What's this about URL spamming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's this about URL spamming?

got some odd message in my post replacing what I had written, something about spamming URLs and something about me being retarded and that I should be tarred and feathered.

First off, I did no such thing. Secondly, replacing posts with a message like that is inappropriate and should just state "message removed due to URL spam"

At any rate myself, other users have gotten this message, in forum posts and even in PMs. Probably needs to be looked into.

Re: What's this about URL spamming?

I was curious about that as well. I noticed it popped up in an 'Off Topic' thread.

edit: Looks like its board-wide. Damn and I really liked hanging around here.
    Last edited by eticket109; 04-09-2007, 07:36 AM.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Sounds like that between this and the ban on registering with Yahoo/Hotmail addresses, someone is doing something to prevent spamming of the boards.

Which is nice, but seems that the image catcher might be a little too paranoid.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

It's blocking the posting of ANY links through any service on here apparently. Instead of your original message you get a nice chunk of filter text.

Even using the URL button does not work any longer.

Comment

I didn't even post any URLs in my reply to pawkes post and my post got changed.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

I've seen a couple of those posts...It hasn't happened to me yet, but it doesn't look fun... I agree, I think it is something that needs to be checked on.

Comment

I tried to Spam URLs. I am completely retarded. People like me should know better than to try and Troll these forums. I should be tared, feathered, and beaten with the moron stick. I am utterly incompetent.

this is the auto new url thing

i did the link to the main page
              Last edited by Sevv; 04-09-2007, 08:38 AM. Reason: this site is gay
              [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I think the admins changed something with the URL checker to stop the RMT spamming on the board (which most of you don't see because the moderation team tries to get rid of it ASAP). It looks like the code being used is being a bit too aggressive, though.

I'll bring this up with them and see if we can dial things back a bit.

Icemage

Comment

From another thread:

Originally posted by AKosygin View Post
                  Sorry, I misconfigured it, it should work now.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Ack, fixed one setting and the other reverted to a default. Try again.
                    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                    X