What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your pet peeve in FFXI?

Serpheroth, Seperoth, Seferoth, Siferoph, Setheroth, Seferoph, Xsepherothx, Xxsephirofxx, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
      Serpheroth, Seperoth, Seferoth, Siferoph, Setheroth, Seferoph, Xsepherothx, Xxsephirofxx, etc.
      5: Those too.

Comment

/check
        /invite

I don't accept invites from people who noticed I existed while randomly checking all the people around me. I don't like to be treated like food at an effing buffet. Using the search function is one of the most basic operations in this game and if somebody can't even use it properly they should seek until they're invited to a party where they can ask how.

Originally posted by Spinnthrift
        4: Non adventurers.
        Slap me with a sneak and invis and I will go anywhere and train a zone when we're done.

Comment

Originally posted by ImpactionActionHero
          Slap me with a sneak and invis and I will go anywhere and train a zone when we're done.
          Go buy some Prism's and Silents like the rest of us.

Comment

Go buy some Prism's and Silents like the rest of us.
            That's actually another one of my pet peeves, party members who don't buy powers and oils when we're venturing through extremely dangerous, possibly Guivre inhabited, areas. What's harder than being a White Mage healing a Paladin tank? Being any job that can cast Sneak and Invisible while travelling through rough neighborhoods. I think it's too much to expect, and just too much pressure on the mages.

I'm always stocked!

Comment

Wow this thread is picking up...
              and to add my most recent encounter;

People who invite you to a party then kick you afterwards without a words notice.

Usually thier delayed excuses range from 'sorry a better job popped up' to 'our dc member log back'<- Todays example.

Not only did I zone, which lost me my xp chain and adventure fellow but I also bought some party food by the time I was swiftly kicked.
              http://www.mixcloud.com/hamza-sibai/

Comment

1: Cookie Cutters.
                Call me an elitist snob, but I simply will not eat the sloppy, misshapen, so-called cookies that are the result of not using a good cookie cutter. If I can't clearly see that it's supposed to be a bunny or a snowman or a Christmas tree, then (No thanks.)
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

Ellipses is on a roll today.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses
                    Call me an elitist snob, but I simply will not eat the sloppy, misshapen, so-called cookies that are the result of not using a good cookie cutter. If I can't clearly see that it's supposed to be a bunny or a snowman or a Christmas tree, then (No thanks.)
                    I'll take the opposite stance and refuse any anthropomorphic edibles. The less like people or animals my desserts look like the better.

Comment

My pet peeve is the kind of party that I haven't been able to escape since I took THF into Yuhtunga. That one special kind of party that takes 2 hours to find an invite, 1 more hour for anyone to find a healer, a PL inexplicably shows up after we get a healer, they insist on going to Yhoator, the DRK keeps DCing, they can't SC properly, the monster is flopping around spazzing out because nobody bothers provoking it, so no SA+WS, and after 15 minutes, and 2 mobs finally killed, they disband.

There goes my whole effing attempt to play for an evening before I have to drag ass off to bed for work.

Comment

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
                        That's a pet-peeve of mine too.

1: Cookie Cutters.

2: People who think jobs are gimped.

3: People who won't do anything without the right jobs.

4: Non adventurers.
                        I agree about cookie cutters.

One other thing I don't like is when someone invites me to join a party and yet there's not enough of other players lfp to invite to make a party either and even makes me leader shortly after.

Comment

Sorry for the off-topic post but,

Aelathir you've inspired me to level some of my lowbie jobs and hope I'll have half the fun you seem to be having
                          http://www.mixcloud.com/hamza-sibai/

Comment

Originally posted by Inferknite
                            Sorry for the off-topic post but,

Aelathir you've inspired me to level some of my lowbie jobs and hope I'll have half the fun you seem to be having
                            Well, I'll admit that it is pretty fun, but it's also an issue of economy. The more time I spend in these low levels (using the same gear over and over in many cases) the more gil I'm stockpiling via farming, crafting and fishing for those later levels when I will need gil to buy better gear.

Also, this way I'll have all of my subs leveled, and multiple options for Promyvions and BCNMs.

Comment

My pet peeve:

A god damned small bladder. I drink a lot of beer, and find myself pissing more than most people. I have to damn near "WC" every 20-30 minutes. It sucks, although same thing can heppen when I drink a lot of water too. I feel bad for the parties I am in when I get going. Sorry guys ><

[75NIN] | [75RNG] | [64NPC]
                              [W10] | [ZM Complete] | [PM Complete] | [TA25]
                              San d' Oria 0 | Bastok 0
                              Current: Apocolypse Nigh

Comment

People that don't beleive things that can be easily proven...

"DUDE WTF IT'S NOT IN DB"
                                "That's because I took it out"
                                "Wtf you can't take sent items out of DB LIAR"
                                "Um, yes you can. Go try it."
                                "Dude stfu I don't need 2 test it i hav 40 lvs of crafting I kno how to use db"

(True story ><)

Comment

Working...
                                X