Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faluzure's Hi-Res Shots (NOT BANDWIDTH FRIENDLY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fal... you look sexeh in that Igqira Weskit... Oo

Comment

• haven't posted in a while, but excellent pictures as always Fal. Like Kyrial, I would love to see your next set of Promathia pics.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

• Fal, got a question for you: Did you ever try to beat Maat as a RDM? Because I have a friend RDM that's also an Elvaan, and she got beat down by Maat like 9 times... she gave up on it, can't stand to get beat again.

Comment

• Goodness me... All these responses in just a few days. T_T For those of you wondering why there hasn't been any pictures, it was because I took a vacation day on Monday (to have a really long weekend). Lots of stuffs happened this weekend and I took some pictures for you guys. They are uploading as I speak. I guess I'll start replying now.

Ivadell wrote:
          hello Fal, and Happy Halloween. Quick question for you. On all your HNM killing experience, have you ever had many WAR join you. If so what would be there purpose. Reason i'm asking is becasue i'm just really starting to question being a WAR. It's fun and all but I just don't see my purpose for the "real" fun. Thanks in advance.

To Ivadell: I have had only two times with WAR with me during HNM battles. One was with Kirin and the other was with Aspidochelone. One member in my LS owns two characters. One is a level 75 WAR and the other is a level 75 RDM. He brought the WAR with him one time because we were low on support melee people. I don't know if you read my responses before, but I think all support melee class get overshadowed by DRK and SAM in terms of HNMs. I personally like WAR (Rampage and Mistral Axe is so cool) but unless you have your Weapons maxed out, it may be hard securing a spot in HNMs if others already exist (espec. SAM & DRK).

crayon1 wrote:
          What gear for your blm do you wish you could have?
          i.e. if you could have any gear you wanted what would it be and what would you keep the same?

To crayon1: Right now I'm saving up for dual Snow Rings. The Igqira Weskit made me broke so I've been slowly saving up since then. I have enough right now to buy 1 Snow Ring (600K), but there hasn't been any on sale for days (0 Orichalcum Ore/Ingots). No Orichalcum Rings = no Snow Rings. *sigh*

As end-game BLM, I think it is safe to say that I would like everything "purchaseable" to be HQ. I could have easily accomplished this had I not taken my RDM to 75 also. Nevertheless, because I'm splitting my income on 2 level 75 jobs (soon to be 3 75 jobs), I have a hard time securing cash for anything HQ. I remember once a friend examined me when I hit 75 on my BLM and said "You don't have any HQ?" I took it as kind of an insult. I was recruited into my HNM LS for help with HNMs, especially those that drop Rare/EX items. Since we hold (help hold) 2 of the 3 King HNMs, we are in it for the abjurations especially. We don't go for HNMs for money, so most of the cash I make is on my own dabbling here and there on my mid-50s goldsmithing skill. Considering I'm the only foreigner in the LS, everyone else has their crafts up really high, so money can come freely to them. There are times when cash things drop, it is split between us. However, the general rule is anything that doesn't sell for more than 1.2 million is a free lot within members. Yes you heard me... So unless I lot good vs the rest of the members there, I rarely see any money.

Well with that said, I think everything on my BLM is pretty much great. If you look at my profile on Allakhazam (in my sig), I have most of the things BLMs would choose if they were in my situation. I'm just lacking on dual Snow Rings (I have Diamond) and HQ Elemenntal Staves. I can definitely use the HQ Elemental Staves because my SMN would benefit from it also, but the price is really high. The NQs are a dime-a-dozen now. I still have a tear in my eye when I bought the Ice Staff for 690K when they were considered "elite-only".

RyuujinXD wrote:
          hey faluzure were u faluzure from WC3 East coast server? back in RoC days

To RyuujinXD: Yes sir, that was me. I log into War3 every now and then to make sure my account isn't deleted. Everytime I log in, I see a gajillion failed login attempts, so that makes me smirk that people are still trying to steal my account name. However from what I heard on the War3 community, it is pretty much dead (due to recent changes in AMM, patch changes, as well as the advent of World of Warcraft). Only the elite play but even then, most of them retired and moved on.

I still get referred to as a "Legend" of Warcraft 3, but I still think I don't deserve that title. A lot of people looked up to me unlike the other Human players because I wasn't cocky, or at least I tried not to be. I helped out who I could and what not (sound familiar?) They said I was too modest. *shrugs*. I sometimes wish I could go back and play but I think it is too late for that now. None of my old friends play anymore and because I was so "known" in the game, people would expect so much from me. I'd rather people remember me how I used to play instead of a returning "old-schooler". Getting my ass wiped by some "new-school" expert is something I'd rather not experience.

