Moving the cursor on PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving the cursor on PC?

I've played FFXI for the better part of 2+ years on my PS2, where I could use the D-pad to move the cursor to the next target to the left / next target to the right / etc. I recently installed FFXI on my PC, so that I could play it without needing to take the TV away from my wife.

I feel like I'm stumbling around, and that I can't play the game as nearly as well as I could on the PS2. I really miss being able to move the cursor in a directional manner. I've tried to use the Tab key to cycle around, but I usually end up overshooting my target, resulting in a mob pummeling me senseless.

Is there a way to be able to direct my cursor in a desired direction on PC, rather than just having to settle for cycling through targets?
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Re: Moving the cursor on PC?

afaik, no. sucks balls, but that's what we have to live with unless you get a controller/PS2 adapter

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Visit your local Radio Shack and pick up their PSX > USB adaptor. I've used it for the past 3 years and it works great as long as you disable rumble (or get updated drivers) and set the FFXI Configuration Tool correctly to match the controller's setup, which for whatever reason basically invert all the buttons.

The PSX>USB adaptor costs about $10US.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi
        I've played FFXI for the better part of 2+ years on my PS2, where I could use the D-pad to move the cursor to the next target to the left / next target to the right / etc. I recently installed FFXI on my PC, so that I could play it without needing to take the TV away from my wife.

I feel like I'm stumbling around, and that I can't play the game as nearly as well as I could on the PS2. I really miss being able to move the cursor in a directional manner. I've tried to use the Tab key to cycle around, but I usually end up overshooting my target, resulting in a mob pummeling me senseless.

Is there a way to be able to direct my cursor in a desired direction on PC, rather than just having to settle for cycling through targets?
        Hold your mouse over the target and click.

You could get something like this to convert your PS2 controller to PC. Or you can buy an actual USB controller from any video game store, or walmart.

Comment

Working...
        X