This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [GM]Dave (Humor)

so tempting to add fule to the fire by commenting... i love people who are idiots... and fostering the belief that this BLOG is real amuses me...

Comment

Now it's starting to sound like a Santa Claus discussion.

"He's not real, but if he is real, it's awesome. But if he's not real, it's still awesome.

But he's not real.

I think."
      Last edited by Taodyn; 04-13-2006, 01:58 PM. Reason: hukt un fonix wurkt fur mee

Comment

what does this read?
        ! |>|-|34|2 j00|2 \/\/|247|-|, [6/\/\]|)4\/3
        There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
        but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
        transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

"I fear your wrath, [GM]Dave." Took me several minutes to decypher as well.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

<.< I finally couldn't resist commenting.

Comment

ZOMG THIS ISH REAL?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry, the stupidity got to me... funny stuff though.

Comment

Don't you think that was laying it on pretty thick?

Comment

Bah, people will believe what they want to hear. Some will want to see screenshots still, but those that already believe well... there you have it.

What would be -REALLY- funny is to get one of the windower programmers in on the joke and see if they could give the author some extra color control and text control etc. to stage some /actual/ in game shots to take.

Then people can try and disprove it all they want... the screenshots -would- be real XD

EDIT: it occurs to me that faking actual screenshots may or may not actually be possible already... IDK what all Lunar can do, but i know it is fairly flexable. Anyone know if it'd be possible?

Comment

we have to start uploading taskmage's sig to several websites and put the word dave in the file names now.
                    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

What would be really sweet is a screen dead in front of Fafnir with a log full of /tells and raises.

Double Post Edited:
                      The chat log can be faked easily. It was more work than I expected, but mine is all but perfect and it probably took me less than ten minutes.
                      Last edited by Taskmage; 04-13-2006, 02:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

But that's because you're the "Task" mage... you handle tasks like no other ^v^

Comment

The task mage came into being from the simple fact that, while in theory anyone can learn to cast a spell, not many do, and very, very few do spellcraft well at all. In this wizards are similar to musicians. The truly great bards and troubadours can rhyme on the spot, create new melodies, master any instrument, and do so with grace and élan. Most of the rest of the population aren't real singers, or composers, or players, and can't be bothered anyway. Then there are those who know one or two good songs, can carry a tune, and entertain with those songs and nothing more.

Those last, in magical terms, are task mages. They know a few spells very, very well but have lacked either the desire or ability to press on to discover the nature of magic itself. It is all just a cute parlor game for many of them, or a quick way to raise some coin. So they sell their ability to cast spells to the highest bidder.

Task mages, then and now, are universally regarded with suspicion. Full mages resent their willingness to cheapen their craft by accepting money, as well as by the fact that the task mages are doing nothing original. Local leaders think of the task mages as untrustworthy magical mercenaries, willing to switch sides for a higher bid. The common people find them only as useful as the spells they know and think of them as a little dangerous. After all, aren’t real wizards supposed to be hiding in their towers far away, as opposed to operating in the merchant’s district? What were they doing here anyway?

But as the greatest of the task mages of this age once said, “Hey, a girl’s gotta eat, right?”
                          Last edited by Taskmage; 04-13-2006, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Can't see the pic... I'm at work ; ;

Comment

Originally posted by bikkebakke
                              Can't see the pic... I'm at work ; ;
                              What they block the photobucket domain?

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Yup... no photobucket for me... damn photobucket nazis >.<;

Comment

Working...
                                X