Vilurum wrote:
          Fal, I think Blood Red Poet was referring to "the boy" in the picture in his sig. Cyborg eye's kinda hard to forget. Or he could be referring to the Enigmatic Youth ("???" in game so far), but I guess he'll need to clarify himself which one he means. I don't think Enigmatic Youth is the same person, unless it's some sort of "part of the individual in an alternate reality" a la Dynamis plot.

By the way, was that a typo in your mission list, or were two successive missions really both called Comedy of Errors?

As for someone loving you (though the cute blue frowny face totally takes away from any seriousness of the complaint), well ... two sides to every coin. There's been some nasty drama (which I know you hate), in the name of "love", just on our server. I'm sure I don't need to give you examples.

If something genuine happens, it happens. If it doesn't happen, think of all the time you *don't* have to spend thinking of flattering comments. :angel:

You could always try meeting someone in RL and getting them addicted to FFXI too. :spin:

Google search: Faluzure Warcraft

To Vilurum: Oh I see. From how I read, I thought he meant from my screenshots. I don't know, I won't delve into any theories and I'll uncover it as I progress in game.

As for the mission list, yes they were called Comedy of Errors with two totally different descriptions. I think S-E translators should've named them "Comedy Errors Part 1 & 2", but I don't work for S-E. *shrugs*

As for someone loving me in game, I was semi-serious. I know a lot of people are my friends and we talk often, but yeah.. the love-drama in particular scares me. I've seen so much love-drama on our server it makes Hallmark & Jerry Springer puke. Plus the idea of caring someone over a long distance doesn't help much. I will admit that it has happened in my career of FFXI. I did get really close to someone but they hurt me pretty bad. So.. I don't think much about online relationships anymore. Even still, I am indeed single and because of work, real life, and FFXI, I rarely have time to go out. If I do, it is just for errands, movies, dining, etc. I see these online "couples" sit together and although it makes me laugh at them, there's a small part of me on the inside that thinks "man..that's nice". I think as human beings, we just want to be cared about. Even if that relationship between those two FFXI players doesn't last, at least they got to experience the feeling of closeness. There's a reason this saying lingers: "It is better to have loved & lost than to never have loved at all."

As for real life girls, yes that is an option. I remember the last time I went to a dance club, there were so many beautiful girls there. I even danced with a very hot blonde girl that attends the local university. If the opportunity arises, I will not hesitate to take advantage of it but girls at clubs are not the kind of girls I want to pick up. I know exactly the type of girl I want, but I'll not get into it here. I know for a fact once I quit FFXI, I will never go to any MMORPG again for a long time. FFXI, despite the amount of time it eats, it is fun. I enjoy what I do and have accomplished. I also know that the minute I do meet someone special, FFXI is getting tossed on the back burner or trash can. As for getting them addicted to FFXI too, that is a big NO. Games are supposed to be a way to relax and very few take it to the levels of extreme competition. FFXI (MMORPGs in general) are different. They are addicting. I know that personally I can break away from FFXI if I wanted. However, the magnetic pull MMORPGs have on others may be too strong for their will power alone. I guess I'm just saying that if I get a girl and I get her hooked, there is a possibility I won't be able to get her back.

As for Warcraft, yes... you now see it.
          Character: Faluzure
          Server: Quetzalcoatl
          Jobs: BLM75/RDM75/SMN75/WHM75
          Linkshell:
          Black Mage Profile
          Red Mage Profile
          Summoner Profile

Comment

• Kyrial wrote:
            I'm not just saying that. :p I'd be willing to bet plenty of people love ya, you're just too humble to admit it. Besides, I'm sure you hate the drama that comes along with it, like Vilirum said.

But anyway.... I want more Promathia pics!!

To Kyrial: Thanks Kyrial. I don't doubt that I have good friends on FFXI, but I also will not doubt that the minute I quit, people won't notice either. A small % of the people you meet online rarely do ever become a real friend. People online become as disposable as pocket tissues. That's the sad truth. I blame it on the vastness of North America. It is quite hard to "meet" people & hang out when they live hundreds of miles away. As for Promathia, I'm putting it on hold by request of a few people. I'm putting a little more variety back in my thread.

