Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Originally posted by Spinnthrift
    For Teleport-Altep.. as Altepa/Quicksands > All for levelling from about 31 to 53.
    How do i acquire this crystal?
    FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen
    of the Diabolos server. Current residence:San d'Oria
    40 MNK 22 WAR 15 BLM 13 WHM

Comment

Bastok > Zeruhn > Korroloka Tunnel > Eastern Altepa Desert > tele crystal.

Take a friend... or lots of sneak oils. Lots

Comment

the level you're at now is hell for many melees', been there myself, so stick with it,
        as mnk I've gone as much as a week lfp before, but when you hit the 50's if you have the ToAU expansion melee invites get really good, if not for that monks usually have it rough till level 60 when we get howling fist.
        stick with it, its all you can do.

Comment

You shouldn't need more than a stack of Sneak Oils. The only things that'll aggro in Korroloka are Giants (Sight) and Slimes (sound). Altepa's a different story, but the trip to the crystal isn't that long. While you're there, pop by Rabao and buy maps, too.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod4154
            But do people really go through search comments? Whenever I was a leader I would invite the job/level if we needed them, not if they had a search comment or not.
            Yeah, people do go through search comments.

Anyways, it's not a problem per-se that you're having troubling invite-rates. Nearly every DD job will go through that at one point or another. Quite frankly, maybe it's just people have full parties that no one invites you, you never really know. But don't go around /shouting for parties either, that'll diminish your reputation.

Maybe you should level some other job for a while before you level your main again, it can always be fun when done right! ^^

Comment

Oh, and get your Rank as high as you can without having your LS just waltz you through it all.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

I don't think it's your rep that's hurting you. I barely ever party with the same people, and when I do it's when I'm playing lots multiple days in a row.

Invites have always sucked for melee because there's so many, and in the middle is the worst, because not only do you not have your best stuff yet, but there are the fewest people partying (most people are high lvl, and when they're not meritting, they're lvling subs which stop at 37)

Take heed, however, merit parties totally rock for melee and mnk is high on the list of the best DDs in them. That's why I really like the fact that melee burns work so well. It leaves out blm and whm to an extent and smn, but it really makes me happy that all my friends I lvled with that had such a hard time have it so good 70+.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinnthrift
                  For Teleport-Altep.. as Altepa/Quicksands > All for levelling from about 31 to 53.
                  Actually until 60+ as teleport-altep is the way you'll be getting to Kuftal Tunnel (50-55), Cape Teriggan (55-60) and the Valley of Sorrows (60-62).

Here's a map
                  http://www.ffxi-atlas.com/nav/?act=s...pa_desert-east
                  You only need sneak in the areas going from the exit from Korroloka Tunnel to the Crystal and then from the Crystal to the Western Altepa Desert zone line then from there to Rabao, where you can buy a map of the whole area and Korroloka.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I have LFP 3-4 hours straight for a whole week with no invites at all.
                    Pretty normal pace for a Dragoon.

Then again, I like soloing and crafting, so time passes pretty fast.

Search comments are very useful. Especially information on TNL, and whether you're able to get to certain areas, or if you're able to warp back to jeuno quickly (when you're like, farming when LFP).

I personally do not often invite people with no search comments. That player might just be @500 TNL, and decided to leave the party after killing 3 mobs.

Comment

No matter what job you are, you will occasionally spend a long time LFP. Obviously this will happen more often as a melee. You need to find something to do in the game such as crafting, fishing, farming etc. while you LFP.

I'm curious, how did you get the 7+ million gil for your good gear (brown belt, 2x snipers, ochiudo's kote, etc.) and still be bothered by having to spend a few days LFP?

Comment

Yeah Mhurron, if you like Kuftal... personally I prefer U. Range and Wajoam... but each to their own. ^^

Comment

When I was leveling WAR having a good book/anime handy to read or watch was always good.
                          Best advice is to start your own parties and get friends to join if you can.

Comment

My hubby had that same problem at 40MNK. From what I can tell, all melees go through a slow period like that. What my hubby would do is put up his search comment and flag then head out somewhere to farm easy preys. If I remember correctly, that's how he ended up getting halfway through the 40s with only the odd party here and there. It just takes patience and perserverance(sp?) to get through the dry spots.

From what I hear, MNKs are very desired at end game so keep up the good work.

Comment

Hmm. Should I kill EPs in Saromague while I am looking for party? Would people in Jueno that are looking for players be able to see me on find members list?

Last night had another night of 5 hours looking for party with no invites -_-.
                              FF Tribute - Chocobo Mix

Hililen
                              of the Diabolos server. Current residence:San d'Oria
                              40 MNK 22 WAR 15 BLM 13 WHM

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod4154
                                Hmm. Should I kill EPs in Saromague while I am looking for party? Would people in Jueno that are looking for players be able to see me on find members list?

Last night had another night of 5 hours looking for party with no invites -_-.
                                /sea all 38-42 inv

Ta-da! Doesn't matter where you are.

Some party leaders do use the menu exclusively to search for members. But you shouldn't let that stop you from doing something productive.
                                Ellipses on Fenrir
                                . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X