Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hehe crafting is fun

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hehe crafting is fun

    i just started crafting and it is loads of fun...but extremely expensive.

    i was out there logging.....lol...and was getting elm log's worth about 2,900gil....man too bad i didn't know about logging sooner hehe.

    and there is a certain satisfaction of creating your own weapon and then going to battle with it....i created my own hatchet and was logging with it...created a bunch of xiphos swords and sold them.

    it is a very welcome break from the constant level grinding.

    just from crafting i think i may lean more towards a ranger type of character...creating your own arrows and stuff sounds exciting.
    Karen Joy Morris is great...I think I love her.

  • #2
    cool, where do you log at? Sanoria?
    [Restarted 8/2008] | [MySpace!]
    .,~`'<{:My Old Char's Stats Here:}>'`~,.

    Comment


    • #3
      at the ghelsba outpost in san'dioria.

      i kill orcs and log at the same time hehe.....get a little bit of experience and get some wood...can't beat that.

      just hate when the hatchet breaks.
      Karen Joy Morris is great...I think I love her.

      Comment


      • #4
        selling crystals is good too from what my friend said

        Comment


        • #5
          yeah but im telling you logging is awesome..

          crystals you have to collect 12 to get a nice chunck of gil in your slacks....but if you land 1 elm log your likely to get 3,000 [on my server] for it...jsut one of those bad boys.

          i went out logging a little bit ago..and came home with 5 elm logs...im looking at 15,000gil for a few hours of work...hehe.

          not bad....and thats not counting all the other wood i came home with....5 logs of willow,holly,ash,maple.




          also they are easy to synthesise...1 wind crystal and 1 log will turn it into lumber and then you can stack them.
          Karen Joy Morris is great...I think I love her.

          Comment


          • #6
            damn, that is awesome, i'm headed to sanoria right now
            [Restarted 8/2008] | [MySpace!]
            .,~`'<{:My Old Char's Stats Here:}>'`~,.

            Comment


            • #7
              hehe good luck.

              you can use this macro to log easier.

              /targetnpc
              /item Hatchet

              also sometimes there is alot of people logging so it could be a slow day....if you get lucky noone will be logging and you can have the trees all to yourself...

              i would get about 5 hatchets or so and go out there and log away....throw away the arrowhead logs to keep free space.

              thats what i do anyway.

              or bring stacks of wind crystals along with you and synthesise them right there and stack them when they become lumber.
              Karen Joy Morris is great...I think I love her.

              Comment


              • #8
                wow , im going to midgardsormr :D , thx for this info , now all i need to do islevel enough to beat orcs , and for a nice person here to tel me how much a hatchet costs ;P

                Comment


                • #9
                  They were 600 at the AH, but I suspect they're cheaper from the carpenter's guild. Gonna check next time I log on.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i'm gonna have to check out that place, but probably not 'til i'm lvl 20.. so i can pick up a chocobo license and get over there and back home to bastok easier...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      actually this is on caitsith server....i have two characters..the one in my avatar isn't a logger..my other one is.


                      as for hatchets....you can easily make them

                      go to blacksmith guild and buy:

                      3 copper ore=33gil
                      1 tin ore=30gil

                      use fire crystal to turn these into bronze ingots.

                      when you have 2 bronze ingots,

                      get a maple log=100gil?

                      use wind crystal to turn that into maple lumber.

                      then synthesize with this ingredient

                      fire crystal
                      2 x bronze ingots
                      1 x maple lumber
                      =
                      Hatchet

                      or you could just buy the ingredients or hatchets...but i like to do it that way so i can get my crafting skill up at the same time.
                      Karen Joy Morris is great...I think I love her.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        whats the highest guild level skill you can get up to? is it hard to raise your skill level?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Can you find maple lumber and arrow wood (or something like that) around sandoria? I was wondering because there are quite a few items I would like to craft with those materials. If you can log them then how long do you think it would take to find them?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            well i am at level 5 in woodworking...and i got to lev el 5 pretty quick if you consider i just started crafting yesterday.

                            level 2 blacksmith
                            level 5 woodworker

                            if you log and work with wood your skills will fly up....as it is so easy to synthesize...usually ingredients are like 3 different things...with alot of these wood it is just 1 wind & 1 log...so you can buy a stack of wind crystals and synthesize 12 logs into 12 lumbers.

                            and right there you will probably go up ia level in skill.

                            logging doesn't go up in skill...im not sure what determines your logging...maybe your woodworking level? i dunno...it seems to be more luck then anything...to get a quality piece of log.

                            but if you make your own hatchet and then synthesize alot of your wood....your blacksmith & wood skills should go up a healthy amount.
                            Karen Joy Morris is great...I think I love her.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i wouldnt think to long, i heard theres a variety of trees you can get around the outpost near sandoria. try there?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X