Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggestion: Anti-necro measures

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    As for the subject at hand, let me ask you this. Why such a big deal about necro'd posts? You click it, you see its necro and you close it. If you accidentally post in it, who cares!? What never ceases to amaze me is when some idiot has to post in the thread yelling or making some asinine sarcastic comment at the person that raised the thread. Honestly, is that necessary? You have new members come on the forums and 50% of the necro'd threads are from them ACTUALLY DOING A SEARCH and finding the appropriate thread and posting in it. How many times have people jumped on someone for not doing a search? And then when they do it and post, you yell at them for necro'ing!
    This is actually why I prefer the idea of a subtle schema change that mentally says "old post" as opposed to measures like auto-locking threads that have been suggested here. It gives you that useful extra cue that you're reading old info so that you don't prep to fire off a "oh not this ---- again" response to some old long-since-disproven idea about game mechanics etc. only to realize after you're about to start writing that the post is from before it was disproven in the first place. It also makes it much easier to skim forward and see when stuff starts getting recent.
    Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
    DRK99,DNC91,THF90
    Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
    Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
    WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
    Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
    All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
    Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
    Clothcraft 24
    Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
    BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Re: Suggestion: Anti-necro measures

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
      >. > That zombie video is staged/edited.... right?

I mean even HE can't be that stupid?
      I thanked you because of the hilarity contained within your post.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
      X