Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this really be the class updates for CoP? (need translation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I don't think Bahamut is an Avatar, looks more like a boss/character related to the storyline.
    Happy happy gogo Mana is full of

    http://www.dawnlinkshell.com

    Comment


    • #77
      The ability to change weapons without losing TP would be a little too awesome...
      I don't think there is any way to exploit this, unless you're thinking of something I'm not...

      If there was some way other jobs could exploit it, just make it a level 50 Warrior Job Trait so that way no other jobs could sub it^^
      Bigokk
      - 62 WAR - 36 PAL - 36 NIN - 30 DRK - 30 MNK - 25 WHM - 22 RNG - 20 SAM - 20 THF -
      Rank 6-1, Windurst
      Genkai 4 completed
      Attack Gear
      Tank Gear

      Calling some one a "waste of oxygen": 8 warning points.

      Comment


      • #78
        Well, it would be nice to build TP with a 1h sword + shield but then switch to a GS to take part in a damaging SC that would give the PLD more emnity.,

        Comment


        • #79
          ok I finally got confirmation.

          The list is in fact fake :mad:

          oh well, Im sure the stuff we do get in CoP will be just as interesting.
          Yarr - Level 75 White Mage
          Ifrit Server
          Cobra Kai Dojo Linkshell Leader
          www.cobrakaidojo.net

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Yarr
            ok I finally got confirmation.

            The list is in fact fake :mad:

            oh well, Im sure the stuff we do get in CoP will be just as interesting.
            Not all THAT surprised it was... Although how/where did you get confirmation that it was?

            Comment


            • #81
              Comeon SE i know you can add Bows/Quivers for rangers

              Comment


              • #82
                woah...that riverne-site #A01 looks awesome. crazyness...that ground is lifting up all over the place?! wtf...lol are we going to be able to jump finally or what? how are we supposed to travel in that place

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by LawDawg
                  PLDs have 2 new abilities:

                  #1 A huge defensive boost with a huge loss of evasion (pretty good!, i hope HUGE defensive boost is really huge... not just like 25%... but like 100% increase).

                  #2 The job-trait that allows the user to switch weapons and NOT lose TP. This is an incredible ability. Earth Staff -> Sword anyone? GG, I can not tell you how awesome this ability is! WOWOWOWOWOW

                  And the Thief's abilities! yeah, thieves will be the most wanted job soon...
                  Haven't gotten all the way through this thread yet, so perhaps this was already said, but the translator says the job is "Fighter" which I can only assume means Warrior, which is what it was called in the orignal FF, (Fighter, Blackbelt [MNK], Thief, RDM, WHM, BLM) Anyway, I think a poster assumed that they were PLD abilities because of the nature of them. In all probability, they are new Warrior abilities.

                  Edit: List is a fake? Screw it then.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Norelco
                    Well, it would be nice to build TP with a 1h sword + shield but then switch to a GS to take part in a damaging SC that would give the PLD more emnity.,
                    Are you kidding? dual or single wield daggers and build that tp up in moments
                    that's the one thing i so wish wasn't fake..
                    Retired, and glad. FFXI can burn in hell!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      HOLY ZOMBIE JESUS!
                      Jonnyram just threw a 2 ton egg with those screenies, aaaah i wanna play again!
                      BLM 75 WHM 60
                      DestinySeekers http://ffxi.destinyseekers.net/
                      Multiplicity - Dynamis - http://singularity-ls.com/_multiplicity/index.shtml
                      Fishing:21
                      Cooking:55.1
                      Smithing:28.6
                      Rank : 7
                      Nation : Windurst

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by FreakinRican

                        Dont miss this awesome new area too.
                        http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/pro...d/riverne.html
                        o.O aslfhklkashfHGAHAHANICE! Looks reminiscint of floating continent(FF6). This expansion looks awesome. Even though the list is fake just thinking about the kinds of things that will be added are getting me excited. Those JP players sure do know how to make up some intresting abilities, though.
                        Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

                        THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Bahamut, Ruler of the Skys. Airship Armada

                          ..anyone else having FF9 flashbacks? XD

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            SE's just gotta add abilities akin to these to every job. The fact there's no new jobs means they really should do something to all the jobs now to really spice it up. Goddamnit...I wanted Smoke Screen and that evasion boost JA.

