Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bah! Stupid Update Is Upsetting Pol!

Finally able to download version up files. I think that the initial wave of the Japanese download has finally subsided. I'm at 57% now. Please don't die on me. I've had error message at 95% in the past.
    RDM 75, BLM 73, WHM 42, SMN 41, RNG 40, NIN 37, DRK 37, THF 25, WAR 20

Comment

POL's totally not connecting. The weird thing is that I have 3 FFXI installed on PC/laptop/PS2 and right now, I can still load the update for POL on ones I haven't done. But after the update it's not connecting anymore. Gotta be something wrong with POL.
      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Same problems for me here, everytime the download actualyl starts, I get disconnected after a short while! It doesnt help that I get impatient very easily either! At least I know there are other people in the same boat, not that that that helps anybody much!

Comment

the same thing was happening to me , i just kept tryin for about an hour and now my download is going, for some reason hitting retry kept givin me the error , but when i hit back and then play again it started right up /shrug probly just too many ppl tryin at once to download 2 + hours tho so i will have to find something to do again lol

Comment

I didn't have any problems with the update and I successfully logged on with no hitches. If you're having trouble, I'd suggest waiting a few more hours, by then the traffic should die down, and it should be healthier than sitting at your computer torturing yourself over it.
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

i was on Tetra Master then my internet went off so i reconnected tried pol and got same error i might wait til tomorrow to try
              43 Rdm / 31 War / 25 Pld / 22 Thf / 22 Blm / 18 Smn
              All my lvled jobs not alot but atleast i can lvl rdm fast

Comment

Originally posted by Jei
                POL's totally not connecting. The weird thing is that I have 3 FFXI installed on PC/laptop/PS2 and right now, I can still load the update for POL on ones I haven't done. But after the update it's not connecting anymore. Gotta be something wrong with POL.
                I have multiple computers and PS2's to update. Some are getting through to POL and some are not. It's just the luck of the draw. I have 2 d/l'ing the FFXI patch right now. A couple can't get into POL and the others are in but I can't connect to d/l the big patch. So different lvls of frustration over here. I kind of wish I would have done this one at a time.
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

wow. just wow. i tried again like a half hour later and d/l the POL update in seconds. i try getting back on pol after it restarted and i got the infamous POL-1160. that's just plain mean
                  Ryuujin - Hume (account hacked thus deleted)
                  l RDM-29 l WAR-16 l MNK-2 l BLM-2 l SAM-31 l BST-2 l RNG-1 l WHM-2 l THF-1 l SMN-7 l

------------------------------------------------

Ryuujin - Elvann (deleted)
                  l WAR-30 l THF-15 l WHM-1 l RDM-1 l BLM-1 l MNK-1 l SAM-36 l BST-1 l RNG-1 l NIN-1 l DRK-1 l PLD-1 l

------------------------------------------------

Ryuujiin
                  lWAR-18 l THF-1 l WHM-8 l RDM-1 l BLM-5 l MNK-9 l

Comment

Finally this thing is working -.-

. : : Black Mage 75 : : .
                    . : : Monk 60 : : .
                    . : : Dark Knight 75 : : .

Comment

I first tried at 11am this morning, its now 8pm and it still wont work, for me the update was meant to be over at 7am! >.<
                      This is incredibly annoying, damn you error POL-1160!!!

Comment

I've gotten through and havn't had any interuptions yet, but I've gone from 3 hours remaining to 5 to now 7 and a half. I can't even imagine how long this would take if I were on a dial-up.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
                        Personality Tests

Comment

I kept getting disconnected during the downloading process hours later iam stable hopefully this will keep stable until its completly done been trying for so long now /sigh
                          RDM 50/SAM 38/WAR 24/BLM 27/WHM 30/SMN 50/DRG 23/NIN 20/MNK14/PLD14/BRD12
                          Shiva,Ifrit,Ramuh,Leviathan,Garuda,Titan Obtained.

Comment

8 and a half and rising. >.> They must be removing patches insted of adding them. /sigh

*EDIT* 9 hours now. I'm debating whether or not I should cancel it and try again, but them I'm scared I won't even get back into POL.
                            Last edited by Yossar; 07-19-2005, 11:27 AM.

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
                            Personality Tests

Comment

Im at 21% with 3hrs 20 mins to go and rising.... also im on a 64k ISDN line which probably doesnt help the situation, but hey, at least its downloading now instead of giving errors, right?

Comment

i got in it went from 4 hours left to a nice 2 hours then from their slowly increased time need O.o

Comment

Working...
                                X