Am I doing something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I doing something wrong?

I am a 40 MNK/20 WAR with the best possible gear I can have for my level(aside from Peacock Charm). For the past few nights I have been flagged(looking for party) in Jueno and occasionally Crawler's Nest for 5+ hours without a single tell or invite. I am on the merge of quitting, I don't feel excited to log on anymore because I know the chances of me getting a party are slim. What should I do?
    FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen
    of the Diabolos server. Current residence:San d'Oria
    40 MNK 22 WAR 15 BLM 13 WHM

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

It just seems like bad luck, maybe the area you're training at doesn't have as many PTs. I know when I first started training by Kazham I had a hard time partying, but then once my level got higher I moved areas and now partying is easy.^^

Comment

all melees have this problem one time or another. really not much you can do about besides:
      1) starting your own parties
      2) writing a decent search comment
      3) asking existing PT leaders if they have a spot opening up

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I'm not really sure what to include in my search comment. Any suggestions?
        FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen

Comment

Well since no one knows your gear you could start there, but I doubt that it will get you invites.

You need to relax. Everyone waits, sometimes some wait longer then others. There are a lot more things then just your gear that effects lfg times and only a very few are in your control.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

But do people really go through search comments? Whenever I was a leader I would invite the job/level if we needed them, not if they had a search comment or not.
            FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen

Comment

Yeah - a lot of people look at comments.

Comment

most good leaders will invite through search comment.

One thing you should definately include is your XP to next level. very, very important.

Other things you could include is if you have the various Telepoint access (40s it's altepa right? I forget) or how much +STR/Attack/Acc you have.

Some people like to put something catchy or funny, but please try not to be tasteless or stupid with the remarks.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

First off, it is VERY helpful to add either your TNL or EXP into level, for example, I'm a 64 BLM:

4,312/24,500 EXP or 20,187 TNL. DO NOT PUT "@ 3876" - People never know if this means your 3876 into your level or 3976 TNL, and I find this INCEDIBLY irksome.Another good idea, is if you don't mind multi-national parties(I don't) is it put {Japanese}/{English} OK on one of these lines, and on another, put +# STR, +# DEX, ect.

You can also make a macro if you don't like typing these over and over -

/sc 1 "Put experience point thingy here"
                  /sc 2 "Put random pimping of character here"
                  /sc 3 "Put language preferences here"
                  /scu expparty 1
                  /inv
                  Originally posted by Ellipses
                  Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                  Originally posted by MCLV
                  A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                  More Sig:

Comment

Well the only thing I can think of putting in my comment is up to date gear and will do JP/NA parties. But I still don't think that would change anything.
                    FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen

Comment

Comments help yes. But you know what im not going to kid you, the 40's were HELL for leveling Dark Knight Just stick with it and if all else fails do some quests or farm for crafting items or gil.

Comment

I tend to put things like areas I can exp in, tnl, subjobs, language preferences (my own being I don't really care), duration you can party for...

For example - if I'm making an unconventional party - and see someone who can sub pretty much anything - and level anywhere... I can broaden the areas to camp in by a lot.

And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod4154
                          But do people really go through search comments? Whenever I was a leader I would invite the job/level if we needed them, not if they had a search comment or not.
                          Maybe you've gotten a reputation as a sub-par leader, then, and it's having an adverse effect on your invite rate. Unless you mean you did read comments when they were there, but didn't require them.

Yes, people worth partying with read, and have, search comments. Include:
                          -Your tnl (@5000)
                          -The subjobs you have leveled
                          -What areas you have access to (likely "Area: Anything" at this point, assuming you've got your Altepa crystal like you should).
                          -Possibly stat/food/gear information if you have room.
                          -Possibly something like "JP/EN PT OK" if it is okay with you.

Auto-translate everything you can in the comments. Also, run the following two commands:
                          /? seacom
                          /? seacomup
                          to learn how to macro search comments so you don't have to rewrite all three lines every time.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                            Maybe you've gotten a reputation as a sub-par leader, then, and it's having an adverse effect on your invite rate. Unless you mean you did read comments when they were there, but didn't require them.

Yes, people worth partying with read, and have, search comments. Include:
                            -Your tnl (@5000)
                            -The subjobs you have leveled
                            -What areas you have access to (likely "Area: Anything" at this point, assuming you've got your Altepa crystal like you should).
                            -Possibly stat/food/gear information if you have room.
                            -Possibly something like "JP/EN PT OK" if it is okay with you.

Auto-translate everything you can in the comments. Also, run the following two commands:
                            /? seacom
                            /? seacomup
                            to learn how to macro search comments so you don't have to rewrite all three lines every time.
                            Altepa crystal?
                            FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen

Comment

For Teleport-Altep.. as Altepa/Quicksands > All for levelling from about 31 to 53.

Comment

Working...
                              X