This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cost of goods

unfortunately, culenary guild isn't usually the cheapest place to get your ingredients. But it is the most convient place, with the advanced image support guys just next door. People buy stuff from the guild, but the guild prices is elastic. So once someone buys a certain quantity, the price next to the goods would turn grey, that means it will go up in price the next day (but if nobody buys for a few days, it will go down in prices, until it hits the normal standard price). If someone buys enough of it, the whole item would go grey and be sold out.

That's why a mule or 2 is so useful. I have 2, 1 in Sandoria, and the other I routinely make and delete in bastok or windurst, depend on where my main character is. This way, I got all 3 nations covered, making buying low and selling high a snap. Not to mention, each brings in 50 extra storage space and 7 AH slots.

For Sandurian carrot, where else best to buy but... sanduria. Have your mule buy it from the vendor in S.San, just west of the AH. Same goes for when you want to buy Sandurian Flour. Also, the grocery store in S. Sandy is a good source to get cheap rock salt.

Unlike the culenary guild, their prices dont' flucuate (at least not enough people buys from it to cause the prices to fluctuate noticably). But many of the supplys are only available when the nation controls certain area, or is ranked number 1.

Another thing, avoid weekend crafting at the guild. Weekends = mass leveling = guild prices goes through the roof, while the finished product is over supplied = AH prices hits rock bottom. Just my observation.

Comment

small update

Have been lvling my character instead of cooking lately. So I'm only up to 48 right now. On cerebrus

43.1-48 Apple pie: 1 fire crystal + 1 fiary apple + 1 pie dough + 1 maple sugure + 1 lizzard egg + 1 cinnamon = 4 Apple pie.

Even money, or a very slight loss if you do a little shopping for your ingredients and sell at the AH in the city that offering the best price. At least they sell really fast. Every mage and their mother seems to be eating these. :D

Apple pie, using bird egg can take you to 50. But I'm having second thoughts at 48. Since apple pie is some what expensive to make, and 1 failure can mean quite a noticable loss.

I'm thinking maybe crayfish balls to hit 52 instead. Very cheap to make.

Crayfish balls: 48 (47) - 52. 1 earth crystal + 3x crayfish + 1x distilled water + 1x sandurian flour = 1 stack of 12.

Earth crystals is basically free. 200-300 per stack. Crayfish sells for about 800-1000 per stack at AH. Distilled water = 11 g at the store south of the guild. Sandurian flour imported from mule in Sandoria = 76 per bag. Total cost of 1 stack = 25 for the crystal, 250 for the 3 crayfish, 11 for the water, and 76 for the flour = 362 per stack. Factor in image support and 10% failure = 440 per stack. In AH, these sells pretty fast for 500 gil per stack. So you should make a little profit, if not break even.

I think I might go make a bunch, and everynight before I go to sleep, I'll just park my naked character, Bazaar loaded with Crayfish balls right at the Fishing Guild in Windurst, and see how well it sells.

For hitting 55-56, I'm eyeing Beaugreen Saute. But I heard Yugado Drink is a very popular mage drinks, so I'm looking at that as well.

Comment

Nice guide, looking forward to hear about your experiences past Apple Pies. :sweat:
        Shina - Rank 6 Mithra of Windurst on Ragnarok, ZM done, CoP done
        BRD75, BST65, RNG60, BLM49, WHM40, NIN35, SMN26, WAR18, RDM15, BLU15, PLD13, MNK11, DNC10
        100 Fisher, 84 Woodworker, 70 Goldsmith, 60 Alchemist, 58 Culinarian, 38 Blacksmith, 23 Weaver, 17 Bonecrafter, 8 Tanner

Comment

We are on the same server

Im raising my cooking skills but im only lvl 10 Im sure this guide will help alot. Thnaks! Gonna continue leveling it when I get money from my plants.
          Colossal lance, Optical hat, Mermans gorget, Assault earring, Coral earring, Assault jerkin, Drachen fng. gnt., Ruby ring x2, Forager's mantle, Life belt, Barone cosciales, Barone Gambieras
          +Full JSE, Wyrm Brais, Forest rope
          Leathercraft: 90+1
          San d'Oria Rank 10
          Windurst Rank 9
          Sky, Moon & Lufaise Meadows O

Comment

I have some more stuff to add on to you small guide, just some easy ways to make gill after you get the lvl needed. When you can make insect paste 100% of teh time, this strat is very helpful. Go to sandoria, when you ahve a day or 2 to spare (real life) and then go to the Port Sandoria AH. Buy the ingredents (i know, cheaper in Wind, but the paste sells alot faster in Sandy). Synth 12 stacks, put 7 up for auction, get some more ingredents, syth, send to another mule in sandy if you have one, then replenish any that have been already sold, then go fish right in the ports. After using 1-2 stacks of paste, most of your pastes have sold, go back and replenish when needed.

