70+ Leveling Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70+ Leveling Cooking

I am level 71 and I am stuck on what to cook for good skillups and I am really looking just to grind to 100. Anyone know good advice or a guide for grinding to 100? or any advice on the matter?

Re: 70+ Leveling Cooking

My advice? Don't. Take it slow and make money on the way. Au Laits at this level sell very well at AH and net a good profit. Yellow curry sells for twice what it takes to cook. Etc.
    BLM75 RNG65 BRD50 NIN37 RDM37 WHM25 WAR25 BST21 THF7
    Cooking83
    Elemental Magic Skill Merits 1/5

Thanks to Kazuki for the awesome sig!

Comment

You're wanting relatively inexpensive synths that you could just NPC? Rarab Meatball (76), Pamama au Lait (81) or Bass Meuniere (83) if you can get the bass, Marron Glace (86), Rolanberry Pie (90), Tonosama Rice Ball (94). Some more expensive that others, but those are about as cheap as it gets.

If it were me though, I'd take greydaze's advice and level slowly on profit synths when possible.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Agreed, take it slow with profit synths. Luckily for me, the Sushi market wasn't flooded on Phoenix when I was able to skill on them, so I profited and skilled fast on those.

RDM 75/WHM 38/BLM 37/DRK 37/NIN 37/PLD 37 -- Cooking 96.7+1
        Image by Askannyi
        LoneGamer.net

Comment

I'm at 60 cooking and can't even decide if I want to go all the way with it.

There are already 100 crafters of every stripe in my LS, so I've got no real burning desire. I don't really know what to do, and none of the "profit synths" seem to work out for me.
          66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
          Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
          01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
          01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
          O)
          01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

i also am level 60 cooking. i didnt think i was gonna lvl it anymore but now ive decided i am. mainly for HQing broths for a BST friend of mine. what are some profitable foods to make after lvl 60 that sell good??

Comment

From what I've gathered (cooking 80 as of yesturday-whoot!) cooking is mainly about small profits over time, although I do have to look at my new tier 3 HQ recipes. The Au'Laits really are good, and relatively inexpensive. You could go for some low lev sushi if you have RFH, but I took a hit and skilled on colored eggs for a loss, kept them for GP items, there's no demand for them. 60-65 was a pain till you get to San'D'Orian Tea.
              Hope that helps

Comment

Egg soup, Au Lait's, Cookies, etc etc.

Often it relies on conquest standing and/or regional control, but you can get to 90ish by barely using the a/h.

You can get to 99 if you can find (and afford) Fresh Mugwort.
                Likibiki ~ Crusher of Dreams
                75 Summoner
                58 White Mage
                Pandemonium Server

Comment

Use the guild point items to your advantage. Find out what all the levels are requiring for points. The ideal situation is cook to get your points and cook extra. Put in AH at Windy at a good profit. believe me, some people will pay double to just buy the items for points instead of gathering the ingrediants. Some items only sell on guild point days, turtle soup,shark soup, bataquiche etc. You can get triple profits on those items easily. Do tomato soup for points, turn in your HQ soup for your points and sell the rest. Takes time but I made a profit from 80 to 97. After 97, break even would be great but I lost because of the falling economy, but just making it to 100 wasa worth it!
                  Beast 69 Blue 42 War 36 Pld 35 Red 35
                  Thf 30 Nin 23 Rgr 17 Sam 15

Cook 100 Wood 52 Fish 31 Leather 30 Cloth 30
                  Smith 22 Alchemy 20 Gold 16 Bone 15

Comment

While skilling up after 97, you make your profit on beehive chips :D .
                    I have heard that those who celebrate life
                    walk safely amongst the wild animals.
                    When they go into battle, they remain unharmed,
                    the animals find no place to attack them
                    and weapons are unable to harm them.
                    Why? Because they find no place for death in them.

Comment

Well personally i found it at some occations easier to just make for example yagudo drinks to make profit on, i got mule in jeuno so that is pretty easy.
                      And i make profit with the drinks and just decide to take the loss with skilling up.
                      Why would i care if i sell 50 au lait's to shop that cost me like 20k while i make 24 drinks that give a profit of 24-30k.

Comment

I just dinged 80 cooking. I did pamama au laits since 72. I broke about 50% early on but since I farmed the honey and crystals (farmed beehive chips and honey on my thf for th2 then synthed and hq'd honey out of the beehive chips) I was able to buy the rest of the materials for 201 gil a synth and sell them on the AH for 1300-1400gil a pop (profiting even at 50% breakage) and they sell very fast.

My ls leader who is a 100+ cook told me to go 80ish-94ish on emperor roe, flint caviar and Tonosama Rice Balls. Though I am sure you'd have to make something between the roe and caviar (maybe make more pamama au laits and turn them into pamama tanks?) I am still looking at other options since rice balls are not used by sams that much anymore.

Comment

Please, please don't tell me you wasted money on beehive chips to honey synthesis.

Honey is relatively easy to acquire; the beehive chips generally cost much more than the honey does. If you have a high level job you can farm chips and honey very quickly; no one XP's on bees, and there are lots of areas with them.

---

Back on topic...

I don't remember precisely what I did in the 70ish range, but it was some combination of things like Emporer Roe, Flint Caviar, and Tavnazian Tacos with a few other easier synths mixed in. I saved the Roe to make Caviar, and saved the Caviar to make Tacos. Very space-intensive, but not wasteful compared to other paths (helps a LOT if you have high Fishing skill to support this, though, as Emporer Fish, Grimmonites, etc. aren't that easy to come by otherwise).

Icemage

Comment

XD I farmed both the beehive chips and honey on my TH2 able thf. And I made sure to synth the beehive chips near the alchemists to piss them off(only reason i synthed them.) XD

Comment

5 stacks in 45 minutes helped a lot in low levels. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X