Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

Originally posted by Taskmage
    It's not the eating meat that's the problem, it's the eating the wrong kind of meat for your level range. Here, read this.
    I've read that. Meat Mithkabobs may not be the ideal food for that level, but they aren't the worst, and they are stackable and cheap, which probably has a lot to do with why people use it so much.

I'm much more bothered by a melee using Sushi as early as Valkurm and Qufim than one who tosses back a Mithkabob.

Personally, I used Jerky until about 20, then I switched to Dhalmel Pie.

Comment

Very simple for me;

1) People going AFK without saying so in the worst possible time. I know some WHMs very guilty of this that I just want to {Choke}.

2) People asking me for money... out of no where. Just... "Give me 20k." Response: "Show me your Thief sub."

3) People who are gulible to rely on third person information rather than first person. I'm not going to get too far into this but the people who just SHOOT down any "suggestion." "Hey it was a suggestion. Don't argue just /nod and /smile."

EDIT (Oh last one... I swear this makes me bonkers.)

4) In Qufim/dunes;

Member A: "My other job is 75 blah/pshaw and my other character on whogivesadamn server is shutyomouth."

Member B: "Well my other job is 75 noone/cares and I just killed soandso. Thus don't tell me how to do my job."

Me: "Damn people, I don't care who you are or what you are. Focus on the task at hand."

**Only for bad parties though, I've had some great parties with some nice mentoring from the Veterans to the new-comers."

Comment

Nothing pisses me off more than 1337 $|*3/-\|<, especially in people's names.

Excessive loling is annoying to.
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Onionsoilder
          Nothing pisses me off more than 1337 $|*3/-\|<, especially in people's names.

Excessive loling is annoying to.
          There is a guy in my LS who starts and ends every sentence (and I use the word sentence very loosely in his case) with a lol.

Comment

I sometimes incorperate the use of lol to ease a tense situation or make a rude comment seem otherwise friendly.

But I agree lol at the end of each sentance is annoying. I mean how often are these people actually laughing out loud?!

^-^

*Edit: By the way Aelathir I love how you have all your jobs to atleast level 10, something most level 75's don't bother with.
            http://www.mixcloud.com/hamza-sibai/

Comment

Originally posted by Inferknite
              I sometimes incorperate the use of lol to ease a tense situation or make a rude comment seem otherwise friendly.

But I agree lol at the end of each sentance is annoying. I mean how often are these people actually laughing out loud?!

^-^

*Edit: By the way Aelathir I love how you have all your jobs to atleast level 10, something most level 75's don't bother with.
              I'm getting them higher! I just haven't updated my sig.

And as I mentioned in another thread, someone who laughs that often in real life would sound kind of crazy or at least slightly unhinged.

Comment

lmao Yeah the people who never stop laughing out loud must draw some crazy looks from the people around them. One would wonder how they managed to type with all the hysterical giggling if it wasn't for teh {fact} thet ther wurdz r all wtf brken.

PS Edit: Btw, Aelathir, it's impressive how fast you earned that Brain of Knowledge title without actually spamming.
                lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

the real-life equivalient would be a smile; its the simplest, most easily recognizable thing you say with body language, and is very often what "lol" actually means.

I don't do it in FFXI so much, dunno why, but I often use g (for "grin") or s (smile). LOL really should be reserved for situations where you really do LOL.

Comment

I usually use ^^ especially tacked on to a sentence that might be taken negatively to help make sure it's not. I wonder sometimes if I use too many emoticons. >_> I wouldn't want to annoy anyone. ._. But at least I mix it up a little. ^^ People who use lol all the time usually develop the impression of being lunatics, or at the least an insincere personality. ^.^; Especially if they're tacking it on the the end of a sentence where I would use ^^ as a softener. -_- Makes it sound like they're laughing at me. ><
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
                      the real-life equivalient would be a smile; its the simplest, most easily recognizable thing you say with body language, and is very often what "lol" actually means.

I don't do it in FFXI so much, dunno why, but I often use g (for "grin") or s (smile). LOL really should be reserved for situations where you really do LOL.
                      I tend to lean towards using a smilie of some sort (:D or ^^ being most common for me), and using haha for the times when I really do laugh at something.

Taskmage: I was surprised too. It's just that I'm online so much of the day and I have a lot to say, I guess.

Comment

People who /sh abuse at each other or just whinges generally in cities. I never see any JP players do it, it makes English speakers look like inconsiderate morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazo
                          People who /sh abuse at each other or just whinges generally in cities. I never see any JP players do it, it makes English speakers look like inconsiderate morons.
                          I tend to ignore that sort of thing, but I totally agree that it is annoying. The other day some guy in South Sandy was shouting "SE SUCKS!" to which I felt obliged to reply "Well, the jokes on you, since they have your money." Which everyone got a kick out of.

But generally, yeah. I try and ignore that sort of thing.

Comment

1. "Craig" rather than "Crag"

2. "Diablos" rather than "Diabolos"

3. {Reward} instead of {Reward:} ({Reward} refers to a beastmaster ability, and does not have the same meaning at all)

4. {May}{bee} (translates to {fifth month} {bumblebee})

5. I see RDM/WARs or WAR/WHMs in parties, or even WHM/WARs and their excuse is "I was soloing"

6. Tanks who have gear that is half their level (happened last night, the NIN tank was level 18 but his gear was the level 8 kenpogi; healing wasn't fun when his shadows dropped)

7. WHMs who use benediction to recover HP after the battle is over, when they could have just as easily curaga'd

8. ppl who i cnt udrstnd cz dey cnt use vwls or pnctuashun (People who I can't understand because they can't use vowels or punctuation)

9. Anyone who uses "lolz" out of joking situations

10. People who don't know what the return key is or what paragraphs are (in forum posts).

11. People who are afk all...the...time

12. People who don't see a problem in saying they are going afk for 20 minutes in a party, and can't figure out why they were kicked and replaced

13. People who...uhh...separate...everything...with periods....but...don't use...any....other...form of...punctuation....to separate...their...um...words...and...uhhh.........paragraphs

14. Complainers (intended irony)

That's it I guess...for now at least.

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
                            Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
                            Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
                            Susan>> Just smaller.
                            [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
                            [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
                            Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
                            [GM]Dave>> ...
                            [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/soc...ish.galka.html

A) People asking for teleports when...

1) I'm crafting and obviously I didn't homepoint here in the crafting city.
                              2) they are oblivious to the fact that I can't get back here when I'm crafting on SMN/WHM.

and before you go and ask, "Why didn't you go /anon?" that brings me to...

B) I hate it when people go anon.

C) Curing a BLU while they are trying to learn a spell, and taking all the hate from them. I can't take the hate back without killing the mob, stop trying to be helpful /blockaid on (Then I get people saying, "Why can't I cure this guy?" "Beats me")

D) Gathering a large # of people together to do PM's and finally it breaks right before we actually do it because people have "other things to do".

I can't think of anything else right now. I guess I'm not that mad.
                              Hacked on 9/9/09
                              FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

1: Cookie Cutters.

2: People who think jobs are gimped.

3: People who won't do anything without the right jobs.

4: Non adventurers.

Comment

Working...
                                X