Pking!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pking!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you get to pk on FFXI? I here you do but I don't know how it works It said something about just challenging ppl and you fite. Im used to runescape (lvl 81 im no newb at online games) Were you have to go into a wilderness area and if you attack someone your skulled and if you have a skull you lose eeeeverything you have, Thats why im quiting. Lost everything... Is it anything like that?

Re: Pking!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. (please use punctuation)

We have ballista, organized matches between countries. Depending on which country you belong two, you can fight one of the opposing countires.

Basically, the objective of ballista is to quarry, or pick up petras. You are then to kill a player of the opposition and afterwards drop the said petras into one of the two rooks(this will get you points for your country). Whichever country gets the most points wins.

As far as pking at will and killing people without notice, this is not welcome in final fantasy 11, and frankly, if this is what you're looking for, I would suggest you turn your attention toward WoW

Originally posted by Axe_Specter
    if you attack someone your skulled and if you have a skull you lose eeeeverything you have
    Does anyone understand what this means?
    Last edited by Mog; 08-15-2006, 03:35 PM.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

There is in a very controlled environment. You can choose to represent your country in a game called Ballista. I've never played it myself, but as I understand players can kill one another, but you don't lose money, experience points or items for doing so.

The game is based on cooperation and team tactics, so PK'ing doesn't enter the picture.

Comment

Yes, there are two games really that are matches. Ballista and Brenner they are each a fight were in order to accomplish the task and get points requires you to defeat an opposing group.

Yeah, otherwise you will hear the term MPK (Monster Player Killing). This is illegal in FFXI and if caught doing intentionally can get you banned from the game. They have put in measures though to make doing this harder.

Then you also got a massive mob slaughter fights too called Besieged. This one is a massive grouping of players in a single zone that defend the Astral Candesance. If it's lost it'll have to be recovered, but it provides bonuses if the players possess it then if the mobs do.
        Last edited by Macht; 08-15-2006, 04:20 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Being 'skulled' is like having your name turn red in Lineage 2, it's a sign of aggression and a notice to others that you'll drop your pieces of, or all of, your equipment if/when you die.

It's ultimately flawed.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack
            Being 'skulled' is like having your name turn red in Lineage 2, it's a sign of aggression and a notice to others that you'll drop your pieces of, or all of, your equipment if/when you die.

It's ultimately flawed.
            Really bad when you get a MMO were they can damage hack it too. Die in one blow and loose some really good items and whatnot...

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Thankies! ^_^ wait.... YOU DON'T LOSE ITEMS!? FFXI is a godsend ^_^ I better get to play it >_< I have the money.
              Last edited by Axe_Specter; 08-15-2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Something tells me you won't enjoy it, but go ahead and give it a try anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Feenicks
                  Something tells me you won't enjoy it, but go ahead and give it a try anyway.
                  If runescape is his only frame of reference, I think he will like it.

/em shudders at the very mention of Runescape
                  My crowning achievement:

who avesta is

Comment

yeah... what a mess runescape is, if i couldnt play the pay to play MMOs i would just get a local D&D group together, i mean, yeah sometimes its all or nothing...

Comment

This isn't the game for you.

Comment

Yea.. I just hope you dont end up on my server

Comment

FFXI is mostly PvE and based on teamwork. Now in the 2 games mentioned above you can kill other players and so far this is the only way. There are rumors of a planned update to the Aht Ungan expansion that an Arena will be opened for one on one duels but this has not hapened yet.
                          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                          (have fun MMO players ^^)
                          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Well, you seem hyper from your text...

I say give this game a try (Only $20 for the DvD collection.). You may like it, just don't expect everything to happen fast.

This game takes time.
                            *Under Construction*

Comment

Originally posted by Zamphire
                              Yea.. I just hope you dont end up on my server
                              Play nice.

People aren't always what they seem. He may be a nice guy
                              ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X