Man this sucks us ps2 user have to wait so long for all this fun.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
hehe crafting is fun
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Amen to that. lol. :spin: I am even considering buying a new computer to play this game. I probably won't though since you need a nice computer to play it.Originally posted by JohnDragon
Man this sucks us ps2 user have to wait so long for all this fun.
Comment
-
I'm at lvl 7 in Blacksmithing and lvl 3 in Goldsmithing right now. My next logical step would be to go to Sandoria and start working on my logging, because I want to make items that combine Smithing and Carpenting.
I've heard that there's a Blacksmithing guild in San Doria, but aren't there any mines not too far from there? I would think that there should be some, if the San dorians have a Blacksmithing guild...(?)Details worth knowing:
Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
Lvl 96 Woodworking
Lvl 64 Alchemy
Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
Lvl 30 Cooking
Comment
-
There is a blacksmithing guide but I imagine that it is crappy because the guild master told me to go to the Bastok guild to learn anything. As far as I know, there are no mines nearby but I am only level 16 so it may be easier to get to one for you.
BTW, are there any tips for raisiing blacksmith levels early on? I have just been making bronze ingots (or copper?) from 3 copper ore and 1 tin."Know the enemy and know yourself; in one hundred battles you will never be in peril."
-Sun Tzu
Comment
-
You don't need a supper expensive computer. Check this thread, it will run this game at over the recomended specs, and is less than $600!Originally posted by zidane11
Amen to that. lol. :spin: I am even considering buying a new computer to play this game. I probably won't though since you need a nice computer to play it.
http://ffxionline.com/forums/showthr...threadid=24846
And to raise you Bsmith skills, just go to the blacksith guild store in Bastok Metalworks and keep buying 4 copper ores for like 9gil or however much it is, and make copper ingots
4 copper ore + fre crystal
that should work for a few lvls
good luck
Comment
-
For the record, the recipe with 4 copper ores and a Fire Crystal (Copper Ingot) raises Goldsmithing skills, as opposed to Blacksmitthing skills.
An appropriate recipe would be 3 copper and 1 tin + Fire for a Bronze Ingot, if you want to get better as a Blacksmith. You can than try Bronze Ingot + Fire to get a Bronze Sheet when you get to lvl 2. When you get to lvl 6, you can make bronze scales with Bronze Sheet + Wind. That's the cheapest way to raise your BlckSmth lvl up to 10 without even needing other skills yet.
JR.Details worth knowing:
Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
Lvl 96 Woodworking
Lvl 64 Alchemy
Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
Lvl 30 Cooking
Comment
-
yea that's right
thanks for the info
Comment
-
Yhuggot Grotto is the best mining spot in sandoria, but Iwouldn't recommend going in there till level 20. and even then, stay toward teh etnrance. you'll only find good mining spots when your level 28ish and not getting any aggros.Originally posted by Trell
I'm at lvl 7 in Blacksmithing and lvl 3 in Goldsmithing right now. My next logical step would be to go to Sandoria and start working on my logging, because I want to make items that combine Smithing and Carpenting.
I've heard that there's a Blacksmithing guild in San Doria, but aren't there any mines not too far from there? I would think that there should be some, if the San dorians have a Blacksmithing guild...(?)
Also, Carpentry sucks ass compared to goldsmith, goldsmith gets much more money. Just thought i'd tell ya
Name - Spatuazle **DELETED**
Elvaan - Male
Size - Medium
?
Comment
-
not too quote to much or anything...but blacksmith is the worst to get to level up for smithing, goldsmith is so much cheaper.. Bronze ingots 1,5k a stack compared to copper at 3kOriginally posted by Trell
For the record, the recipe with 4 copper ores and a Fire Crystal (Copper Ingot) raises Goldsmithing skills, as opposed to Blacksmitthing skills.
An appropriate recipe would be 3 copper and 1 tin + Fire for a Bronze Ingot, if you want to get better as a Blacksmith. You can than try Bronze Ingot + Fire to get a Bronze Sheet when you get to lvl 2. When you get to lvl 6, you can make bronze scales with Bronze Sheet + Wind. That's the cheapest way to raise your BlckSmth lvl up to 10 without even needing other skills yet.
JR.
Then Brass at skill 4, 7k a stack
this is all in rag btw hehehName - Spatuazle **DELETED**
Elvaan - Male
Size - Medium
?
Comment
-
I was just suggesting what to do to raise Bsmithing, not debating which craft is cheaper, but I think you knew that.
I'm quite suprised at those price quotes. The knee-jerk reaction to Goldsmithing is gawking at how expensive the materials are, but I never thought about how much your synthsized items can bring in... I might look into Goldsmithing after all, hehe. I'm lvl 10 Carpenting and lvl 8 Bsmithing for now.
JR.Details worth knowing:
Lvl 75 BRD, 37 WHM. Bastok Rank 10. Windurst Rank 6
Lvl 100 Lu Shang Fisher
Lvl 96 Woodworking
Lvl 64 Alchemy
Lvl 54 Goldsmithing
Lvl 53 Bonecrafting
Lvl 34 Blacksmithing
Lvl 30 Cooking
Comment
-
Yeah, the price jump for the materials needed to go from copper to brass is expensive when you buy from AH, but you can get zinc and even silver from stone eaters in gustaberg, having a THF15+ would increase the chances. I get zinc 1/5 and silver 1/10 or so. The only time it gets expensive is when yoru too lazy to get your own materials.
But overall, BSmith and GSmith both have their advantages, goldsmith more in jewelry, blacksmith more in armors. Just depends what you want to make and what you can get at the time.Name - Spatuazle **DELETED**
Elvaan - Male
Size - Medium
?
Comment



Comment