                            Some of you guys were saying though, that the tp switch thing for Warriors would be too overpowered. But I don't think so myself. IF this list were true, an ability like that would be perfect for the Warrior's style. If it were made a job trait at level 45, or preferably, 50, it would be good because it wouldn't be subbable, something only Warriors can use.

                            Warriors are the jack of all trades melee class, they don't excel in speed or hit count like Monks and Ninja's, but they can do it. They arn't the insane single hit damager's like Drk or Rng, but they can deal great blows. They can't skip around Renkei's like Samurai and can't trick as well as Thf's or Drk's, but they can do a bit of both.

                            One of the things thats so prolific about Warriors is they're wide range of weapon proficiency, aside from the Axes. Any War will tell you that its not uncommon for people taking the job seriously (As in, not just for subbing) to level many weapons at once for maximum flexibility. If Warriors could switch weapons on the dot without wasting tp, that would make them truly the masters of generalized combat, they way they should be. Warriors are all about flexibility and that would fit they're style perfectly if it was just for them, and no one else. And it wouldn't make the others obsolete. Even with something like that they arn't Monks, or Dark Knights, or full blown Blink tankers, or full blown Paladins, or Ranger's. All those jobs are all master's of they're respective Niche, but Warrior's Niche is its great inbetween the cracks style. Switching like that would carve them even more of they're own niche than now. They don't excel in anything, but they're strength would lie in how they can mix everything. True "balanced guy" gameplay. It'd be awsome. Come on, you'd be like the games Edge Master. XD Not a specialist, but a generalist.

                            Damnit, why can't these be real...lol For idea's ,these were all really good. I'm pretty impressed at how different yet at the same time, realistic they all are. I think personally Dragoon's should be able to use more pet commands with they're Wyvern though myself, and add more abilities for it later. I think that'd add a new level of gameplay for them.

                            Well...look on the bright side guys, there is Tenzen..with his Sheath. It IS there, hopefully it won't be just a cosmetic NPC only thing, and means something new for Samurai. Iiado draw style techniques that cause a varity of effects would own so bloody much, and match Samurai's style perfectly. Physical but indirect damage dealer. Much like a technique based dueler. XD

                            And yeah Raiyu. Its good to see you too. I was away for quite a bit wasn't I..?

                            I guess I kind of got side tracked by a lot of things. I may start playing again as a regular for CoP pretty soon, but it won't be as much as before now.


                            ^. You have now seen everything..

                            Name: Kiyotaru.
                            Ethinticity: Windurstian.
                            Home: Norg
                            Main job: Ninja/Warrior (Current level's 50-60)
                            Server:Ragnarok.

                            Linkshells: Come and go.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Check out the FFXI homepage for a cool video of Bahamut in the CoP Expansion. This is the last confirmation needed to prove that yes, Bahamut is INDEED real, and will be in the game.

                              Insofar as the abilities list, I agree. That NEED to add new abilities. While that may not be the correct list, or even a remotely true one...it can give us a taste of is possibly to come.


                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Well I am back looking at this thread... which seems to grow like wildfire. Man, I wish Windurstians like EFs this much back in Midgard.

                                Anyway, seconds after I posted that post I earlier posted... umm, wait give me a sec that just took a lot strength to say. I look on the JPN forums to see a link to SE's homepage... and yah.

                                (is making scramble eggs) Hey, why waste it .

                                EDIT: Oh yah, and the reason I thought it was fake because i thought it originated from that page. >.>; someone could have told me that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X