You can make some money really fast this way, also, every now and then you will get a stack of moat carp wich sell for about 4k on my server (Ramuh). This is good to do if you have time, and you will get some money.

Also if you dont want to fish, you can cook other things while you wait for your paste to sell to get your level up. Not as effective money maker but it will get your skill up ^^. Good luck and have fun cooking!
            *Jobs* Blm: 31, Whm: 30, Rng: 25
            Crafts: Cooking 53, Woodworking: 28 Fishing: 38, Smithing 36, Alchemy: working on it :D goal is 100

Comment

insect balls at lvl 20 was a big waste of money for me.

24 synths > 2 success, rest was failed..not even 0.1 cooking skill up (yes, i did the lvl 20 cap and it wasnt blue).
              even asked for that cooking-skill-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Leatherface
                insect balls at lvl 20 was a big waste of money for me.

24 synths > 2 success, rest was failed..not even 0.1 cooking skill up (yes, i did the lvl 20 cap and it wasnt blue).
                even asked for that cooking-skill-up.
                I did it perfectly fine, with LOADS of profit, with adv image support (the kind you pay the little taru at the guild for, not the free one). Worked and made me lots of money all the way up to 29 =)
                Legacy of Cid Forums

Comment

ah, tried it with the 90 gil support, worked pretty well, skils are going up but failing a lot =P

Comment

Cookbook w/ stats to 97

http://www.killingifrit.com/page.php?id=69

All thanks goes to those killing ifrit dudes
                    All AF Complete.
                    RANK 9
                    g1-4 done
                    g5- well i got my Dragoon testimony

Spirit Link kiks azz^^

"Hmmmm, 100 of them and 6 of us. We will carry out our mission. Till Death Do Us Part....DRAW YOUR WEAPONS!!! READYYY!!! (May Lord Odin have mercy on there souls) ATTACKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Geez, I'm only 4 now, but my orange juices are failing like crazy. Like 90% of the time. Bye bye gil
                      stop the hate

Comment

um, quick question, how much do the carrots regularly go for? On my server they are going for 33 a pop. The end broth only sells for 14gil a pop at NPCs so it's loosing me quite a bit (selling in AH is not good, carrot broth is not in high demand).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

carrot broth

Buy the carrot from S.Sandoria vendor, it's most likely cheaper than the Guild. Luckly, you aren't required to make many of them. Making 3 stacks of them would raise you to lvl 3 when you can do orange juice or sliced sardine.

So sell it in the AH, it does take time, but you lose less money that way. I sold my 3 stacks over 1 night at Jeuno AH. Yes, it's risky since it cost 500 to put it on there. But since it was the weekend, and mine were the only ones there (I guess everyone thought it wasn't worth selling).... so i risked it and sold it fast at 2000 per stack, and made money in the process.

Comment

Thanks for the info^^. I was not liking the roast mushrooms at 11 ><.
                            Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
                            Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

Thanks for the guide~ I will treasure this lol\
                              RDM75| DRG75

Comment

here's some of the ones i used for leveling cooking. Keep in mind my goal was speed over profit and i hunted clusters so my crystal cost was always 0.

15-20 apple juice: 4x faerie apple + water crystal

25-30 pineapple juice: 2x kazham pineaple + water crystal

36-41 tomato juice: 3x mithran tomato + rock salt + water crystal

46-50 grape juice: 4x sand'or grape + dark crystal
                                50-56 mulsum: grape juice + honey + distlled water + ice crystal
                                56-61 stone cheese: selbina milk + rock salt + dark crystal
                                61-66 colorful egg: lizard egg + sand'or carrot + la thein cabbage + distilled water + fire crystal
                                66-70 sand'or tea: distilled water + maple sugar + selbina milk + sage + windurstian tea leaves + fire crystal

after this it starts geting very expensive

Comment

Working...
                                X