Samar wrote:
            /em smashes his keyboad to tiny pieces ><

I hate how small the FFXI screen shot folder is, i really do. I was gonna post a pic of a trip my static and i went on, where we got the Sea Horror down to 1/3rdish (mebbe half) life, before it got tired of out little game and promptly killed the NIN >.< (I honestly didnt know it could move that fast, with the NIN down, SMN followed the suit in under a second, and it followed me around the ship as i tried to find a place to hide =P) I'd taken to many scenery shots though, and hadnt started Fraps, meh.

Anyways, the Sea Horror is....nothing compared to the other HNM's ive seen in yer thread, and since ive seen all those, now i wanna kill em keep posting eh? ^_^

To Samar: The POL snapshots stink. I remember at one time that it wouldn't take any more pictures either, that's why I purchased Fraps. I like Fraps very much.

The Sea Horror is a beast. I haven't seen him in many many months, but I last remembered pulling him when I was a level 60 BLM (thinking he was a sea monk). I promptly got my ass beat. Don't be too mad though, the cool thing about MMORPGs is the memories you create while going on adventures. As for the pictures, don't worry.. I'll keep this thread alive as long as I can.

Nixles wrote:
            Fal... you look sexeh in that Igqira Weskit... Oo

Fal, got a question for you: Did you ever try to beat Maat as a RDM? Because I have a friend RDM that's also an Elvaan, and she got beat down by Maat like 9 times... she gave up on it, can't stand to get beat again.

To Nixie: Nixie~~~ Thank you dear!

As for Maat, no I haven't beat him as RDM. My first job was BLM and that was cake. I went in without researching it. The first time was just for a test and the 2nd time was a close call. I have seen it done by Elvaan RDMs though and I agree it is tough. Does the RDM you know have all the proper gear? The cool thing about RDM is that it doesn't cost much (compared to melees who have to stock up on potions). The equipment she buys is equipment she'll likely keep. Plus she can solo for the testimonies instead of having to rely on others like other jobs/people do. Oh and um.. 9 times isn't bad. I know someone on our server who tried about 13 times. So tell her she's not doing as bad as other people are. Keep her head up and tell her to research different strategies. There are especially good ones on the Red Mage job forum.

neighbortaru wrote:
            haven't posted in a while, but excellent pictures as always Fal. Like Kyrial, I would love to see your next set of Promathia pics

To neighbortaru: Thank you! Be patient for the Promathia pictures. They'll come along soon enough. I gotta prep up these next pictures.
            Linkshell:
            Black Mage Profile
            Red Mage Profile
            Summoner Profile

Comment

• Wow! Them's some good pics! ^^ keep it up~

Comment

• Originally posted by Faluzure
                [As for Maat, no I haven't beat him as RDM. My first job was BLM and that was cake. I went in without researching it. The first time was just for a test and the 2nd time was a close call. I have seen it done by Elvaan RDMs though and I agree it is tough. Does the RDM you know have all the proper gear? The cool thing about RDM is that it doesn't cost much (compared to melees who have to stock up on potions). The equipment she buys is equipment she'll likely keep. Plus she can solo for the testimonies instead of having to rely on others like other jobs/people do. Oh and um.. 9 times isn't bad. I know someone on our server who tried about 13 times. So tell her she's not doing as bad as other people are. Keep her head up and tell her to research different strategies. There are especially good ones on the Red Mage job forum.
                Well, I think she had like 90 INT tops, and sleep NEVER stuck on Maat...

As for her soloing pots... suffice to say she died to them... Don't know how, but she said once they put Magic Sheild up, her enfeebles and sleep didn't work.

Think she's pretty much gave up on it... Wich makes me sad, because I liked to play with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nixles

As for her soloing pots... suffice to say she died to them... Don't know how, but she said once they put Magic Sheild up, her enfeebles and sleep didn't work.

Think she's pretty much gave up on it... Wich makes me sad, because I liked to play with her.
                  Odd, it should stick with that much INT, is her enfeebling capped? and is she only wearing +INT gear? She needs +MND to help with her enfeebling too. A trick that worked for me was to rush Maat.

When I did it I ran out to where Maat was, casted stoneskin and blink on myself, then used Sleep II on him. I made sure I was close to him to see what he would cast on himself to see if I would have to dispel him at all.

