Paying with a debit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paying with a debit card

That's fucking great. I can't get another card. No FFXI for me.
    *kills computer*
    I guess the fact that it has interac on the back and says it's registered by VISA means nothing?

Comment

Does it have a valid Visa account number? i.e. does it begin with 4, have 4 sets of 4 digits imprinted on the front with a Visa logo, and is usable as a Visa card?

If not, then you're probably out of luck. I use my debit card to pay for FFXI, but it has the Visa logo up front and I can use it as a credit card anywhere I need to.

Icemage

Comment

It starts with 4, yes.
        My card looks like this:
        4### ## ######## ##

Same amount of digits as a credit card, which looks like this:
        4### #### #### ####

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
          Does it have a valid Visa account number? i.e. does it begin with 4, have 4 sets of 4 digits imprinted on the front with a Visa logo, and is usable as a Visa card?
          Canadian Debit cards do not come with valid Visa ID's.

I guess the fact that it has interac on the back and says it's registered by VISA means nothing?
          Visa (the company) may indeed own the Interac network or some part of its licensing but that does not mean that debit cards that can access the Interac network can access Visa (the credit network).
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron
            Canadian Debit cards do not come with valid Visa ID's.
            Maybe it depends on the kind of account you have, where I live you have the option of opening a savings account with a Visa or Mastercard International card or with regular domestic card.

So if the OP is opening a new account maybe his bank can give him some options so he can get a Visa/Mastercard debit card to pay that way.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

In my situation, I'm stuck with this card for now.
              I don't know if I should buy the game and see if it works or not.

Double Post Edited:
              From rbc.com

"You can also use your Client Card to make point-of-sale (debit) purchases at any of the 1,000,000 merchants in the United States that use the NYCE# Network. "
              Last edited by Carlo 210; 08-08-2006, 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Carlo 210
                In my situation, I'm stuck with this card for now.
                I don't know if I should buy the game and see if it works or not.
                You should try to open a new savings account that gives you a Visa or Mastercard card, because...

Originally posted by SE
                Credit and debit cards with Visa and Mastercard logos are accepted as the only payment method.

If you wish to change your current payment method, go to the Service & Support page, select "Membership," then "Payment Method" in your PlayOnline viewer. You can review, register, and change your payment method there.
                sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                  Maybe it depends on the kind of account you have, where I live you have the option of opening a savings account with a Visa or Mastercard International card or with regular domestic card.

So if the OP is opening a new account maybe his bank can give him some options so he can get a Visa/Mastercard debit card to pay that way.
                  These cards are not available in Canada, I've asked.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I will TRY to see if I can do that prepaid mastercard thing at moneymart (my sister started working there last month). If it's more hassle than it's worth, then I'll just sadly say goodbye to ffxi.

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron
                      These cards are not available in Canada, I've asked.
                      Ouch +1
                      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

MY sister is going to go see if she can bring the prepaid-mastercard paperwork home from moneymart. If she can't, I'll have to find a drive there.

There is light...
                        20$ initial cost, plus 2 dollars per withdrawal. Yeesh.

Comment

Aha! I'm gonna be able to use my parents card after coming to terms with them.

Hopefully this will be final and there won't be any more bumps in the road.
                          If all's well, I'll be signing up tomorrow and I'll probably be on by saturday (after 4:30 when I'm back from work).

I really thank you all for you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by LINK398
                            Does anyone know how exactly this works? Do you get billed or does it just take off from the total amount of money you have on the card?
                            It's electronic billing, just like any other online subscription. The only receipts you will get will be shown in your PlayOnline account information, and your bank or credit card statements that you get every month.

You registered the card with them, meaning you approved them to just deduct the money from the card every billing cycle, until you log into their interface and manually stop the billing. It's a simple and logical system in this say of electronic money transfer. Stop playing online games if you MUST receive a paper bill/receipt from each company every time you pay.
                            http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                            http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                            http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                            My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

a visa electron debit card is valid?

Comment

Originally posted by Carlo 210 View Post
                                I'll be signing up tomorrow and I'll probably be on by saturday (after 4:30 when I'm back from work).

If you have a job, is it safe to assume you probably make more than $15/month? If so, why not simply open your own bank account, and apply to get a debit card? Chances are you can get a Visa or Mastercard. Not only will this make paying for FFXI a little easier, you'll now have your own account to deposit/withdraw from whenever you want to.

If you're a minor, you'll probably need a parent/guardian to co-sign it. I dunno how that all works up in the North.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                                ------
                                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Working...
                                X