Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.1-6 Orange Juice. Water Crystal + 4x Sautura orange. Oranges are cheapest at vendor near northern exit in Win Water. Money loser. But since the material is cheap, just cope with it.
    yeah this f*cking sucks. I'm doing this now and all i get is fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, fail WITH image support. Only got .2 skillups now. Yeah, you screwd up there bud this part sucks.

Comment

• Nothing Wrong with the GUIDE !!!

There is nothing wrong with this guide !!!!! I have used it and now I am at lvl 30 in cooking it is a GREAT GUIDE in my opinion !!! Don't know what anyone else is doing wrong for it not to work.

Peace,

Daballer ---- Quatz

Comment

• I got to 47 with this guide guys, so just stick with it if you are actually going with this craft, it's the truth. Also I didn't start making OJ's til I got to 6, where I don't gain the level's anymore hehe.

Ikari

brave; integritous; commanding
        New sig. Thank you Graelinn of BeastInTheSack (Garuda)
        75 ナイト, 37 戦士, 31 忍者, 18 シーフ, 16 モンク, 8 侍, others: level 1 T_T.
        ナイト 怒 (いかり)(Level 75 ナ/Level 37 戦)

Comment

• Well ive capped at tonosama rice balls and i think that is as far as i am taking cooking. I might do Sweet rice cakes after i get haubergeon and ametit+1, but probably not. Fresh mugwarts are rediculous.

In hindsight cooking is not the moneymaker i thought it would be. I knew it wouldn't be nearly as good as other crafts but it is even less profitable than i had hoped. No doubt this is due to the high volume of high level cooks on my server. By diversifying your sales you can do ok, but doing diverse synthing can take hours, because of the insane amounts of ingredients you have to gather for the different items. Even with gobbie bag IV, and 70 inv spaces as well as a mule in all 4 nations it is a real hassle. Other lv60 Freinds in my LS can farm gil about as fast as i can make it from cooking sales.

But dont' get me wrong i am glad i took cooking almost all the way. I get more use out of it for myself and my LS then i would get out of any other craft i think. It is very convienient to be able to consistantly make myself chiefkabobs, and the occasional red curry when i want to go all out so i have no regrets.

Given the relative ease with wich you can level cooking i'd say it is the perfect craft for people who want a craft but don't want to spend alot of time leveling it.

Here is the route i took after 55:

Stone cheese 55-61
          colored egg 61-66
          SanD tea 66-69
          pear au lait 69-72

With no failures and high fame you will break even on stone cheese. Colored eggs and SanD tea is a big loss unless you grow your own ingredients and then it is still a loss. I recomend starting pear au lait at 65. Thats what i would have done except it wasn't in the game until i was already a 69 cook. Pear au lait is super and you will make money leveling off it.

choco milk 72-74
          pamama au lait 74-81

Choco milk is a pain but you can come close to breaking even on it if you do it right. I have a big post about it on pg9 of this thread. After choco milk you will be making money on all your synthing right up until you decide not to level anymore. Pamama au lait is a money maker, has few ingredients, and sells fast. Only thing that would make it more perfect is if it stacked.

pumpkin pie 81-85

Pumpkin pie is another nice money maker so long as you gather the ingredients properly(buy ingredients from npcs not AH). At 5k per stack i was almost sad when i capped it.

rolanberry pie/persikos au lait 85-90

Rolanberry pies and persikos au lait will both make you money. As to wich on is better it is a matter of personal preferance. After trying both i like rolanberry pies, because there are a few things about persikos i don't like. For one you can only get persikos from failed attemps at growing dark elemental ore using tree saplings and dark crystals. This grow takes 3-4 weeks. Basically this means that you have to buy them off AH and even then the availiblility is limited. On top of this persikos au lait is a much more expensive synth than rolanberry pies so failures are alot more costly. Also i noticed that rolanberry pies seem to sell a touch faster for me. So my recomendation is rolanberry pies.

Flint caviar/tonosama rice balls 90-94

Probably the most profitable synth ive done that isnt HQ and extremely convenient. I went from 90 to 94 in a single day. For starters Flint caviar is a lv92 synth, tonosamas are a level 94 synth. But what is so nice is that flint caviar is actually the most difficult ingredient to come by for tonosamas. So while you are leveling your craft synthing cavier you are at the same time stocking yourself with the most expensive ingredient for tonosamas. To do this synth you have to start with an emperor fish and split it into 4 emperor roes with a lighting crystal. Then synth flint cavier using a dark crystal, emperor roe and rock salt to get 3 flint caviers for each roe. Then each flint cavier is good for 2 tonosama rice balls. So even though emperor fish are so expensive 1 fish will yield 2 stacks of tonosamas. The rest of the ingredients for tonosamas are super cheap.

So good luck to all future veteran cooks. I hope you can get as much use out of it as i have been able too. ^^

Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
          Tiamat O
          Jormungand O
          Vrtra O
          DLord O
          JoL O
          AV X

Comment

• Seeing this thread makes me wanna try the cooking thing now. It could probably help with my fishing if I skill up enough to make the bait. Thanks!
            seasons don't fear the reaper

Comment

• Just my two cents:

As suggested, I've been doing Pear Au Lait from 65, and have just hit 70.