After I casted Sleep 2 on him I used chainspell and started throwing Aero 3's on him, I got off 3 then recasted stoneskin, slept him again, converted then started to throw Aero 3 on him again, landed 2 more then used a Vile elixir +1 then threw my last Aero 3 on him and I won.

One thing that helped was that I had my enfeebling and elemental skill capped, which I think is key to that fight. Also have her get an enfeebling torque, that might help land Sleep better, although it's not entirely necesarry (I didn't have one when I did it).

I think speed is important for fighting Maat as a RDM, when I won I did it in 1 minute 34 seconds, but the key is to do all that while having your 2 hour up.

Hope that helps , oh! and I beat him on my seventh try.
                  Titles obtained: Aspidochelone sinker, Fafnir Slayer, Niddhog Slayer, Behemoth Dethroner, Kirin Captivator.
                  Titles left to obtain: None.

Comment

• Nixie wrote:

To Nixie: Hmm.. I don't think INT matters much. I mean yes, it directly correlates with damage, but unless she was super rich, there's not a lot of INT difference on available items at level 70. I personally know Elvaan RDMs that beat Maat and they didn't have enough money for HQ either, so INT isn't the culprit here. The culprit is probably her magic skills. Make *sure sure sure* her elemental & enfeebling magic skills are capped at level 70. I cannot stress this enough. Likely the reason her spells weren't doing max damage is her lack of Elemental Magic Skill. I know a Hume RDM that is a good friend of mine, he spent 2 weeks on capping his Elemental Magic skill by soloing various mobs when he was trying to fight Maat. He told me his Elemental Magic Skill was 70 points under what it should be and his spells weren't even scratching Maat. He went back after capping it (same gear) and smoked Maat. I know it isn't all about stats, because the Maat fight does involve luck. If she is capped on her stats, then tell her to keep trying because if she's 100% sure her equip/stats are the best it can be, then all it boils down to is luck.

However, there are small tricks you can do to help your fight. If Sleep didn't stick on Maat, tell her to make equip-changing macros along with spells. For example, a Mythic Wand is a good choice to help your spells stick and it is really cheap. So when she tries to Sleep Maat, swap to the Mythic Wand. I know it is a hassle, but there is so much gear that RDM can swap to increase the success of their spells. If she wants to further turn the tides for her battle, try going on Darksday. Yes you lose the capability of doing more damage with Aero, but Sleep has a better chance of sticking. After all, it is the most important spell.

Furthermore, the pots are easy depending on where you fight. When the pots use magic shield, she should keep trying to dispel everything. Magic Shield is a bitch but again, she can swap equipment in order to get her spells to stick (especially dispel). I know a lot of Red Mages that are "too lazy" or "too cheap" to have multiple equipment for multiple macros. These gear really do help out. Tell her not to give up, as I'm rooting for her because I know she can do this.
                    Linkshell:
                    Black Mage Profile
                    Red Mage Profile
                    Summoner Profile

Comment

• I can sympathize with the 690K Ice Staff. Bought a 400K Light Staff and a 350K Earth Staff in my 50's. I recently bought the HQs ... for the same price. (Technically somewhat less because I got the sub-100K price of the NQ back from reselling.) It was ... a little painful. In fact, I think the only expensive(ish) item I own, which *hasn't* significantly devalued, is my level 50 JSE ring ... which oddly enough has tripled in value since when I bought it.

On the subject of love ... yes, I do believe that a real life relationship (a substantial relationship mind you, not a superficial one) is totally worth tossing FFXI over. I guess I also agree that it may be a bad idea to get someone addicted ... but who's to say they're not already a player and you can just play FFXI side-by-side in a testament to romance *and* video games. :spin:

Purely online relationship, I can also agree on. I've made my share of attempts at these as well. While I can see that it's enough for some, it's more of an aggravating "see what you can almost but never quite have unless one of you goes and uproots themselves" thing in my mind.

And, of course, the eternal dilemma of "how do you meet someone?" Singles gatherings (and online personals) tend to reek of desperation, clubs and bars are for shallow meaningless contact (read: one-night stands), and just accidentally meeting and developing a relationship is something that happens in romance novels and chick flicks and not (very often) in real life.

Being me, as you know by now I never have any good suggestions but I do understand the perspective.
                      Averter of the Apocalypse~
                      Unique quests complete: 330-something, keep losing count.
                      Mission plot lines complete: Windurst, Bastok, San d'Oria, Zilart, Promathia.
                      Maps not yet obtained: Promyvion-Dem, Promyvion-Mea, Promyvion-Holla, Promyvion-Vahzl, Sacrarium.

