: Who cares? It won't hurt any of you, so maybe let it go?

-There is a gentleman on Hades in Jueno (Unnamed): Has been running a teleport service for two months! He is on at all hours of the day and WILL ALWAYS be in jueno ready to teleport someone... I've been thinking about reporting him, but I love the convenience!!!

So, I'm duoing in the mines on the east side of the Cronshat Highlands (I'm bad with location names), What starts claiming all the damn quadav? A PT of naked lv 6s with a PL. RMT? Prolly. I would have reported them all if it weren't for the PL giving my dead-ass a raise!
        Current Server: Asura
        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Lol, most great ideas had a lot of people putting them down. I support you!^^

Comment

Evion, thanks for pointing out the giant gaping flaw in this idea, and all ideas like it.

RMT that people like will go unreported.

Legitimate players that people dislike will get reported.

It's playing favorites with the banstick at worst, and wasting SE's time at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jekk View Post
              Lol, most great ideas had a lot of people putting them down.
              The same can be said for most bad ideas.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Jekk View Post
                Lol, most great ideas had a lot of people putting them down. I support you!^^
                But this is far from a great idea because it's nothing more then an attempt to allow players to publiclly black ball other players in an official manner. And to seriously expect SE to state point blank, by name why a specific player who was reported for RMT was not banned, and NOT have the community ralley against this person despite SE saying otherwise is damn near ignorant.

As is, if SE doesn't ban someone you report repeatedly, it means that they can't find a reason to ban them. But that doesn't stop people from continually harassing and reporting that player. To give out publiclly and officially the specific names of accused RMT would only serve to have that player be openly harrassed and attacked in game by the majority of the server. Word of mouth is one thing, but an official compilation of names would give validity to the ones who enjoy their witch hunts.

There IS an avenue where players can directly make their claims and send in their reports directly to the STFU. And if players...such as Evion...already refuse to use those methods, I see no reason to add other methods that would only increase player base hosility towards suspected RMT, whether they are or not.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

well as the way i see this problem... S.E can do all they can...We can do all we can... but RMT will always be there no matter what... cuz there will be some sstupid lazy players that buy it.

So S.E. have ppl that take care of this so let them do his job.

Comment

yeap this was tried already, I remember the guy that tried doing it..... he was even starting to place people that just was in a EXP PT with an RMT, and would harass them to leave the PT and all this other BS, this is again, like others have said, a bad idea

"If you dont leave that PT I will place you on my list of known RMT" was is basic saying to anyone he /ted
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Report to SE, don't start your own goddamn witchhunts because it doesn't help anything and only creates drama.

RMT have become less and less impactful in this game day-by-day for the last two years and there have been plenty of people who made it to the top in honest ways during the worst of it. RMT are running out of places to go and will, in time, fizzle themselves out due to the frustration. Many of them already have.

Comment

RMT only exist in such great numbers in FFXI because money takes effort to earn. Look at other MMOs out there that give cash as quest rewards or have significant coin drops off mobs and you'll see the impact from RMT is negligible.

Comment

Really you need to look at A.H prices and Gil sold online to realize they are dieing off. A couple years back Haubergeon was 15mil. Now its down to 300k. You can also look on RMT websites. 1mil gil is going for 50$. While 2 years ago you could get a mil gil for 5$.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Well I don't support any forms of cheating at all, But with all the drama people have in game having a rmt register would just be a way to drag people you dont like through the mud and give some players a bad name.
                            Also bear in mind you can server jump and change your name, So monitoring people is very difficult. We all know the ones we suspect of rmt and I think you should just tell your friends and Ls then keep it to yourself and try not to get caught up in any of their activities.

I got accused of rmt when I 2boxed with my brothers account I was camping a signa and collecting honey and using my brothers character to empty my inventory without having to leave the area. I've never had much gil to begin with and still have not. So even I myself have felt the accusations and could of easily ended up on this register, Granted my actions looked a bit strange but the accuser was somebody who turned up to find i ws killing the nm they wanted.

Allthough I think it would be nice to name and shame, I personally cant see it working.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                              RMT only exist in such great numbers in FFXI because money takes effort to earn. Look at other MMOs out there that give cash as quest rewards or have significant coin drops off mobs and you'll see the impact from RMT is negligible.
                              In those games, do you also spend a significant amount of game currency on things that don't change in price over time? i.e. by buying things from NPCs, etc?

If SE simply upped the amount of gil rewarded from quests and dropped by mobs, gil would certainly be easier to farm. But this would also lead to inflation, causing items sold between players to increase in price.

I would think that would put us right back to square one, where players view gil as too time consuming to raise.
                              Lyonheart
                              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I reported BBQ to a GM the other day because he was wearing a witch hat. Witch Hat=RMT! Hows that for a witch hunt?
                                Thanks Kazuki.
                                Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Working...
                                X