• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trademark Registered

taken from alla--

SE registered a new trademark:

Treasures of Aht Urhgan

Could it possibly be the name of the new expansion?

To check it yourself (link expires) go to:

USPTO Trademark Search Page: http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...ate=7beqbj.1.1

And choose:
    (Basic) -> Search term: "square enix" -> Field: Owner name

just thought let everyone on these forums know~
    Welcome to Bakanarok!

BRD 75, RDM 69, SMN 61, WHM 38, BLM 37, DRK 37

Re: New Trademark Registered

Aht Urhgan? wierd. doesn't sound very "asian" so i don't think it'll deal with Tenzen's home...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Most likley, new expansion name :D

Comment

It's possible that it doesn't have anything to do with ffxi at all. With a name like that, I think it's a different rpg.

Title: Sergeant Major
        SAM75, RNG75, PUP75, PLD60, My NPC65
        Bastok Rank 10, San d'Oria Rank 10, Windurst Rank 10
        Missions: Completed/Zilart Completed/CoP Completed/ToAU: Playing the Part-Sergeant Major
        Midgardsormr|Cactuar (MNK51)

Comment

Well they did announce that they are working on a new RPG for the PS3....sooooo could this be the title??
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

SquareEnix also have a habit of registering names and never using them. Lets see what they announce when it's time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafeen
              SquareEnix also have a habit of registering names and never using them. Lets see what they announce when it's time.
              Yeah, didn't they register "Chrono Break" at one time?

TheCraft - Crafting Linkshell
              Personality Tests

Comment

First they registered "Chrono Brake," cancelled that a few years later, then registered "Chrono Break." Or it might have been the other way around...

But yeah, that's the extent of the production of the latest in the Chrono series.
                PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                Currently Playing:
                FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

nah they registered "Chrono Brake" in Japan and "Chrono Break" in the US but then later on cancelled the US Name so theres only "Chrono Brake" remaining..in Japan
                  CHECK MY JOURNAL!

Comment

The only way one could think that could be the name of the next expansion is the "___ of ___" format. Of course like everyone else has said, it could be anything and it would be best to wait until the Xbox360 system is launched to make such presumptions, as that is the time I would expect we'd start hearing about the 3rd Final Fantasy XI expansion.
                    Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

It could be anything. Who knows, maybe it's another goddamn FFVII spinoff.

Comment

XD "another goddamn FF7 Spinoff"

Yeah, I mean, hell, the game is the reason I've been playing RPGs for the last 8 or so years. We've all wanted a sequel but never got one. So NOW, they decide that they're gonna give us like, 10? In one year?

Dont pay any attention to their trademark. I mean, I'm glad that you sought to keep us posted, its cool that this may lead to something, but as of late, dont pay 2nickles worth of jack-shit to what SE says anymore. I mean, didnt they say, not too long ago, that they are cycling development teams so that we can have one FF a year? Didnt they bullshit us long enough on Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy 12?

Yeah, [No Thanks], SE. Unless I can get something from them that is on the shelves, I cant take their words at face value. FF7 Advent children was supposed to come out last summer was it not? KH2 Last October? FFXII? Ok, we all knew that wasnt coming out for another console generation
                        The Tao of Ren
                        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                        Originally posted by Kaeko
                        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Pai actually it is possible the next expansion is to be launched with the Xbox 360. Keep in mind the new expansion started development side by side with COP. Development has continued for the past year that COP has been on the shelves. I would assume that it is highly likley this is the new expansion name as the same speculation we have now we had when the COP name was discovered.
                          AscendantSky -- as.hadesffxi.com
                          Genkei 5 Completed
                          Moghouse 3 Completed
                          Gobbie Bag 6 Completed
                          7 Avatars Obtained

Current Title: Tiamat Trouncer!

If you dont like my attitude hit the _X_ in the corner.

If you see it written above KNOW that it is law!

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Comment

Some people on Allahk believe the name to be of a Mithran Pirate, and I'd have to agree. Consider a few things.
                            The Sound of the name leads me to believe it's Mithran, at the very least.
                            Out of all the nations outside of Vana'diel, one to the Far South, Tsahya, was the only one to be named. This next expansion could mean what I've been hoping for since the release of COP: The opening of the Far Lands.
                            '-Treasures- of Aht Urhgan' suggests that who or whatever Aht Urhgan is, it holds something of value, hoarding it like a pirate, maybe.
                            The lands to the Far South are known to be the Mithran Homeland, and since they are known to be island nations, pirates are probably not uncommon. ‘Mithran Pirate’ is already a familiar phrase.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, Aht Urhgan sounds.........masculine to me.
                            If it is a Mithra Pirate, living or dead, I believe him to be Male.
                            Rude, but not wrong. ;x
                            Rank 10 Bastok, Rank 10 San d'Oria, Rank 10 Windurst
                            'Rize of the Zilart' Missions: Completed
                            'Chains of Promathia' Missions: Completed
                            Treasures of Aht Urhgan Missions: #8
                            Private First Class
                            Purple: O | Brown: O | Black X ;-;
                            Mee Deggi the Punisher: 1/1 (no help, no TH)
                            "I Kill For Fun, Meng!!" - Tony

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K
                              XD "another goddamn FF7 Spinoff"

Yeah, I mean, hell, the game is the reason I've been playing RPGs for the last 8 or so years. We've all wanted a sequel but never got one. So NOW, they decide that they're gonna give us like, 10? In one year?

Dont pay any attention to their trademark. I mean, I'm glad that you sought to keep us posted, its cool that this may lead to something, but as of late, dont pay 2nickles worth of jack-shit to what SE says anymore. I mean, didnt they say, not too long ago, that they are cycling development teams so that we can have one FF a year? Didnt they bullshit us long enough on Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Fantasy 12?

Yeah, [No Thanks], SE. Unless I can get something from them that is on the shelves, I cant take their words at face value. FF7 Advent children was supposed to come out last summer was it not? KH2 Last October? FFXII? Ok, we all knew that wasnt coming out for another console generation
                              Square Enix is made up of over 8 different development teams, and they do work on different Final Fantasy titles at the same time. That doesn't mean they're guaranteed to come out within a year of eachother. If you don't recall, Squaresoft revealed Final Fantasy IX, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XI all in the same day, because they had 3 different development teams working on each title. I would suspect that they currently have multiple development teams working on multiple titles right now. There are multiple teams working on the various Compilation of Final Fantasy VII titles, there's one working on Final Fantasy XII, one working on Final Fantasy XIII, and even Final Fantasy XIV could be in pre-production or even development at this point in time. Final Fantasy aside, Square Enix is also developing Kingdom Hearts 2 and probably has a team working on Kingdom Hearts 3, as well as teams working on titles in the Dragon Quest series, their biggest franchise. Yes, Square Enix has never delayed a title more than it has with Final Fantasy XII, but that should show how much better it will be, seeing as how the E3 2004 version received major acclaim. And in response to Advent Children, the title has been delayed so much because it's developed so much. Advent Children was originally announced to be released so long ago because it was originally going to be a 20 minute short with only 2 characters. Then it was announced to be a 60 minute film, and now it's a full-length feature running at 90 minutes. I'm eagerly awaiting its release this September.

I agree that the 3rd expansion will most likely be released alongside the Xbox360 version of the game, but I don't expect to start hearing details about it until the Xbox360 console is launched because beta testing for Final Fantasy XI for Xbox360 isn't scheduled to begin until the end of the year. With the previous release characteristics of previous expansions, Square Enix will probably announce the title in November/December and launch it in March/April of 2006.
                              Rockman - Fairy

Currently Playing:

Comment

Working...
                              X