This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Manthra! Huzzah!

Well I've been really curious about manthras, since I myself am a FEMALE MITHRA and get confused for one (which pisses me off), for obvious reasons that more males play mithras on FF than females lol...anyway Many people told me they played mithra for THF or other such jobs...so I made this mod in hopes that they can still enjoy playing mithra in a male version He works perfectly, tail too. He has a young looking face, but then again he's a mithra....I took the hair style from Chiama's short brown hair mod (from ffxidats.com), and tweaked it just a bit. Everything else (besides the hands) were modded to look more male like. The chest (obviously) was flattened and widened,the face became more broad, as well as the pants, feet, legs, and arms were widened. I hope he makes some manthras happy. Remember though, he just has this one outfit (for now) so he's not meant to go on another race but mithra...unless you want his head running around with boobies. If someone wants to go and make some more outfits, by all means

Edit: In game pics!
    Last edited by Jitensha; 12-07-2007, 06:51 PM.

Re: A Manthra! Huzzah!

Looks like a drowsy female mithra to me. With a flat chest.

If your playing mithra for a job then get over it, its the story.
    75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
    Woodworking 91.9+2
    ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Good effort. I know plenty of guys of who play mithra's that dat swap for manthra's. Don't let other people discourage you. At the end of the day, make what you want, they're not the one's who want to use it.

Comment

I myself am proud; to be a Manthra, but not for the normal reasons either. I am a Manthra because, I like Kitties they are soooo cute! But, anyway lol...

Also, that is a very good pic of a Manthra lol...I like it
        Originally posted by Balfree
        i bet hes like WTF WTF WTF SCREECH WTF WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus View Post
          Looks like a drowsy female mithra to me. With a flat chest.
          ... an emo haircut.
          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

loldrk?
            75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
            Woodworking 91.9+2
            ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

While, I must say that I do admire your abilities, your Manthra looks a little scrawny. I had always pictured a Manthra as more Thundercat-like. As he exists, he could easily strap on a stuffed bra and pass for a woman--the androgyny is throwing me off--he needs more "masculine" characteristics to push the idea that it's not a girl--wider jaw, thicker limbs, chest should be more v-type. You could just steal the hume male body and recolor the skin, add a tail, and maybe make him thinner/shorter.

He also looks emo-depressed which I find rather undesirable. Hair in front of the eyes is not good for combat (or most activities that involve seeing). Manthras are probably very happy considering that they can basically get some whenever they like from multiple women without complaints because of their status among the mithra--so I doubt a Manthra would be upset unless, of course, the reason he's adventuring and not playing harem is that he's no longer "able" which could be used as logic for why he's so depressed.

And here is an artists rendering of a Rakshasa Raja (D&D Style). Understand that a Rakshasa is actually a cat-like demon, not an organism, but it colors my perception of a man-cat.

Last edited by Sabaron; 12-07-2007, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Best manthra mod I've seen, even though he looks like an scrawny emo.

Comment

Maybe he can get a special ability to make the mobs to cut their wrists and bleed out!
                  There will be cake.

Comment

/ja Depressed <p0>

Lv. 1

Randomly gives the following status ailments:

Sadness
                    Suicidal Tendencies
                    Loneliness
                    Cry
                    Hair in Face

@topic: Good effort I think. A little scrawny, perhaps try beefing him up a bit. Nothing MANthra about this imo.
                    Last edited by Omni; 12-07-2007, 08:41 AM.
                    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

To Sabaron, I think many people have tried to make manthras on hume models (and it has worked!) but to add tails is very difficult, and I haven't seen anyone accomplish it yet. I don't know if the ears are functional on hume mathras via ffxidats.com, but I'm 100% sure they don't have the tails working. I wouldnt make a manthra bulky because one, he's a cat, so he seems like he would be something scrawny and flexible to me, imo. Also Manthras have unknown whereabouts, so I don't think they fight or do much, besides stay home and procreate and take care of the kiddies lol...so thats why I made him scrawny.

For all you people saying he looks emo....well I had to mod him off of a female face, so that all the functions would work (ears, tail, etc). Whenever I did a cool hairstyle, the clipping planes would come out retarded so he looked like a deformed thing lol. I ended up taking another custom dat for the shortest hair I could find for a mithra...and there you go It's the only hair style I could find that looked male, so....yeah...sorry didn't mean him or want him to look emo lol.

For all of you that think he still looks femenine, try and compare him with a mithra. I did do changes besides flattening his chest.

I made his toroso, butt, arms, ears, legs, feet etc wider. I also made his shoulders a bit broader and his neck a bit thicker.

Thank you everyone who liked it, and thanks for defending me fallenintoshadows. Don't worry, everyone has their own opinion on the look of a manthra, so I was expecting lots of criticism. Sure If this were photoshop, which I knew like the back of my hand, I would make this mod bad ass....but I'm using Metaseq, and I just don't have the time to learn other programs. It's finals week and I needed to get rid of some of this stress...so I made this manthra XD I hope you guys still enjoy it!

Comment

I think the .dat editing is great. I just dont necessarily like how he's so thin. To each their own! Good work though.
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Well Maybe when I finish my finals I can add to him some more, making him a bt bigger....I just need time :/

Comment

I think a broader chest and more narrow hips would help this guy out.

Right now he's still got the female form. It doesn't help that the clothes he's in are still for females, either.

As for why he's emo, it's definitely the hair combined with the poutey eyes.
                            There will be cake.

Comment

Since when have they ever implied that male mithra are manly?! They are the weaker gender of the race. I personally think this is a near perfect rendition of a manthra. I HIGHLY doubt they'd look remotely manly. I picture male mithras as androgynous.

Comment

Working...
                              X