Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Site rep power and gil?

Originally posted by Maju
    It would be nice if we could see who rated you up or down. It's really annoying when people rate you down for stupid reasons. If someone's opinion differs from yours, it doesn't necessarily mean they deserve a rate down.

In the thread about SE's next MMORPG I got rated down because I said gil sellers should be easier to get banned and I admit it kinda ticked me off even though it's purely e-peen numbers. Oh well.
    I've been rated down for providing a link that answered the posers question exactly. However, since seeing who rated who what would do nothing but cause flaming and whatnot, it's a good thing you don't know what idiots are going around doing stupid things to a meaningless number.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I always put extra gil in the bank, because you gain interest by putting gil in the bank every couple days.

Double Post Edited:
      Originally posted by Maju
      It would be nice if we could see who rated you up or down. It's really annoying when people rate you down for stupid reasons. If someone's opinion differs from yours, it doesn't necessarily mean they deserve a rate down.

In the thread about SE's next MMORPG I got rated down because I said gil sellers should be easier to get banned and I admit it kinda ticked me off even though it's purely e-peen numbers. Oh well.
      My settings > User Control Panel, you can see the latest reputation received.
      Last edited by Ayrlie; 08-04-2006, 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Dig A10; Main: Bonecraft 100+3/subs: 60/Fishing 59.7
      Mules: Cooking 100+3/Alchemy 77.7

http://www.youtube.com/Ayrlie

Comment

Yes, but you don't know who you got it from unless they sign it.

Comment

Someone rated me up and my rep power is 2, so I now have an impact on others' reputation. Thank you to whoever it was. ^_^ I've been spending the last 20 or so minutes rating people up for good information/viewpoints/advice, etc. Merry Christmas!
          Dryhus, Elvaan male | Bismarck | San d'Oria 6 | Windurst 5
          62RDM/60MNK/40BLM/37RNG/31WAR/24WHM/20NIN/19BRD/...
          Woodworking 94.7+2 | Bonecraft 53 | Cooking 42 | Fishing 29
          Smithing 29 | Alchemy 27 | Goldsmithing 21

Bismarck Crafting Services
          My Skillcap Chart, printable on 8.5"x11"

Comment

I rate people up just so more people have higher reputation so they can rate people up more so everybody has a higher rep over all. I want to see somebody at 100 rep power!

I don't bother with rate downs often. People get all worked up over them, assuming that they actually check. And more often than not, if somebody gets rated down, they'll mention it on a post somewhere and get rated back up.
            (No offense, Dryhus. To be fair, that MNK topic you said you got rated down on was all correct information. I don't know why you got rated down on it.)
            Generic Info!

Comment

Wait, so a grey dot means they have no power? Because those are the ones I got alongside the positive comments. What's a negative rating look like? Is it red?

Comment

Yes. Negative reps are red.

Comment

Oh, then disregard my post on the previous page.

<- best emote ever, for me anyway

Comment

I do not pay much attention to Rep. Looking at mine...

Green: A rate up for Silence of the Lambs, lol.

Grey: Blank...

It really means nothing, much like kills on WoW BGs.
                    *Under Construction*

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie
                      Yes, but you don't know who you got it from unless they sign it.
                      Say what? How do they even rate you up/down without being signed in and I still never know who rates me, just has green/grey dot and a comment or nada, nobodys name tho :/
                      75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
                      Woodworking 91.9+2
                      ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Not signed in. Where did I say signed in? I merely said "sign".

You have the option, when leaving your comment of letting the person you're rating know who is doing the rating. Most don't, but you can.

"Hey, I totally agree with you! ~ Murphie" for instance. Most people don't, but some do. That's what I mean.

Comment

I never sign my rate-up's but I do leave comments sometimes. Even if the comments are just plain weird. (I've put one comment as "I'm the rate-up fairy!", just because I thought it was better than just a plain "I agree".)

I was wondering about something though. Do moderators get extra points or do people just love them? It seems like whoever turns into a mod suddenly doubles their green bars in a month. I've always been curious about that.
                          Generic Info!

Comment

Mods have a lot of points because they have a lot of posts under their belts.

As for green bars, it doesn't take that much rate ups to get more than 1. Just depends on how good your advice is and what people rate you up. Personally, the only mods that I have seen that have a substantial amount of bars are Neibortaru, Caspian, and PiNG.

I'm not too far of of a 4th green bar
                            ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Tirrock
                              I was wondering about something though. Do moderators get extra points or do people just love them? It seems like whoever turns into a mod suddenly doubles their green bars in a month. I've always been curious about that.
                              Moderators don't get any more points than any other forum user. The reason there's a tendency for the moderation team to have higher than average reputation is because moderators are chosen for their ability to communicate, their respect level within the community, and the number of posts they put up (not much point in having a moderator that only shows up once a week, for instance).

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Aeolus
                                You have to rate other people updown alot first but you can. Rated little ninja up neway and he seems to be back up to 14 :/
                                How the heck did i get back to 14??

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Working...
                                X