• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Trademark Registered

hey - my post - woot!

Comment

Sounds like Southern lands(which seem to be indian based)

Comment

Ah, that makes sense, Pai. Never thought of it from that specific angle. I'm just peeved that as someone who's given life and sould to SE since 97 (Yes, FF7 was first for me, i'm not some elitist who thinks he's better just cause they played the older versions first. ) And over the past 8 years, the only time they let me down this bad was FF8 and FFX-2. Otherwise, considering the scope and production values of each of their games, and the fact that each of their main titles become stellar hits, I suppose I can wait a few more months for FF12. KH2, is a different story. They need to release that when Dreamcast 2, erm, Xbox360 launches.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Don't worry, I'm also bummed about FFXII's delays, but I'm eagerly awaiting it as I think it could be the best thing since VII. I was especially shocked to learn that the North American release of FFXII will lag behind even the US launch of the Playstation 3. But oh well, at least I'll be playing FFXII on the PS3 in High Definition.
          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
          Currently Playing:
          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Last edited by Lone Dragon; 07-18-2005, 07:27 PM.
            Rude, but not wrong. ;x
            Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
            'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
            'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
            Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
            Private First Class
            Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
            Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
            "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

interesting point... but why?

Comment

I'm thinking I may buy an Xbox 360 for this... so they can quit complaining about me hogging the PC... (I recently sold my PS2 with the HDD, because i thought i wouldn't play FFXI anymore... how wrong i was ~.~ Would be nice if i was picked for Xbox360 FFXI beta like i was for PS2... would be nice to get another free copy of the game too >.>

Come to think of it.. if i didn't get picked for beta long long ago.. i probably wouldn't have tried FFXI and be playing today...
                (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                sigpic

Comment

the ppl at epic registered like unreal tournament 2005-2010 and we still only have 2004, companies proabably do that to cover themselves if they think they like an idea, but probably don't later. isn't that just normal? i do hope this is a new expansion, if the story is half as good as CoP is, i'll make a squishy in my seraweels. FFXI

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
                  Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
                  Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

Hmm could be an expansion name, I guess. It doesn't sound particularly inspired though... "Treasures" is such a dull word for an MMORPG. I'll try and find out if a similar trademark has been registered in Japan.
                    RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

just a note..
                      you're acting like this name is that of a city or continent..
                      but what, if like the Zilart it's a people...or creature..or temple...

Comment

The name is predominantly Mithra, as can be descerned through the various styles of race nomenclature. Evlaan names sound French, even though San d'Oria is Italian for Saint of Prayers. TaruTaru names are... cute... Males have two parts, females one. Mithra names have a first and last name, and are usually creative. Galka names are similar to stereotypical native American names (Dry Bone comes to mind), and Humes have seemingly normal names.

Could be a temple, but at any rate a new expansion is always welcomed.

Comment

Actually, traditional Galkan names (their 'birth' names) are more tied to whatever language they may have had, I can't really equate it to anything.
                          A Galka 'Hume names' is usually comprised of an adjective and a noun and is conceived in an attempt to describe the person’s personality.
                          Galka are given these names because their actual names are too hard for their Hume Employers or Co-Workers to pronounce.
                          If you'll notice, most Galka in the Bastok Mines area go by their birth names.
                          This is somewhat in rebellion against the Hume controlled nation, saying they will not be 'tamed' as they believe so many of the other Galka have.

Aht Urhgan sounds and is spelled like a Mithran name, but there are some differences in the length & sound that make it unique, at the very least.
                          One may argue that it might not be Mithra, but it doesn’t sound like any other race that the narrative has shown us so far.
                          I am sure it is the name of a person & not a place or thing; for the most part, Mithra only give places one name (Yuhtunga, Yhoator, Elshimo, Attohwa, Tsahya), the exception being the large rock in Attohwa Chasm known on the area’s map as ‘Parradamo Tor.’

That hill is probably the best argument for Aht Urhgan being a place or object, but I still stick by my male Mithran pirate theory.
                          If this is a new expansion, then what better way to get us to travel the world than to follow the trail of a pirate who has more than likely crossed it one thousand times over?
                          Rude, but not wrong. ;x
                          Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
                          'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
                          'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
                          Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
                          Private First Class
                          Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
                          Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
                          "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master
                            Don't worry, I'm also bummed about FFXII's delays, but I'm eagerly awaiting it as I think it could be the best thing since VII. I was especially shocked to learn that the North American release of FFXII will lag behind even the US launch of the Playstation 3. But oh well, at least I'll be playing FFXII on the PS3 in High Definition.
                            Unless they changed development specs Pai your going to be disappointed, XII is developed for PS2 so HD wont matter until XIII which is developed soly for Ps3
                            AscendantSky -- as.hadesffxi.com
                            Genkei 5 Completed
                            Moghouse 3 Completed
                            Gobbie Bag 6 Completed
                            7 Avatars Obtained

Current Title: Tiamat Trouncer!

If you dont like my attitude hit the _X_ in the corner.

If you see it written above KNOW that it is law!

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Comment

Square also trademarked "Scars of War" which might be the name of the expansion.

Anything and Everything...It's Got To Be Fluff!!!

Blog of A Monk with no Goals or Ambitions...

Liruc (Main) MNK/WAR | Jizzum WHM (Mule/Plaything)

Comment

Scars of War sounds more like FFXI given its background story.

Title: Sergeant Major
                                SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
                                Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
                                Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
                                Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Working...
                                X