Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faluzure's Hi-Res Shots (NOT BANDWIDTH FRIENDLY)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faluzure
    PS, does it really take that long to read through this thread? I heard many newcomers say it takes several hours... If so, I feel sorry for those who haven't kept up!
    Pretty much, from noon til 5, and I must say, I enjoyed every moment of it. I started from a few pages that I've seen before, but I never checked many links to photo album books, so I had to catch up on them. I also skipped the story spoilers pics since I plan to see everything in the game, but may go back to view them just to get me even more pyched to reach 75!

PS-Oh yeah, it might have taken mt that long due to me looking over my shoulder from boss intrusions! LOL!
    Verigo (Unicorn)

rdm 75 nin 75

"The secret to immortality is to live a life worth remembering."

Comment

• PRE KIRIN LOVIN!!!!
      Ok. Trying to get this thread back on track since it strayed from SS to more of a conversation thread. This time around, I'm sure you saw my teaser a few pages back. For those of you that don't know, this is what I posted (Kirin says this to you when you spawn him):

Now since the actual # of pictures totals over a hundred, I'm going to have to separate these posts into more sizeable chunks. I gotten a few complaints of how my actual thread crashed a couple people's browsers because I'd post like, 50+ pics on one page. So... I'm going to post these separate chunks. First the pre-fight (just a few pics). Second (actual fight) will be uploaded in multiple replies. The final will be post battle pics. This will be done over a period of a couple days (so people can comment or what not and to spread out the # of pics per page). Without further ado, here we go.

In the pics, you'll see people standing around. Our LS was handing out new LS pearls so everyone could communicate (much like Dynamis). I had to turn a bunch of chat filters off because there was just TOO much text scrolling by. You'll see in the next post how I died. Kirin hit me with a Quake (but I didn't know he casted on me because of the filter!) All I know is I saw the effect of Quake and I was dead. Haha!

Oh.. I guess I should explain the pre-battle. I dont know of the *exact* number of people, but it seems there was our LS who wanted to fight Kirin once and another LS who wanted to do it. We invited tons of guests too. So total, at least around 50 or so people were fighting him. I mean, we could've done it with our LS alone (which is around 24 people, almost like Nerv's Kirin battle) but we wanted it to go faster (after all, we had to do it twice). Cheers to Nerv for posting the first pics. I would've posted them earlier, but I had a buffer to fill. Also, cheers to Nerv for pulling it off with the amount of people he did.

Note the # of black mages in the last pic. :spin: There was a lot more than that too! Black Mages make this battle a super breeze.

More to come!

Character: Faluzure
      Server: Quetzalcoatl
      Jobs: BLM75/RDM75/SMN75/WHM75
      Linkshell:
      Black Mage Profile
      Red Mage Profile
      Summoner Profile

Comment

• Dam nice pic's. Gotta love the last one with the line of taru. Can't wait to see the battle's themself. Nice job.
        Retired... 30 War, 33 Nin, 25 thf, 20 rng, 10 whm, 10 blm, 5 rdm, 27 sam.

Yes, I had a lot of times on my hands.. not anymore

Comment

• all those lil taru BLM's.... made me spit on the screen in surprise
          BLM 75 WHM 60
          DestinySeekers http://ffxi.destinyseekers.net/
          Multiplicity - Dynamis - http://singularity-ls.com/_multiplicity/index.shtml
          Fishing:21
          Cooking:55.1
          Smithing:28.6
          Nation : Windurst

Comment

• haha, even a shot of me picking on your rank :p

Comment

• KIRIN LOVIN #1!!!!!
              Hehe. Lucky for you guys, my PT ended an hour earlier than I expected. So, instead of jumping to bed, I decided to just get one of the posts of Kirin out of the way. So, the battle I present to you is the 2nd battle. The 1st battle was just crazy. I was new and I didn't know what to expect at all so I rarely pressed the screenshot key. The 2nd battle however, I was much more aware of what to expect, so I was comfortable with pressing the screenshot key 41 times throughout the battle. :spin: I'll post the other battle a little later. It has interesting screenshots as well.

Kirin is *the strongest* mob you'll fight in FFXI right now. I'm actually anxious to see what they'll do in the new expansion to top Kirin. The rumors of Kirin summoning the four other Gods is true, but nobody could really explain anything else. How it works is this... Kirin beats you up until you get his health down. At specific intervals of his health bar, he'll summon a God to help him fight. The god he summons is the exact same when you trade the seals. I'm assuming Kirin's main job is Summoner. He'll do this until all four gods are defeated. Then as a last desperation, he'll use Astral Flow & summon a random avatar. After that, there's nothing else up his sleeve. Oh, be sure to check out Kirin's ability to cast 2 locked spells in the game, Stone V & Stonega IV. If anything, I think the expansion will unlock the rest of the elemental series of spells for special bosses. I don't really care if the players get them, because I like where I am. However it would be neat to see other "god-like" mobs use them.

