Character Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Character Projections

If he's doing what I think he's doing, it is a twist on the 4E levelling system which was split into 3 Tiers: Heroic, Paragon and Epic.

At Paragon you would be able to select a Paragon Class (prestige class) that you qualified for (Multiclassing or going for Hybrid class builds was one of the easiest ways since most had "You need to be X Class to qualify"), and as you levelled you would gain abilities and powers from that class as well as your regular classes (Like a less overpowered Gestalt system). There were a lot of them so there were quite a bit of options open to customise your build. At Epic you did the same thing except Epic classes didn't really have the class restrictions (plus only two of them were useful anyway).

I don't think he's using this system in exactly the way I said since it doesn't convert perfectly to 3.5/PF, but it does look like something that will be very interesting nonetheless.
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Re: Character Projections

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
      If he's doing what I think he's doing, it is a twist on the 4E levelling system which was split into 3 Tiers: Heroic, Paragon and Epic.

At Paragon you would be able to select a Paragon Class (prestige class) that you qualified for (Multiclassing or going for Hybrid class builds was one of the easiest ways since most had "You need to be X Class to qualify"), and as you levelled you would gain abilities and powers from that class as well as your regular classes (Like a less overpowered Gestalt system). There were a lot of them so there were quite a bit of options open to customise your build. At Epic you did the same thing except Epic classes didn't really have the class restrictions (plus only two of them were useful anyway).

I don't think he's using this system in exactly the way I said since it doesn't convert perfectly to 3.5/PF, but it does look like something that will be very interesting nonetheless.
      For the most part, this.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Working...
      X