• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cidbahamut
    replied
    Re: Important Notices

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
    Cid:
    If I'm not mistaken, your CMD should be 19, not 20. If we're following the CMD forumula of 10+BaB+Dex Mod+Str Mod... yours would be 10+4+3+2=19. If I'm wrong, explain it to me.
    That's automatically generated, I definitely have not been filling that in manually. After some fiddling it looks like it is adding my Dodge bonus.

According to the entry I found here:Combat - Pathfinder_OGC
    it looks like that's normal.

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

I'm sitting here editing my DM cheat sheet of player stats and I can't help but notice some conflicting information on a few of your sheets. If you guys wouldn't mind helping to explain them to me, I'd appreciate it. I'm probably overlooking something on a few of them... but on others it seems to be blatantly wrong. I'll be honest... some of these inconsistancies are in your favor to fix while others are not. Regardless, I require explanations for all of them in order to keep an accurate log. I'll add more as I come across them.

Fire:
    Unless I'm looking at it wrong, Fire did his math wrong when calculating his Attribute points during the point buy. Using Mezlo as a comparison example (due to having nearly identical stats that alerted me to the issue in the first place) here is what I did to cross-check.

Mezlo stats did this:
    10 STR (2)
    16 DEX (10) ---> +2 Human Racial Bonus ---> 18
    10 CON (2)
    16 INT (10) ---> +1 LVL 4 Stat Increase ---> 17
    10 WIS (2)
    10 CHA (2)
    (28 points)

Firewind's stats did this:
    10 STR (2)
    16 DEX (10) ---> +2 Elvan Racial Trait ---> 18
    12 CON (4) ---> -2 Elvan Racial Trait ---> 10
    14 INT (6) ---> +2 Elvan Racial Trait ---> 16 ---> +1 LVL 4 Stat Increase ---> 17
    10 WIS (2)
    14 CHA (6)
    (30)

End Result:

Mezlo

Fire
    14<---?

By going in reverse order I've determined that Fire spent 2 extra points on his stats from the start. If I'm wrong, explain it to me... otherwise you need to dock 2 points from somewhere.

Cid:
    If I'm not mistaken, your CMD should be 19, not 20. If we're following the CMD forumula of 10+BaB+Dex Mod+Str Mod... yours would be 10+4+3+2=19. If I'm wrong, explain it to me.

Armando:
    Your effective Caster level should be 4, not 3. And your shield is missing from your character sheet.

Jarre
    Your rolls for Ranged Attack and Damage for your bow appear to be wrong. You formula reads as 1d20+7 when (unless you're calculating in something I'm not seeing) it should be +8. Likewise, your damage formula for the bow is 1d8+3 when it should be +2 (dex modifier to ranged damage) unless I'm not seeing something.

Also... your burden is getting dangerously close to the threshold of Heavy. As a friendly warning, I have said from that start that although I will not enforce sleeping and eating rules on this campaign, I fully intend to enforce burden. Careful how much more you pick up. Recording your armor and weapons in your "possessions" list helps to populate the full burden of your character for easier math. I suggest everyone take a minute to do the same. Although Jarre is the worst offender, others among you are also walking the line.

Also also... blandket? Really?

Mezlo:
    Your sheet is still missing a lot of information. To name a few... Caster Level, Speed, Armor Type, Weapon types and sizes, Armor filled out in the appropriate field, weight of various items in your inventory and checked off class skills for both Wizard and Ranger.
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 01-23-2013, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jarre
    replied

sounds good thats 7:30pm here much better

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

Sounds like a plan.

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

2:30pm eastern I presume? so yeah I can make it but would need to afk if Avalene wakes up for a feeding. Edith will be back around 12:30-1pm pst so I should have no interuptions after that time, but I'm cool with starting early. who knows, she might sleep until Edith gets back.

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

Works for me

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

Is everyone ok with a 2:30 start time?

Leave a comment:

• Yygdrasil
    replied

In an effort to streamline tomorrow's session a little, I'm going to be posting some of the "End of final combat with Tusk" details in The Daily Detail thread. This will hopefully help to give you guys a good place to start from come tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned for the post, I'm going to begin writing and editing it as soon as this is posted.

Leave a comment:

• Armando
    replied

Level up choices/summary
    Cleric Level: 3 -> 4
    Favored Class Bonus: +1 Skill Rank
    HP Roll: [1d8+3] = [6,3] = 9
    Max HP: 44 -> 53
    Skill Ranks: +3 Acrobatics
    Last edited by Armando; 12-30-2012, 07:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

Okay three important things that I asked at the end of the session and posted into chat but were completely ignored by people yet again talking over me:
    1. I rolled perception to check what stuff the Goblins on my level had. I rolled 14, did I find any more gold for the others? All that was reported was what was on Cid before people butted in asking for XP totals and HP rolls.
    2. How much gold did we find on the Goblins that Cid checked? (this wasn't posted in chat but I did ask how much we picked up to clarify before people started butting in).
    3. Do I get my bow back? With the immovable Rod + Rope contraption I can easily meet the climb DCs by Taking 20 to get in and out of the pit. Again I asked this repeatedly at the end of combat and put this into chat and even put it into Skype chat but was completely ignored and talked over by others asking for stuff that we quite easily could have handled between sessions (like the XP and what loot we found).

Seriously, people talking over others and people talking through each others turns has something that has pissed me off since Session One (also remember I have actually lost turns too due to people talking through my entire turn when we had the timer system). There have been times where I've wanted to ask NPCs a ton of stuff but people have been insisting we move on. There have been a LOT of times where I've been trying to ask Yyg if a certain action is possible but because people keep talking over me I just say fuck it and change my action to "I shoot the monster" because it just hardly seems to effort to even bother getting my points or questions across.

I'm aiming this at no one. I'm not trying to sound like I'm yelling. That is the opposite of the intention of this post, but there have been times where I have had to literally wake up my entire family by yelling to stop people from talking over me (or being simply told to shut up, or had someone yell louder, or both) to ask a simple fucking "yes or no" question. Having to do that is annoying and frankly, pretty disrespectful to my entire family because people don't know when to quiet down when someone is trying to ask a question or say something In Character.

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
    I'm going to be a tad late today. Going to see The Hobbit with the family and I probably won't be back until 5:30. I'd like Mez to please control my character. He's the best, I love that guy.
    Sounds good!

Leave a comment:

• cidbahamut
    replied

I'm going to be a tad late today. Going to see The Hobbit with the family and I probably won't be back until 5:30.

Leave a comment:

• Jarre
    replied

10pm GMT is fine for me looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Firewind
    replied

Fine for me should be visiting family today but I will be easily be back for that time.

Leave a comment:

• Mezlo
    replied

i'm in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X