Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a mixture of stone cheese and yagudo drinks to level to 60. If you want to make Yag drinks and actually profit, buy the ingredients from the Kolushu regional vendor. Dont buy from AH.

Stone cheese is a loser no matter what, but its a fairly cheap synth.

Also, Pet Food Zeta biscuits are said to cap at 59, and they can be profitable. Earth crystal + Couerl meat + sandoria flour + lizard egg + distilled water = 4 zeta biscuits. Might want to double check this recipe for level cap and ingredients, as its been a while since I made them.
    FFXIV: ARR - Leviathan Server - 50 Bard, 47 Dragoon, 50 All crafts, 48 Botany, 48 Miner
    FFXI: Shiva Server

Comment

• Okay i hit 70

waiting on growing my own kukuru beans and fire crystals
      65 RDM/ 25 BLM/ 33WHM/ 11WAR/ 15THF/ 30NIN/ 21BRD
      Cooking: 85
      Goldsmithing: 22

Comment

• I hit 80

doing pumpkin pies

Comment

• Re: Cooking thread. 0-61

I'm 67 right now. Doing Sandorian Tea. That doesn't sell very well in Midgard I'm trying to get Raw Fish Handling to make some sushi

Thanks to Bila for the signature

Comment

Taking Stone Cheese up to lvl61 cheaper then Yagudo Drinks I think but the Dark Crystal are a killer 7k a stack ...

Comment

But you make the money back plus more with Yagudo Drinks. Or atleast I did.

Thanks to Bila for the signature

Comment

I'm at 84 right now just grew 50 Stacks of fire cyrstals so I'm ready to go back into the cooking game. So I'm going to leveling off of Pumpkin Pies. When you buy all those ingridents from NPC is super profitable. Just annoying to send all that shit to your cooking guy.

After 85ish I'm going to hit it up with Rolanberry Pies till 90 ish. After that it's all expiermental I heard flint caviar to taz tacos to cursed soup will get you 100 somewhat painlessly. Cooking is really slow at 82. I just cook for fun by the way. I think tacos and sushi are really easy money.

Thanks guys

Comment

Good job Plenum. and good luck with hitting 100 in cooking ^.^

Well I myself am 47 in cooking and I am sure I can hit 50 pretty easily if I begin to actually craft again. But my question is what can I craft while I am on my way up to 60 that could make me some gil so I could continue crafting without going broke....

Comment

What do you guys/gals think of this approach. Someone in my LS leveled up his cooking this way and said it was easy..........

For my cooking 0-60... I made only Juice...

0-10 : Orange
                    10-20 : Apple
                    20-30 : Pineapple
                    30-40 : Melon

This was all a joke because water crystals are so easy to come across. You can 1, level for ages on crabs, or 2 camp water elementals in LTP or Pashhow Marshlands where it rains all the freakin time.

40-50 : Grape
                    50-60 : Yagudo Drinks

This section was slightly harder, but I was high enough level to farm castle zvhal bailies for the dark crystals. If you can't do that, you may want to look for a different path here.

Comment

thanks xephoid

Comment

Funguar drop dark crystals as well, and they're spread out enough in level that anyone can farm them.

The all juice path would be a pain. Starting a synth 10 levels under the cap means you're in for a lot of breaks. Plus non-stacking bottles of juice are a pain to sell. Nobody buys orange, apple, or grape juice at all. If you're planning to use the juice yourself then go for it I guess, but if you want to make money or gain levels faster you should vary your lineup a bit.
                        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowyuen

40-50 : Grape
                          50-60 : Yagudo Drinks

This section was slightly harder, but I was high enough level to farm castle zvhal bailies for the dark crystals. If you can't do that, you may want to look for a different path here.
                          Well, I skipped that part. Yag Drinks aren't the profit like they used to be because since COP the ingredients are much easier to attain because that region is always under control. After 2 quick levels on Pie Dough (also takes water crystal), here is an alternative to dark crystals:

42-51: Orange au Lait
                          51-56: Muslum (camp vendor in Jeuno for grape juice, much cheaper and easier)
                          56-62: Apple au Lait

after that go to pear and panamas au lait. be prepared to eat losses as none of the drinks other than muslum stack and they don't sell fast enough at AH to warrant selling them.
                          Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
                          Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

I agree with the juice method, if you have the gill to throw away on lvling....
                            Yes there is a high fail rate at 10 lvls, but you gain quicker from my experience...
                            All you have to do is dump the bottles off to an NPC and you have your space back, plus The advantage of just 1 item + crystal makes it easier to hold while crafting....
                            Also, if you use the imagery support for the 90gil you can do 10 lvls pretty easy....
                            The main drawback to this method is the BIG waste of gil, got me to 30 pretty quick though...
                            Allthough, the ingredients are really cheap for the most part from NPC's and you only need 2 to craft 1, so its pretty cheap all the way with water crystals and NPC items.....

But it is all up to what you are crafting for, if it is to get a high lvl craft real fast your gonna have to spend the gil.... if you are crafting to make gil, NPC's and recycling are KEY! (recycling = crafting stuff you can use later to craft with, save you the gil later on)

and I will end my 2 cents with: I'm A N00B!!!! =P lol

Server: Ifrit
                            Linkshell: none
                            Jobs: 58DRG, 56WHM, 37BLM, 37THF, 20NIN, 18RNG, 14WAR, 14RDM, 14SAM, 14BRD, 11PLD, 11BST, 5DRK, 5SMN (yes I have tried everything)
                            Quote: "sure I'll help, no I don't need to exp ><"

Comment

If you level on Tomato Juice, you probably want to turn it into Tomato Soup afterwards to sell it. Tomato Soup caps at 48, 5 levels above Tomato Juice, so you can start making it when the skillups on Tomato Juice start to slow down. Here's the recipe:

Fire Crystal(Dried Marjoram, Bay Leaves, Wild Onion, Tomato Juice, Distilled Water)

There's a level 45 recipe as well, but it requires a rare/ex item, so you can't grind on it.

Nobody drinks Tomato Juice, but Tomato Soup is an Apprentice level guild point item, so keep an eye on this page to see when it becomes today's GP item and fill up your AH slots.
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage
                                Funguar drop dark crystals as well, and they're spread out enough in level that anyone can farm them.

The all juice path would be a pain. Starting a synth 10 levels under the cap means you're in for a lot of breaks. Plus non-stacking bottles of juice are a pain to sell. Nobody buys orange, apple, or grape juice at all. If you're planning to use the juice yourself then go for it I guess, but if you want to make money or gain levels faster you should vary your lineup a bit.
                                lol I'd do all juice path to use for myself <.< Make money another way =3
                                "If love be rough with you, be rough with love."

FFXI Name: Mercutio | Server: Midgardsormr | LS:Valor | RNK10 | Jobs: 75WHM-75SMN-75DRG-75BST-64RNG

Comment

Working...
                                X