Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bah! Stupid Update Is Upsetting Pol!

10:00 AM - 11:00 PM and still no improvement.

Comment

i kept canceling the update and restarting it, seemed to help sometimes....then one file took 10 minutes and 20% of the whole update.....drat you 49.DAT lol

Comment

Midnight and it seems to be going good. I got to checking files at least. Of course, I've done this 5 times already today, and I end up haveing to check 12k files because I didnt update after i reinstalled. . . Oh well, I heard that that 49.dat was a bitch on wheels.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

When it actually lets me try and update FFXI, it usually freezes at one file. I left it at one file, came back like 15 mins later and it was still on it, so I cancelled. Sometimes it will go through the preparation, and then disconnect me. I've been able to get it down to somewhere in the 900s of files remaining.

Comment

Hm......it froze at 95%............

Comment

Yeah Shiz, same problem for me and i'm friggin sick of it. If it happens again, I'm not gonna try until 8am.
              The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

argg D: im gonna give up till tomorrow o.O

Comment

Yup, I got through checking all files (took like 30 mins) and POL cut off on me when it came time to send info back to the servers for what i needed to DL. I'm signing off for now. Congrats to all who got it and good luck to those trying XD
                  The Tao of Ren

Comment

Well, it's the next day, and the congestion seems to have decreased a bit. It's still not 100% better, and I'm still getting errors in the middle of the download, but it's not as bad as yesterday.

Comment

Okay, well it's Wednesday, (evening though for me, here) the day after all the update stress.

So...... I 'm just just wondering if everyone has managed to get all their updates finished yet. If so, then "Congratulations" and a big pat on the back!

If there's anyone still trying to update, then DON'T give up, and the very "Best of lucK!"
                      (\ /)
                      ( . .)
                      C('')('')

Comment

It seemed to get a lot better around 3am cst. I finally started to d/l last night when I got in around 2 and it was saying 2 hours, then 3 hours, then 5 hours. I figured I'd just have to let it run all night again and hope it didnt cut me off halfway through. Went out watched tv, came back and it finished in less than an hour and a half. Like I said, somewhere around 3 it picked up a lot and went much faster. Dont know if anyone is still having problems, if so GL.
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Working...
                        X