The loot on the 2nd kill wasn't super great but I can't complain (getting the title 'Kirin Captivator' was worth this trip alone :spin: ). What I've experienced here is what many NA players won't do for a LONG time. Of course, this was one of the main reasons why I created this thread, to share my experiences with everyone who's interested. I know a lot of you NA players may quit for whatever reason (whether its World of Warcraft, real life issues, losing interest, etc.), so I hope you've enjoyed what I've brought to you thus far.

If you have any questions on this battle, feel free to post in this thread. Please keep it on topic, this thread has already gone through several pages of off-topic threads (of course some of them were my fault).

A final note. This is not a knock to the NAs, because I think over time, they can become just as good. These 2 Kirin battles were the most spectacular display of teamwork I have ever seen... Everything was just so coordinated. It went so smoothly, like a baby's butt! Handling 50+ members is without any messups is a great feat in itself. I'm just very grateful that I'm a member of one of the most known JP Linkshells on my server and known in the JP community as well as being able to experience this awesome battle.

Anyway, here you go!!

Linkshell:
              Black Mage Profile
              Red Mage Profile
              Summoner Profile

Comment

• Nice battle there.

I wish to live forever.
                So far so good.

Comment

• Holy-crap!!!
                  Those shots are SWEET!!!!

Too bad I'm going to be on the PS2 (it's in the mail!)
                  ...I wonder if the quality will be the same.... ... ...meh :confused:

Keep 'em comin!!!!!
                  The hunter of two hares
                  Loses both
                  Like a seat between two chairs.

Comment

• Nice Shots Fal, but what is a "Dryadic" Abjuration?

Comment

• *clapclapclap* One day...^^
                      BRD75/WHM75/BLM75/RDM75/SMN70/NIN67/MNK33/WAR33/THF15/etc
                      Race: Elvaan. I just like to play with race changer. :3
                      Zilart, CoP completed
                      Vrtra downed.

San d'Oria Rank 10 & Windurst Rank 10
                      FFXI journal

Comment

• Incredible...simply incredible! Halfway speechless, halfway fiening to be apart of that battle...! Congrats on the victory and the title!

Oh yeah, Stone IV for 1700+ is insane!
                        Verigo (Unicorn)

rdm 75 nin 75

"The secret to immortality is to live a life worth remembering."

Comment

• abjurations repair the cursed armors. Dryadic uncurses the Shura set, monk/sam/nin.

That one is for the Shura Togi, hp-50, accuracy+10, attack+20
                          http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.j...abjuration.htm

Fal, I remember you said a kirin pole dropped one of the times, I can't remember if the armor did? A screenshot of someone using either of those would be cool, though for some reason I suspect the pole is just a boring wooden stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by halfway
                            abjurations repair the cursed armors. Dryadic uncurses the Shura set, monk/sam/nin.

That one is for the Shura Togi, hp-50, accuracy+10, attack+20
                            http://mysterytour.web.infoseek.co.j...abjuration.htm

Fal, I remember you said a kirin pole dropped one of the times, I can't remember if the armor did? A screenshot of someone using either of those would be cool, though for some reason I suspect the pole is just a boring wooden stick.
                            Thx for replying to him half. I didn't get to check the thread until now.

The Kirin pole did drop, but that was in the 1st battle. I wasn't in the Kirin alliance, so I didn't get to see who got it. I assume it was a blackmage though. I don't know what it looks like You're probably right, just a boring wooden stick. The Rune Staff looks neat though.
                            Linkshell:
                            Black Mage Profile
                            Red Mage Profile
                            Summoner Profile

Comment

• IMPRESSIVE pics Falu Thx so much for posting this pics They get my morale Upp for play this game too lvl 75 and longer....:angel:

Comment

• GameOver recently killed Kirin as well and one of their members submitted a pic of Kirin's Pole.

You can find the pic here.

And yes, it is just a boring wooden stick. :sweat:
                                Rhayn ~ Windurst Rank 8
                                PLD75 WAR37 THF37 NIN22
                                Profile: Paladin (EXP) ~ Paladin (HNM) ~ Thief
                                LS: Unleashed

Comment

Working...
                                X