This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey

Hey I'm new to ffxi. I'm a big fan of other ff games and a fan of mmorpgs. I came form swg (star wars galaxies) but they had new game enhancemnets that TOTALLY ruined the game. Noone I know play it anymore because it is so terrible. Then I went to maplestory and got bored after lvl 62. Then I went to flyff and got bored after lvl 21 so now im here.

I was reading the begginers guide and it was very helpful. IMO i think this is a great site after browsing for a while.
    [LVL 5 BLM] FTW!

Definition of Noob:

Which FF Character Are You?

Re: Hey

hello and welcome. please be sure to read the new player stickies in the general and faq forums. there's a lot of good information in there for new players like yourself.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Some tips for beginners:

1) Do not beg for gil.

2) Do start conversations with respect to others. Random Hi's hello's are ok, as long as it doesn't get bothersome.

3) Asking a mentor for help maybe helpful, but do not ask them to do something for you, that usually leads them to ignoring you. For example, something like, "Hi, noticed your a mentor and I was wondering if you could explain how Chocobo Riding works?"

Don't say something like, "Yo mentor dude, your here to help me, help me with mission 1-1."

Feel free to ask them HOW to make money, but do not beg for it. Some people are nice and they may actually GIVE you some gil to start out if you start out a conversation with them.

4) Long informative inquisitive questions are a lot better than short 1 line questions. Do not keep asking "Why?" "Why?" "Why?" "Why?" "Why?" "Why?" "Why?"

Feed a man a fish, and they eat for a day.
      Teach a man to fish and they feed themselves for a lifetime.
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Omniblast
        Feed a man a fish, and they eat for a day.
        Teach a man to fish and they feed themselves for a lifetime.
        Actually, in FFXI it's:

Teach a man to fish and watch as he says !#%!^# every time his fishing rod breaks.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
          Actually, in FFXI it's:

Teach a man to fish and watch as he says !#%!^# every time his fishing rod breaks.

Icemage
          Doh then I guess I need to teach a man to synth and repair their rod eh?

Get your minds outta the gutters guys and girls!
          Hacked on 9/9/09
          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
            Actually, in FFXI it's:

Icemage
            Actually the true quote is "Teach a man to fish and he'll use his skill to impress a future mate"

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre
              Actually the true quote is "Teach a man to fish and he'll use his skill to impress a future mate"
              And she'll cook for him.
              66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
              Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
              01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
              01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
              O)
              01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

Working...
              X