X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the compliment

Originally posted by Tetsura
    God bless you Xephoid

Best post i've ever seen for crafting. You've inspired me to start Cooking, which i had heard was a waste of time and money when i started playing but had been a dream of mine when i first read up on FFXI :spin:

Oh but i have one question. Do you know any fast ways of saving money for those that dont have mules? I dont really feel like paying extra at this point just for Cooking ingredients, but i'm very poor and need to save money if i'm to continue cooking.

Again, Thank You

Edit---

Oh, another question. How many Apple pies do you make for the ingredients you listed? I would assume 1 since it coincides with how you've done the rest, but I thought that that might be a little expensive per Apple pie :sweat:
    If you don't have a mule, then your leveling would be slower, or more expensive. As now you can't sell nearly as much of the stuff in the AH at the same time, and you can't price shop on the ingredients from different cities.

You can (a) buy from the guild. Best time is during week day, around 5-6 eastern. Most JPs are asleep, and most NA haven't got on yet. So the guild prices tend to be at it's lowest. You can buy it then, all at once (if you buy a bunch one day, then another bunch the next, the price will go up on the 2nd day.

or (b) travel to the vendors that sells the ingredients. That means airship travel most likely. Look up which vendors sells what and under what condition on website such as allakazham, and buy it from them. But that usually means more work for you.

When comes to selling stuff. You can go AH to maximize your profit most of the time, but beware of jeuno's high AH fees, you might be better off doing a bazaar, and leave your character on while you go to work/school/sleep. Either that or travel to one of the other cities to sell it there.

As for apple pies, you make 4 at a time. And they sell very very fast.

Comment

Alright thank you for answering my questions

Seems like I'm going to have to get a mule eventually anyway, but i think I'll have to put off serious cooking untill that time. Thanks again, and keep up the good work helping all of us craft noobs :sweat:

Fuk it, Cut the cord...

Comment

This is in response to a question about chiefkabobs and boiled crab in the DRK forums:

I haven't tried boiled crab yet. My cooking level is only 69 actually, but on fireday with support i usually get 2 chiefkabob synths out of 12 synths.

1 synth of chiefkabobs only yeilds 6 chiefkabobs, so it takes 2 synths for a full stack.

comparison by synth(assuming you are selling on jeuno AH):

2 synths of mithkabobs(2 stacks) go for 6k-1k(AH tax) for 5k.
        2 synths of chiefkabobs(1 stack) go for 8k-.5k(AH tax) for 7.5k.

added bonus of chiefkabobs is you can sell in higher volume(14 synths on AH per character against only 7 synths of mithkabobs)

It would be nice profit if I could synth nothing but chiefkabobs AND they sold quickly. There are always 20-30 stacks of chiefkabobs for sale when i put mine up, and it usually takes few days to sell.

Not the great money maker i was hoping for. It probably helps if you grow your own peppers, gharlic, and onions, i haven't tried that yet.

As for getting my skill to 69, from 55 i went

stone cheese to 61
        colored egg to 66
        sand'oria tea to 69 where i am at right now.

If you have high fame you can break even on stone cheese selling back to npcs, but you will lose money on the eggs and SanD tea if you just buy the ingredients.

The expensive ingredient for colored eggs is Lizard eggs. I should have tried Bird eggs instead. They are cheaper and from the mystery tour recipe list they still work. If they do work you will be close to breaking even on colored eggs as well.

Selling to npcs, I think you can break even on SanD tea if you grow your own sage which is the pricy ingredient. You can do it with herb seeds and wind crystals in either a ceramic or earthen pot(I used earthen). But you need at least 2 successful yields to get 1 stack of sage. So from 10 pots you are looking at 3 maybe 4 stacks if you are lucky, and at this point 4 stacks of synths will net you about 1 skill point. Thats alot of effort, and to me it isn't worth disrupting my already set gardening system.

Post 70 doesn't look very promising. All fire crystal synths, 6 or more ingredients for each recipe, and almost no player demand for any of it, with a few exceptions like rolanberry pies and the SAM specific rice balls which aren't till Veteran.

After finals i am going to go through each item on mystery tour and compare cost of synth to npc price to try and find the cheapest route. Anyway this is probably more info than you were looking for but you put alot of effort into that great guide so i figured i'd share my experience.

Hope at least some of this info helps. Good luck ^^

Milkmandan, using perfect punctuation in /l since 2004.
        Tiamat O
        Jormungand O
        Vrtra O
        DLord O
        JoL O
        AV X

Comment

Awesome info! I started making stone cheese today but I can't find a decent NPC that will buy my stuff to break even. Most NPCs are willing to buy it for 68-69gil each (it costs me about 300gil each to make). Anyone know any NPCs I can unload my cheese to without sustaining major financial loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba
            Awesome info! I started making stone cheese today but I can't find a decent NPC that will buy my stuff to break even. Most NPCs are willing to buy it for 68-69gil each (it costs me about 300gil each to make). Anyone know any NPCs I can unload my cheese to without sustaining major financial loss?
            I made the same mistake lol. Here is what you are overlooking:

1 synth = 300gil

1 synth = 4 stone cheeses

1 stone cheese = 69 gil

4 * 69 = 276 gil

losing 24 gil a synth isn't that bad.

Tiamat O
            Jormungand O
            Vrtra O
            DLord O
            JoL O
            AV X

Comment

ACK!!! LOL!!! You are absolutely right!!!
              Thank you for pointing out that out! Now I can get rid of my cheese with relief!

