My First Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Steps

Ok here are some pics I took with fraps from the game today I just wanted to show you how well they turned out!!

Healing some random guy ^

Using my Weapon Skill on some poor Rarab!

I just like the lighting in this photo!

What server I am in!

Just got outside to battle!

Me in Battle
    Last edited by Mystiqsoulchild; 11-01-2008, 10:41 AM.
    Proud-Member-Of-Stonewall

Re: My First Steps

In low levels, you want to get yourself a sword, though don't neglect your Dagger. It's just that, Wasp Sting really really really sucks. You'll have normal attacks hit for more damage.

Anyways, /welcome, and /salute to the fellow San d'Orian!
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Ahh the days of being a newbie...
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
        In low levels, you want to get yourself a sword, though don't neglect your Dagger. It's just that, Wasp Sting really really really sucks. You'll have normal attacks hit for more damage.

Agreed, and I think it's up to like level 33 when you get Viper Bite with the dagger that it's finally worth using a dagger. until then I just used a sword, but kept my dagger skilled so that it wasn't so bad to level it later.

Comment

Actually, Gust Slash isn't bad at all for a low-level weaponskill. It's just, aside from inexplicably being able to use it from a much greater distance than normal (about Ranged Attack distance), it's pretty much matched by Burning Blade (and, thus, bested by Red Lotus Blade). Daggers aren't completely without use until 33, however: at 20 you get Platoon Dagger, which is really fun to Enspell DC-or-so Elementals with.
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Agreed, and I think it's up to like level 33 when you get Viper Bite with the dagger that it's finally worth using a dagger. until then I just used a sword, but kept my dagger skilled so that it wasn't so bad to level it later.
            If she hasn't bought any weapons that's an Onion Dagger, which means she started as RDM, not THF. Viper Bite won't do her any good.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              If she hasn't bought any weapons that's an Onion Dagger, which means she started as RDM, not THF. Viper Bite won't do her any good.
              you're right, I forgot that rdm starts with a dagger. for some reason it just looked like the onion knife to me, wasn't paying as much attention

Comment

lol I am a guy and yeah its a Onion dagger xD, but yeah thank yall for the advice, I will keep that in mind about the daggers and swords.

Comment

Sword is best for RDM, I woul;d advise you to get a stack (12) rabbit skins or hare meat and sell it on the AH to get some cash to buy some armour. At lvl 7 you can buy leather armour, sand has an armourer in Southern Sandoria you can buy leathers from, but check the price there first then what the AH one is and get the cheapest. Do a few quests as well to boost your finance, look at the FFXI wiki and see what quests you can do theres a few to get you some cash Search for "The Brugaire Consortium" quest from port sandoria, you jsut deliver a few packages to people in sandoria and the reqard is a lauan sheild which will increase your defense a point and also gives you a sheild skill to work on as RDM's use shields as well as warriors, paladins & Drks.

Also please check out my Tutorial NPC thread, you get bonus items, gill and experience points if you complete each quest. See it here

Comment

Great screenshots! It's nice to see you enjoying the game. I'm not on Sylph, so I can't really help you out, but if you have questions about RDM, well, there's a ton of us on this forum.
                    sigpic
                    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mystiqsoulchild View Post
                      lol I am a guy
                      Off course, almost every person playing a female character on a MMO is a man, according to [GM]Dave.
                      I hope you're enjoying it.
                      Can't wait to find my game in the mail.
                      Hobbes - Galka Red Mage 9|Warrior 7|Black Mage 5|Thief 5|White Mage 5|Monk 4 (Phoenix)

If you're on Phoenix and still haven't done the Gustaberg Tour, for Pete's Sake, send me a PM/Tell/e-mail

----Reading----
                      Mage: the Awakening
                      ----Playing----

[video game] Final Fantasy XI (WIN)
                      [rpg] World of Darkness: Second Sight
                      ----Listening----
                      Coldplay - X&Y | Foo Figthers - The Colour and the Shape

Comment

Hey thanks for the headsup on the shield quest lol, I also heard there was a quest to get a level 9 Sword called "Spatha." I am currently doing the NPC tutorial at the moment, right now I just gotta go to La Thenie Platue and kill a monster. I am only at level 4 atm, because I haven't had much time to play today..but I am going to play some tonight
                        Can't wait to find my game in the mail.
                        LOL yeah especially us Mithra!!
                        Last edited by Mystiqsoulchild; 11-01-2008, 05:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Welcome to the game, I hope you're enjoying it! ^^

You know, call me a big dork or whatever, but running around and hearing the music in Ronnfaure brings back so many memories...I play with the sound off nowadays (got windows media player in the background 99% of the time I play), but for giggles I turned it back up the other day when I was running around. Totally makes me think of back when I was just starting out, running around as MNK, having no clue wtf I was doing. I really wish they would have had those tutorial quests back in the day cause I was lost lol... ^^
                          I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
                          -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
                          http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

we were all lost back in the day... i remember trying to figure out how to get the subjob to work and failing. i ended up asking this random mithra how it works and was told, "Hmmm. i think you should head over to Valkurm Dunes at lvl 12 and join a party. yeah, it's totally insane there! dead bodies everywhere... go check it out." then she left... lol i was like wtf? what a weirdo... so after a day of still not figuring it out i decided to try the dunes... it was insane. but i met a guy who said he needed some items for the subjob quest, so i asked him and finally got an explaination. you'd think SE would have at least hinted at where to get it in the main cities... but not a word to be found anywhere. trust me i talked to every npc in basty about 10 times. so anyway yes those starter quests were a great addition. i just started a new character and tried them out. i can see where they would be a great help to new players.
                            Death and taxes...
                            Death and taxes...
                            DEATH and taxes...
                            I think I like it.

Comment

I went a good two weeks on my original character (a hume RDM) before discovering macros >_>

God I miss my newbie days. Vana'diel seemed so much bigger and exciting back then

Of course it doesn't help that the cities are empty and their economies have tanked since ToAU came out
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X