X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good work xep

Comment

Wow i lost 8k just getting to lvl 3 with carrot broth. I used 16 stacks of carrots and 4 water clusters. I had very few failures but skill ups were slow. Also since i was in rabao and hadn't a mule in jeuno i had to sell back to the vendors there for 14gil a piece. I started out with 75k and figured i could get to lvl 40 no problem but now it's not looking so good all i want is some pineapple juice! *crys*
      http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?4946

Lu Shang's - Obtained: 10/05/04

Comment

Hey Solaran! Good of you to grace my thread.

Alura: Sorry to hear that. As the old saying goes, time is money. So patients pays off. Except for few of the syns that are profitable selling to NPCs, most of the product should be sold either over AH or through Bazaar. Trying to rush things tend to be costly.

But hang in there. Do it just couple of lvls a day, and sell the products using your mules. You'll be fine.

Also, I know that some days/moon are better for syn than others. So far I haven't really bothered to look it up. Others can feel free to chime in on this topic. I don't really know enough to comment on that aspect.

Comment

xep, what do you think about pebble soup. the materials are much cheaper (if you farm the flints yerself) and you can raise to 5?

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

pebble soup

I don't really like soup and juices for lvling. So far, they have all been money losers.

they don't stack. And to lvl, you need to making couple of dozen of those to gain a lvl. And they don't worth enough to take up slots in the AH, so you probably will want to sell them back to the NPC. But that's a sure fire money losing deal.

That's why I try to do syns with things that stack. So you more easily sell them in AHs and either making a little profit or at least minimize loss.

Also, peddle soup isn't exactly cheap. I tried it and abandoned it. Yes, the flint stone is cheap, but the fire crystals cost close to 200 a pop. And when you lvl, your chances of failure are significant. And when you fail, you have a CHANCE of losing 1 or more of your ingredients, but you ALWAYS lose the crystal. That's why I try to lvl using recipes that avoid fire crystals, prefer to stick to water and earth crystals as much as possible. :spin:

Comment

Is it really not possible to really make a profit and decent steady gil cooking? I hear that pet food delta can be a money maker selling to venders...Is this confirmed?

Comment

the main moeny in cooking and all crafts but mainly cooknig is the rare cooks like a chiefkabob.. an example is theres a taru in sandoria sellnig ehrbal broths for 50 gil he had 2 singing herbal broths also for 50 gil i bought em and sold them to the ah for 1k gil each if you can effectivly make chiefkabobs and the strongest broths you can make alot of cash

Comment

You can make a bit of gil off Delta biscuits to NPC's they go for 97 a piece. But if you don't flood the market with then you can get 2k a stack at the AH give it at least a day to sell. Land crab meat is soaring close to 4k a stack on Midgard so i've turned to insect balls. Last night during the full moon i couldn't keep them on auction, little suckers were bought so fast. I made 15k in 2 hours selling those on mules in different cities and off bazaar. Prices on mithkabobs aren't great either, i've never even synthed one yet, i might try a few for personal use though.
                  http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?4946

Lu Shang's - Obtained: 10/05/04

Comment

Great guide, this should be stickied. I made 1-39 in 3 days and I was only level 9 when I started :D

I was a bit worried when I started losing a lot of money with the first two recipes, but the later recipes easily made up for any losses and then some.

Comment

Wow, this will come in handy. I should study this and plan an attack on the cooking market.

BTW. You guys might want to make a few lower level items because you might beable to make a profit on them when the PS2 players come on the servers.

Comment

Great guide. Got to LV 13 Cooking in 2 days with a small loss of gil. I'm planning on using this guide as far as you make it. ^^
                        "From the void all things are born.
                        To the void all things return."

-philosophy of the Walahra

Comment

This thread has earned a Sticky I made it to Lv34 using it!!
                          RDM 75, BLM 73, WHM 42, SMN 41, RNG 40, NIN 37, DRK 37, THF 25, WAR 20

Comment

Very, very helpful guide. Newbie cooks definitely want to use this as a start up for getting gains and what to shop for. Good job!

I would like to confirm the pet biscuits phenomena.

Pet Delta Biscuits "make money." I have profitted quite well from these since I started cooking about 2 months ago. I am currently only 44, however, I have spent my time using my gil on other crafts and will be getting back to cooking very soon.

Pet Delta Biscuits sell for 97-98gil a piece at the vendor's in Sandoria. That is my hometown and I have comleted 40+quests there. Considering the amount of time to gather materials and cook, I can average from 10-12k an hour making Biscuits.

The recipe is as follows:
                            Earth Crystal=>Land Crab Meat + Bird Egg + Distilled Water + Rye Flour = 6 Pet Delta Biscuits.

On Gilgamesh, the average cost of these items is as follows:

Land crab meat averages 3.5k (this fluctuates up and down.. paid as high as 4k before but hate to go past that cuz then you really don't make money IMO).
                            Bird Eggs, if you are Rank 5, can be purchased at Airship Port Stores for 50gil per Egg or 600/stack. They also sell in stacks on any AH for an average of 1200gil. (Gilgamesh server)
                            Earth Crystall are ridiculously easy to farm with a level 1 character, or sell for 300gil on average at all AH's.
                            Distilled Water sells 11gil per item on average or 132/stack.
                            Rye Flour sells for 36gil per item on average or 432/stack.

3500+600+300+132+432 = 4964*
                            (*Note: This is for me on my server w/my amount of fame for Sandoria.)

I sell 72 Delta Biscuits back to vendors @98gil each. This totals 7056. I make a profit of 2,092gil. I usually can crank out 5stacks in an hour on average, thus, I make 10,460!

I only come to this total if I have bought the items with gil, which is why I stated I have the ability to make more money if I farmed a few of my items (like the land crab meat for example) I have made a killing and pure profit from simply farming my items. However, this takes a lot of time. (Land Crab Meat is difficult to farm without a Treasure Hunter sub and the eggs and be a nuiscance also. Crystals aren't so bad.)

This method for me has been one of the ways I have funded my white mage's equipment and spells up til now and continue to do so. (However, I am leveling Thief right now and want to use it to farm NM's later xD.)

Only draw back that I have with this method is that I am limited to what the AH sells and they can run out of Land Crab Meat very quickly. So, sometimes I am reduced to farming, but it takes me a real long time right now (even with TH1).

At any rate, hope this helps someone!

[b]

Goodbye everyone.

Comment

awesome info, thanks ('∇')
                              http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?2412

Comment

This guide is truly the most awsome thing to ever be put on this forum. I want to start cooking right here and now but sadly i can only play on weekends and its ONLY MONDAY!! oh well thanks for the guide

Comment

Working...
                                X