Comment

• You cannot rely on sleep sticking on Maat as a RDM to win the fight, id say it sticks a little less then 50%, personally I just cast Stoneskin and Blink on myself Diagad maat activated chainspell and started Aero3, drinking one VE+1 before he gaveup.

It took me 9 trys before I gave up on trying to sleep maat.

Ending the fight before chainspell left me.

CoP/Zilart/San/Win Finished, Bastok 1-1

Comment

• Vilurum wrote:
                          And, of course, the eternal dilemma of "how do you meet someone?" Singles gatherings (and online personals) tend to reek of desperation, clubs and bars are for shallow meaningless contact (read: one-night stands), and just accidentally meeting and developing a relationship is something that happens in romance novels and chick flicks and not (very often) in real life.

Being me, as you know by now I never have any good suggestions but I do understand the perspective.

To Vilurum: Oh... I tend to stay away from all online forms of meeting females. It is just not my thing. For me to do such a thing, I would have to be *really really* desperate or the girl I talk to must click with me. I know this is the 21st century and such and things are changing, but I was raised by baby-boomer parents. I still have those ideals, yet I'm more lax than they are. I guess I'm just paranoid. But no more about that, I won't discuss it any further, as this has strayed from the topic of this thread. If you or anyone wishes to have a relationship thread elsewhere, I will participate there.

Latest Update: Well... I guess the weekend has indeed been too long. I had a nice 4 day weekend and I seemed to have forgotten where I left off. As for the Promathia missions, sorry to Kyrie and CRtwenty. I thought I finished up Chapter 3, but I just checked and I have 3-4 & 3-5 to go! No wonder you guys were anxious for the pictures. I'll get them up soon. As for what happened this weekend, not a whole lot. I celebrated my birthday with my friends on Saturday. Sunday was a boring day, Monday was XP day, and Tuesday (along with Election Day) was HNM day. So as I prep up these pictures, here are 3 that I took of some character models. The first is a comparision of Hume females wearing AF1 & AF2 body. Kind of cool. The 2nd & 3rd pictures are those of my LSMate, who is the first on our server to own the Barone Corazza! (Molybdenum is EXPENSIVE) Enjoy for now:

Small Note: The reason the pictures begin to get smaller in resolution was because I prepped up my computer for the Kirin run our LS had on Tuesday. I just never changed it back. So my apologies. I don't know, which is better? The old resolution or the new one? I edited some graphical options with the smaller resolution.

Linkshell:
                          Black Mage Profile
                          Red Mage Profile
                          Summoner Profile

Comment

• Random Screenshots
                            Just an excerpt of what happened this weekend. The first shot is an XP PT I put together on Monday around noon. I was kind of worried because I have not put together an XP PT since April (when I retired BLM). As Red Mage I always was in demand, so the invites just came to me. Now that I'm SMN, the invites are very scarce. I've waited hours with no invite. I finally got tired of waiting, so I put one together myself (somewhat worried if my PT would be as successful as the past when I was BLM). I saw about 30 people seeking and picked the jobs I thought would work best with SMN. After a few tells to some JP players we ended up with pictures of us leveling in Ru'Aun Gardens netting 17100 XP in about 3.5 hours. Yay me! (Sorry for the shameless plug).

The 2nd set is more Fafnir pictures. I arrived at location to bring some items to my LS after the fight.

The 3rd set is another attempt of my LS vs Vivian. I swear... she is so greedy. :mad:

Again, I apologize for the low resolution screenshots. I did it in prep for Kirin.

Linkshell:
                            Black Mage Profile
                            Red Mage Profile
                            Summoner Profile

Comment

• Dynamis Jeuno
                              Hot damn, our Dynamis LS is rolling through these with victories. This new group is awesome (recognize any names?). We beat Jeuno last night. Only 3 AF dropped (2 Ranger and 1 Warrior), but that's ok. Our goal is to clear them all so we can go to the other Dynamis areas. We did have a few wipeouts thanks to the Goblin Necromancers and a bad pull, but at least we won. Dynamis Windurst, here we come!

Rank: 10 (Windurst) - Zilart & Promathia Completed
                              Linkshell:
                              Black Mage Profile
                              Red Mage Profile
                              Summoner Profile

Comment

• Could u post the stats of that new armor?

Comment

Working...
                                X