Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

Originally posted by Telal
    The fact that I haven't installed it yet?
    I bet that is annoying.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Telal
      The fact that I haven't installed it yet?
      And look what you have to look forward to when you do.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

but alot of the things you guys mention happen in every MMO.

Look at WoW, and all the Night-Elf Legolas, leeeggolaz, lagolaz etc

or priest telling warriors how to play.

People assuming because you are farming tradeskill mats that you are a "china farmer" (wow's version of gil sellers).. etc

As soon as this house buying venture is complete, I'll have it installed. :D

Comment

Shouts all in japanes characters (or any other language I don't know) that are 6 lines long, spammed every 5 seconds. If it's so dang important to you, try using the Auto Translator so more people can help you.

Because the auto-translator can say ANYTHINGZ... come on, that's silly, there's some things you just can't say through at, no matter what language you speak. Not to mention AT still leaves Spanish/French/German/Italian and others in the dark, if they don't understand their client's version..

Comment

“Shouts that are 6 lines long, spammed every 5 seconds.”

-Fixed.

Comment

I agree with pretty much everything said here so far my other peeves are:

1 People setting up pts then asking me to be leader when there are no other flags up in the area then bitching at me because its taking too long to get started.

2 I have no objection to beinf /checked but when someone does it 15 times in a row? I mean what do you think I have boudht in the last 10 seconds in the middle of nowhere that I have now got eqpt

3 And to that one individual who should be erased fromthe gene pool who called me a gilbuyer for having Boreas Cestus as my wpn. Its rare/ex you idiot

Comment

People that take the game too seriously, and seem to be extremely secluded individuals, pissed off at anyone making the slightest mistake, attempting to take on a "whatever!" attitude, yet craving attention in the little hole they've dug for themselves.

Comment

Party leaders who send me a tnl? / tell while I'm seeking and then never contact me again.

Comment

(Oobermonk) {Attack Bonus} {Boost} <call1>
                    Oobermonk uses Boost.
                    Ooobermonk's attacks are enhanced.
                    (Oobermonk) {Boost} {Ready!} in 10 sec <call7>
                    (Oobermonk) {Boost} {Ready!} <call4>
                    Oobermonk uses Boost.
                    Oobermonk uses Boost.
                    Oobermonk uses Boost.
                    Oobermonk uses Boost.

......must.....control..........fist of.......death.... O.<

Comment

Speaking of auto-translating, people who only auto-translate two words out of an entire shout.

/sh Something something something (Warrior) something something something (Mission)
                      /sh (Excuse me...) yadda yadda yadda

WTF good is that doing anybody?

That and people who type out AT phrases without using the AT.

/sh tele-dem do you have it can i have it please invite me
                      Ellipses on Fenrir
                      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                      . . .

Comment

People who shout for raises in newbie zones (Gustaberg, Ronfaure, Sarutabaruta) for their level 5 BLM. Just respawn, bitches!

Level 1 characters with a powerlevel. Hell, you step outside and kill three bees or rabbits or whatever and ding level 2. You don't need someone hovering over you with a PL unless you are functionally retarded.

People who hold conversations in any zone via the /shout channel. Like, some guy shouts for something, and then someone (or multiple someones) is like "Hey, [guy], what's up? Lolz." and then they proceed to have this whole private conversation that the entire zone can hear. Tells exist for a reason! Or "Hey [Guy] where are you?" as they are trying to get their party together.

People who join the group and then ask where camp is, instead of looking at the map to see where everyone is at. And then continue to ask where camp is over and over again, because the idea that maps exist for this game is somehow foreign to them (and yeah, I know that sometimes folks don't have the map, but they can still tell what freakin' direction we're in).

I'm sure I'll think of more. This is just the result of a few days of low level partying.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                          Just respawn, bitches!
                          This is my new motto. When somebody at work asks me anything at all, I'll reply with this.

"Hey Danny, did you set up that test with TXDoT for those 30"s ?"

"Just respawn, bitch."

"?"

Comment

Mine are these....

1) People who keep telling me my level is too lowe to go there 0r do that.
                            2) People who keep bugging you with invites when you have already declined.
                            3) leaders who agree thats its ok that I malee and then after I join the party tell me I'm the main healer(don't get me wrong I don't mind healing just don't tell me I'll be doing one job then try to pull a switcharoo on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Aelathir
                              People who shout for raises in newbie zones (Gustaberg, Ronfaure, Sarutabaruta) for their level 5 BLM. Just respawn, bitches!
                              Now ... in most circumstances I would agree with you, but there are certain occasions ... like the poor sucker who just remembered the last place he set his home point was the outpost in Altepa.

Comment

I'm more specifically referring to people with no sub who are level 5, and couldn't possibly have their HP set in Altepa.

Comment

Working...
                                X