Although it does sell at the AH, it sells very, very, very slowly. Finally, I couldn't stand having all my AH spaces perpetually clogged, I started selling them off to NPCs at a loss.
              Pounce (RETIRED) Mithra Bastok R.7 Titan server
              DRG 62 | RDM 65 | WAR 34 | SAM 30 | WHM 33 | BLM 33 | THF 15

(guess my name =P) Mithra Bastok R.1 Titan server
              MNK 18 | WAR 3
              Future NIN -_-

Comment

• One of my friends said when he got to 10 cooking, he just kept making Bug Broth, recipe = water crystal, lugwormx2 and shellbugx2. he said after 50 stacks of bug broth he had made 40k profit by selling back to merchant.
                WAR30 RNG13 BRD14 MNK10 THF10 NIN10 BST10 WHM7 BLM7

Comment

• Hey guys, I got to 50 the other night and wondering, how much money will it cost me (or do I need) to get from 50-94 (for Tonosama Balls)?? And what route should I take?? I see Zanfron's helps once i get to 55, but before that?? I am currently doing Crayfish balls to get to 52 as Xeph mentioned, but after that I dunno, what's the most cost efficient from 52 onwards???

Ikari

P.S. Loss or money maker, either way I wanna know which one is the best, since I wanna get to 94 :D

Comment

• Originally posted by JP_Ikari
                    Hey guys, I got to 50 the other night and wondering, how much money will it cost me (or do I need) to get from 50-94 (for Tonosama Balls)?? And what route should I take?? I see Zanfron's helps once i get to 55, but before that?? I am currently doing Crayfish balls to get to 52 as Xeph mentioned, but after that I dunno, what's the most cost efficient from 52 onwards???

Ikari

P.S. Loss or money maker, either way I wanna know which one is the best, since I wanna get to 94 :D
                    52-55 make beaugreen sautee, according to Belot who put together an awesome cooking guide. from 55-60 make stone cheese for a profit of 72 gil a stack by selling to merchant.
                    WAR30 RNG13 BRD14 MNK10 THF10 NIN10 BST10 WHM7 BLM7

Comment

• Originally posted by knox
                      52-55 make beaugreen sautee, according to Belot who put together an awesome cooking guide. from 55-60 make stone cheese for a profit of 72 gil a stack by selling to merchant.
                      Thanks a bunch knox. Much appreciated.

Ikari

Comment

• well im approaching the pumpkin pie cap (84?85?)

and wondering what is good to craft for a level or 2 or if i could go straight to rolanberry pies for a few lvls

any veteran chef's out there wanna give an adept some help? lol
                        SAM-44, THF-45, MNK-34, WHM-37, BST-32

Cooking-8x, WW-27

Rank5-Sandy/Bastok

Comment

• Go straight for Rolanberry Pies when you've reached 85.

Comment

• when i hit 81 i stopped with pamama au lait...then i started doing maron glace...that was really easy stuff..i dont break much

ingridents are

1 dark crystal
                            1 grape juice
                            2 chestnuts
                            1 maple sugar...

i would recommend doing this in sandoria...go to the shop that gets the stuff from ronfaure...and there's the grape to make the grape juice and chestnuts...
                            go up to the other store to find the maple sugar...
                            and u have the AH right next to you to get the crystals..
                            thats no down time running around windurst waiting for guild to open and that crap...
                            anyways that will take you up to 86 with really nice skill raise..

now i think i will go on rolanberry pies....its gonna give me a hassle i need to clear up space ; ;

good luck everyone ill give u another update once i lvl more...

im goin all out on this hehe
                            Crafting:
                            95 cooking +1
                            Apron obtained
                            Fishing 25 and goin up X)

Eqp.
                            Black belt
                            Alkyounes Braclets
                            Scorpion Harness...
                            Rasetsu Samue +1
                            peacock charm
                            Vishun's Cesti
                            Avenger's Earrings..
                            Byakko's Haidate
                            Suzuaku's Sunate
                            Amemet mantle +1

LS:
                            OpenThePonkkiki
                            Friendlyfire

Comment

• ok another update...

iv made rolanberry pies all the way until 87...then i started working on flint caviar...that will take u up to 92 but i think if u stop at 90...then u get to make tonosama rice balls to 94...

right now im at 94....i think i will work on rice dumplings...
                              i have to level my wood work first though ... that needs a skill of 10 in woodworking i think..
                              Crafting:
                              95 cooking +1
                              Apron obtained
                              Fishing 25 and goin up X)

Eqp.
                              Black belt
                              Alkyounes Braclets
                              Scorpion Harness...
                              Rasetsu Samue +1
                              peacock charm
                              Vishun's Cesti
                              Avenger's Earrings..
                              Byakko's Haidate
                              Suzuaku's Sunate
                              Amemet mantle +1

LS:
                              OpenThePonkkiki
                              Friendlyfire

Comment

• Originally posted by Royze
                                when i hit 81 i stopped with pamama au lait...then i started doing maron glace...that was really easy stuff..i dont break much

ingridents are

1 dark crystal
                                1 grape juice
                                2 chestnuts
                                1 maple sugar...

i would recommend doing this in sandoria...go to the shop that gets the stuff from ronfaure...and there's the grape to make the grape juice and chestnuts...
                                go up to the other store to find the maple sugar...
                                and u have the AH right next to you to get the crystals..
                                thats no down time running around windurst waiting for guild to open and that crap...
                                anyways that will take you up to 86 with really nice skill raise..

now i think i will go on rolanberry pies....its gonna give me a hassle i need to clear up space ; ;

good luck everyone ill give u another update once i lvl more...

im goin all out on this hehe
                                was this stuff a huge gil loss? did u sell back to AH or back to NPC?

3rd week in a row where i havent been able to get orge pumpkins due to no1 owning elshimo lowlands
                                SAM-44, THF-45, MNK-34, WHM-37, BST-32

Cooking-8x, WW-27

Rank5-Sandy/Bastok

Comment

Working...
                                X