For those who are born in darkness...

The light brings them no comfort!!!

Comment

• Re: Cooking thread. 0-61

Hey nice guide ty

Comment

Originally posted by Grissom
        lol I'd do all juice path to use for myself <.< Make money another way =3
        ty Grissom for getting my point...

[rant]
        I didn't intend for the juices to make you money while lvling cooking at a cheap rate, the whole intent for the juice method was to whore your cooking at a high price.

Its a simple method: Ingredients are cheap, crystals are free and breaks will happen. Stand near an NPC and ditch off the botttles as needed. Once at a higher lvl (and a big dent in the pocket) you find a recipe that allows you to make that gil back.
        [/rant]

I challenge anyone to show me a cheap recipe with a high gil output at -40 cooking. If you know of one, share the wealth ^^

Server: Ifrit
        Linkshell: none
        Jobs: 58DRG, 56WHM, 37BLM, 37THF, 20NIN, 18RNG, 14WAR, 14RDM, 14SAM, 14BRD, 11PLD, 11BST, 5DRK, 5SMN (yes I have tried everything)
        Quote: "sure I'll help, no I don't need to exp ><"

Comment

Thanks a bunch. This helps me out a lot considering I am fresh lvl 0 cook, lol.

Comment

lol cook 60 now ty pld will be easy sailing now lol
            The Last and Only Samurai, All Shall Die at My Blade

Comment

thanks for the good guide, my cooking's only 21 at the moment.
              i remember i started it to make yag drinks, i got a loooong way to go lol

Comment

Thanks, this is helping me alot

Comment

I think I may use this guide, I have about 1.5 mil to throw down on a craft, and cooking just seems like it would be logical bc, I play MNK so I could use some chiefkabobs or if I ever decide to do WHM again, I could have drinks and be a great WHM. Nice guide, I will hit it up when I get home.
                  ------------------------------
                  galkaBST: "What... what have you done to me!?"
                  Sand Lizard: "Oh, that? I suppose you want... THE ANTIDOTE!"
                  galkaBST: "You son of a..." /death

Don't let that happen to you.
                  ------------------------------
                  Check out my rockin Myspace at http://www.myspace.com/patsforlife

Comment

Nice thread. I'm at 52 now and hope to use this info to get to 60!

Thanks!
                    FFXI: 75 PLD/37 War/32 WHM/30 BLM/28 NIN/14 RNG/10 SAM/8 BST
                    Server: Kujata
                    Race: Elvaan

Japanese Proverb: Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Comment

If you have BST leveled , sub it, and go to Beaucidine Glacier(sp?) . When it hits Dark weather, just use wide scan to find the elementals. I usually drag my RNG buddy along lol.

Water crystals are goo also in Pashhow Marshlands, near the out post.

Fire elemtals, sometimes in the dunes when ever the weather hits double fire.also in altepa east and west.

Lighting always in Delkfutt's Tower or Quifim Island. Or also Sanctuary of Zi'Tah, or Oldton Movopolis, also Konstach Highlands.

Earth elementals, can also be found in the dunes, Eldimie Necropolis, Both altepa deserts

Wind Elemental can be found in La'Theine Platue(sp?)

Ice Elemental can be found any where up north, mainly in Beaucidine Glacier around the ponds.

Light Elementals can be found in Quifim Island, Delkfutts Tower

If I missed any please feel free to add. As I at work at the moment thinking off the top of my head and doing other things. Hope this helps some.

this save you some money in the long run , getting your own crystals.
                      BLM 75
                      DRK 75
                      WAR 75
                      SCH 75
                      THF 73
                      BST51
                      PLD 46
                      WHM 42
                      RDM 38
                      SAM 37
                      NIN 37
                      MNK 27
                      BLU 7 (who knows)
                      PUP 5 (staying right where it is)
                      DRG 27
                      SMN 12 (SMN75 oneday)
                      BRD 14 (no intrest as of yet)
                      RNG 5 (gil sink no thanks)
                      SAM 37
                      Beating up Gigas one at a time for their lunch money!
                      Retribution: O Spiral Hell: O Ground Strike: O Savage Blade: O Black Halo: O Evisceration: O Decimation: O Steel Cyclone: O

Comment

yup great info!

Comment

Just as an update - growing the wildgrass seeds for chocobos seems to be causing some crazy crystal price-fluxes out there. Right now, Fire and Earth crystals seem to be the cheapest on Phoenix (1-1.5k per stack), with Water crystals going from 3-4k a stack(!!) at Windy and Jeuno.

Baked popatos from 17-21 and then insect pastes are the way I've been going presently, so definitely check your AH and see if you should be swapping over to Fire based stuff for a while if you're levelling right now.

Comment

Prices on crystals are starting to shake out again, 2k for water crystals on Phoenix is becoming more normal. Ingredients continue to vary widely; I've jumped the insect paste gaps and suggest fish broths as a cheap skilling synth from 29 to mid 30's. Not exactly profitable unless you're working BST, but if you're just pushing without assessing profitable items at the AH, it's not bad.

Comment

Man in less than an hour last night I got up to lvl 13
                              ur da man

It ain't tanking unless you get hit
                              To those who are about to tank I salute you.

Comment

LOL! Kurb now you know how I leveled cooking so fast! I am level 58 now with craftsman ranking. Time to earn some more gil so I can afford to skill up again.
                                The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X