Comment

Zafron, did you sell the colored eggs to npc's? I'm gonna make some tomorrow, just need to know where to get rid of them .
                Cerberus: Purrrfect Mithra 61drk 49pld 47thf 30war 22nin 14sam 7rdm 4rng 4whm
                Lavalamp Taru 32whm 10blm 6brd 5bst....needs to level sub in a bad way ><

Comment

Originally posted by AzzHauler
                  Zafron, did you sell the colored eggs to npc's? I'm gonna make some tomorrow, just need to know where to get rid of them .
                  I sold mine at the restaurant down the street from the cooking guild for 185gil each, if i remember correctly(thats with no windhurst fame).

Sadly since Lizzard eggs are 200 each you are taking about a 200gil loss every synth.

You might try bird eggs instead of lizzard eggs. They're cheaper, but it raises the synth from lv66 to lv68 so you will have more failures.

Anyway i hope this helps. Good luck. ^^

Tiamat O
                  Jormungand O
                  Vrtra O
                  DLord O
                  JoL O
                  AV X

Comment

i can't lvl anymore from 50~

cray fish sells for way too expensive on bahamut..and they barley sell it on the auction..

would i be able to do another item or fish those at lvl 1 lol...

pweeeeeeeez help
                    Crafting:
                    95 cooking +1
                    Apron obtained
                    Fishing 25 and goin up X)

Eqp.
                    Black belt
                    Alkyounes Braclets
                    Scorpion Harness...
                    Rasetsu Samue +1
                    peacock charm
                    Vishun's Cesti
                    Avenger's Earrings..
                    Byakko's Haidate
                    Suzuaku's Sunate
                    Amemet mantle +1

LS:
                    OpenThePonkkiki
                    Friendlyfire

Comment

On the colored eggs, big loss on Cerberus ><. Selling to npc in san(fame 6 or 7) returned only 106 gil per egg, after a cost of like 250. So that was a nice 150/egg out the window. Made a ton of them too ; ;. Anywho...at 68 now. I haven't been able to check prices/sales on anything yet except the new au Lait drinks. MysteryTour says 72 I think for the pear au lait. Looks like it's about 900/drink in the ah, and I want to say it stacks but that doesn't seem right. >.>

Royze, did you check other cities? Granted, the crayfish doesn't sell as fast as insect paste, but it still sells pretty darn well on Cerberus. And for 500 vs. 300 on insect balls.

Comment

well i passed on the cray fish...its too much for me... a stack sells for 1000 and its worthless to make...

i switched on beagreens sautee...

i worked on that from 50~54....raise is a beauty...u should try it if goin through same problem...

anyways i think its cheaper...

i cant wait to get my cooking hat
                        Crafting:
                        95 cooking +1
                        Apron obtained

Eqp.
                        Black belt
                        Alkyounes Braclets
                        Scorpion Harness...
                        Rasetsu Samue +1
                        peacock charm
                        Vishun's Cesti
                        Avenger's Earrings..
                        Byakko's Haidate
                        Suzuaku's Sunate
                        Amemet mantle +1

LS:
                        OpenThePonkkiki
                        Friendlyfire

Comment

sorry to hear about your crayfish troubles Royze, its pretty easy to make a good profit selling them on Fairy.

Anywho...at 68 now. I haven't been able to check prices/sales on anything yet except the new au Lait drinks. MysteryTour says 72 I think for the pear au lait. Looks like it's about 900/drink in the ah, and I want to say it stacks but that doesn't seem right. >.>
                          You read my mind purrrfect. Buying the pears from Pourette for 145 each, the synth costs me just under 500gil, and the juice is selling pretty well on Fairy for 700-900gil each.

Sadly, they do not stack. T.T

But it was nice getting to 72 without taking a huge loss.

I'm looking at Blackened Newt next. At 76 or 77, i'm switching to Pamama au lait. I have a really good feeling about Pamama au lait. There is little supply on the AH right now and they are selling for 1k each, but the synth is super cheap(only 200 i think).

Tiamat O
                          Jormungand O
                          Vrtra O
                          DLord O
                          JoL O
                          AV X

Comment

Any updates Zaf? I ran out of time at ~71.2 >< damn static pt's . Got any plans for post-pamama?

Comment

stone cheese got me to 58 so far...im aiming for level 98 or 100

one of the reasons i started cooking was once i get to a high level i will start making the tonsoma rice balls for my friend even though they that profitalbe but still...

once my other friend start fishing out empror roe or whatever they call it...ill start making money out of it ^^

this is getting more intresting,

say whos working to get the guild hat + apron ?
                              Crafting:
                              95 cooking +1
                              Apron obtained

Eqp.
                              Black belt
                              Alkyounes Braclets
                              Scorpion Harness...
                              Rasetsu Samue +1
                              peacock charm
                              Vishun's Cesti
                              Avenger's Earrings..
                              Byakko's Haidate
                              Suzuaku's Sunate
                              Amemet mantle +1

LS:
                              OpenThePonkkiki
                              Friendlyfire

Comment

Originally posted by AzzHauler
                                Any updates Zaf? I ran out of time at ~71.2 >< damn static pt's . Got any plans for post-pamama?
                                I'm still at 72, I haven't been able to play for the last week and a half(damn final exams). But you can bet as soon as I get there i'll be posting it.

Tiamat O
                                Jormungand O
                                Vrtra O
                                DLord O
                                JoL O
                                AV X

Comment

Working...
                                X