My First Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First Steps

Since you're in Sandy consider taking up fishing. Fishing for Moat Carp in Knightwell is a very good way of making money early on in the game especially if you're a mage. Those scrolls quickly get expensive unless they can be farmed by a higher levelled friend.

Looking at the screenshots you seem to be a RDM. For RDM Swords are the best thing to go for though Daggers are highly useful once you can use En-Spells. Swords should be your primary weapon for soloing while wands (and later staves) are better for partying. People can get a VERY stuck up about RDMs meleeing in a party so make sure it's okay with the rest of the party first before you start bashing away at the mob.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by assumedvigilance View Post
      you'd think SE would have at least hinted at where to get it in the main cities... but not a word to be found anywhere.
      Yeah, thank god for the ffxiclopedia because most of the quests in the game are not at all obvious. Although, I can see why SE did it that way...it forces players to talk to each other and be more community oriented. In my time playing WoW (I only made it 6 months), I don't think I talked to a single person I didn't already know lol ^^
      I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
      -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
      http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

Make sure you do the starting NPC quests. They are good for a bit of money, a bit of this and that and are designed to help you get several levels under your belt.

Good Luck with RDM - learn to earn gil quickly, you'll need it.
        sigpic

(\ /)
        ( . . )
        C(")(")
        ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Working...
        X