Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of course he was lying... you can't get 2 crafts to 90+ (on the same character)..

my guess is that the thf you talked to got the hauberk from a friend who quit the game or something... come on, if the guy managed to craft his own hauberk, you would have had to get the damascus from jeuno.. and thus he would be smart enough to sell it in Jeuno instead of shouting for to sell it in bastok (which I assume was what he was doing)
    75DRK/75BRD/42WHM/40WAR/40THF/40BLM/37NIN/30BST/24SAM/15MNK
    -RETIRED-

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?7810

Comment

• Yes, that`s what I thought at first, but it would be possible to have the two different crafts on two different characters (which he might have had). Anyway, I still dont believe him because if it takes roughly a million per lvl in the late 80`s, there`s no way he could even get to 95 smithing, let alone 97 or alchemy to 90 as well.
      ガラス張り�家��む者�石を投�������。
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Comment

• I have been asked by a LS thread at the possibility to supply him with Darksteel bolt heads, i looked up the recipe and it seems to cap at around 62.

Would this be a viable skill up option ? Also, at what level could i start working on these?
        Maat Masher
        Accuracy Bonus + 57
        DRK 74
        Byakko, Suzaku, Genbu : Defeated.

Comment

• You should be able to start making the boltheads at sill 52 technically. But I doubt you'd want to since there'll be a ton of losses. You should probably start at something like 55 or 56. And if you have a buyer or someone who gives you the materials already, you're free to skill up on whatever you want since you already have a set market for it.
          Craft skills:
          Leathercraft: 91+1
          Smithing: 54
          Weaving: 60
          Alchemy: 60
          Bonecraft: 39
          Woodworking: 47
          Cooking: 41
          Goldsmithing: 53
          Fishing: 55

http://s7.invisionfree.com/TheCraft

Comment

• Greetings and salutations. I have other, more pressing concerns that prevent me from having any time to play FFXI. It was fun while it lasted.

Props to TheCraft and all the blacksmiths out there.

I'll leave the guide as-is, and if board admin wants to transfer control of my posts in this thread to someone else for future editing, have at it.

Comment

• oh noooo

come on you know real life is ugly! stay in game

Comment

• hello, i'm at quite a loss as to what to synth next at 34 smithing. steel is around 50k per stack of ingots, and the last stack of scales that sold in any city sold for 30k maybe 1/2 a week ago. are there any alternative synths to skill up? i'm not looking to power level my smithing. i'm just looking for something affordable, since my smithing was supposed to be supplementary income, but instead, has become quite a large money sink. even at these low levels, i've already suffered roughly 100-150k in losses, which is not good since maintaining a well equipped black mage is fairly expensive.

secondly, since i prefer selling items to an npc and lose more money rather than wait for items to sell at the AH (and potentially saturate it with durables), is there a site out there that lists equipment prices when sold to npcs (rough estimates are fine) so i can plan my skill route further?

Comment

• Buy Steel ingots in Mhaura, at the guild. They're 3,500 a piece there.

As for right now, War Picks are good 'till 37, and you sell them to NPCs.
                  ( Fire crystal + Steel ingot + Elm lumber)

Can't remember ow much is sells for.... I think it's for 4,500, but I could be wrong.

I wouldn't advise this without Woodworking below 8 though.

Comment

• went to mhaura today...on watersday. found out the guild was closed on watersday . waited 40 minutes, ingots sold for 7800 each O_O. anyway, the war picks sell for about 3.9k to the guild, so its not too shabby for leveling up on, i only lose about 4-5k per stack. thanks for the suggestion .

Comment

• I wanted to make a question but the topic starter gone :/

Anyway, the question is simple: i'm at lv12 and i'm crafting Tin Ingot. But the skill goes up very little. Am i wrong? There is another sure recipe for lv12 to go up faster?

Thanks in advance. ^^

Munba

Comment

• i think tin ingots are the cheapest skill ups to 15...unfortunately, they're used for almost nothing and don't sell for much...

Comment

• went to mhaura today...on watersday. found out the guild was closed on watersday . waited 40 minutes, ingots sold for 7800 each O_O. anyway, the war picks sell for about 3.9k to the guild, so its not too shabby for leveling up on, i only lose about 4-5k per stack. thanks for the suggestion .
                          Hmm, that's quite weird. You probably got real unlucky, and every day of the week ppl were buying them there, which would explain the high price...

But I do remember it's very cheap there... Actually, I think it's 3,500, not 4,500. Definitly not more than 4,500.

Comment

• while accompanying a friend on the ferry, i stopped by mhaura's blacksmith guild just for the hell of it again...this time, ingots were 3500g!! the major problem though, is that only 3 ingots were in stock...even when the guild first opened, there were only 3 in stock. still, thats about 700g cheaper than AH steel.

Comment

• There ya go!

But yeah, that's the problem. Sometimes there's none in stock at all. What you can do is simply wait for the next day and buy all their supplies.

But once, my friend got as lucky as to be able to buy 7 stacks at the same time ... I guess it's about luck, hehe

Comment

• Not really the right place for this, but the "Buy items" part of the forum doesn't seem to get much activity...so...
                                Are there any high lvl Blacksmiths on Pheonix who might be willing to craft me a Darksteel scythe if I get the materials?
                                Langron, Dark Knight of Bastok. Level 75 Rank 10

www.lightstemplar.com
                                A Pheonix Role-playing linkshell.

Comment

Working...
                                X