Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atelier Ayesha the kawaiiness overflows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atelier Ayesha the kawaiiness overflows!

MEEEEEW! So much heartful atmosphere! ^.^

Atelier Ayesha: Wallpapers and more at the Official Site -- Andriasang.com

New PS3 Atelier Game is Atelier Ayesha -- Andriasang.com

Good thing Atelier Meruru is in May! Everyone can experience the fun and cool emotional feelings of more great Atelier goodness! =^^=

Here are screenies!
    The Magic Box - Atelier Ayesha: Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk Preview (Page 1 of 2)

Re: Atelier Ayesha the kawaiiness overflows!

I have always wondered this. Do you find yourself speaking like that in RL, or is that just an internet persona? O_o

In other news, I've never actually played an Atelier games, so I have no idea what any of it is about. :U

Comment

See, the year isn't even over yet and there's already another of these Atelier games! There's probably going to be Vita and 3DS ones announced before the year is out, too. GUST can't make anything else.

And let me guess, its about a young girl who becomes an alchemist and makes friends that help her save the world. Am I close?

Comment

Silly J9. Heartful is a noun.

I've never played one of these games, but "kawaii" is not the qualifier I'd pick for the art. It is pretty though, I'll give them that. It's refreshing to see Japanese art where the girl isn't a total moeblob and follows reasonable anatomical guidelines. And hey, at least it's not a spiky-haired dude with an oversized sword, right?

Seriously though, are any of these games worth playing?

Comment

If the Metacritic averages are anything to go by, they're generally very mixed bags of mediocrity. At the rate these games come out, that's hardly surprising. Thus far it seems Rorona is the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
            For you? No.

Just turn back and walk away.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
            If the Metacritic averages are anything to go by, they're generally very mixed bags of mediocrity. At the rate these games come out, that's hardly surprising. Thus far it seems Rorona is the best of them.
            Rorona had waaaay better characters and story. That's why. XD

PS > Then Meruru got too 3D and went down the super generic path. Think Mass Effect VS Mass Effect 2.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              And let me guess, its about a young girl who becomes an alchemist and makes friends that help her save the world. Am I close?
              Not exactly. The Atelier series is never really about saving the world; it's more of a coming-of-age-and-try-to-solve-smaller-problems sort of plots usually.

\
              I have Atelier Rorona and it bears some of the plate-spinning mechanics of the Persona series. You've basically got a certain amount of time in-game (usually around 1 year) to accomplish various tasks on a schedule, and in the mean time try to improve relationships with friends and acquaintances and the townsfolk. Crafting improves your Alchemy skill and gets you better items, more money, and helps you fulfill quest requirements, but requires in-game time to accomplish. Likewise, adventuring out into the wilderness can get you raw materials that you can't get anywhere else, as well as combat experience, but comes at the cost of the time spent traveling to and from town.

The games are fun enough and interesting in that they're NOT your typical save-the-world shtick that most JRPGs use.

Icemage

Comment

Originally posted by Icemage
                I have Atelier Rorona and it bears some of the plate-spinning mechanics of the Persona series. You've basically got a certain amount of time in-game (usually around 1 year) to accomplish various tasks on a schedule, and in the mean time try to improve relationships with friends and acquaintances and the townsfolk. Crafting improves your Alchemy skill and gets you better items, more money, and helps you fulfill quest requirements, but requires in-game time to accomplish. Likewise, adventuring out into the wilderness can get you raw materials that you can't get anywhere else, as well as combat experience, but comes at the cost of the time spent traveling to and from town.
                Interesting. Do they bear any resemblance to Recettear then? I haven't played that one either but I've seen people playing it.

Comment

Also, Recettear.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

PS > Just not for you Armando.
                  sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus
                    PS > Just not for you Armando.
                    Say what you mean. It wasn't any less cryptic the second time around.

Comment

Interesting. Do they bear any resemblance to Recettear then? I haven't played that one either but I've seen people playing it.
                      You still haven't played a Persona 3 or Persona 4?

Comment

Nope. What's the definitive version of those? I know there's been some rereleases.

Comment

I think BBQ is going to spank someone. <_<

Anyway, I actually like Recettear's battle system more because it's so retro in a light Ys kinda way. But Rorona has a nice map and lots and lots of dialogue for my otaku ears, plus the areas look nice.

Again, not for you, Armando.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

PS > Persona 3 Portable and Vita's P4.

But I wish they would release a P3&4 HD collection for the PS3 with cutscenes remade in 1080p (not going to happen.)
                          sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Nope. What's the definitive version of those? I know there's been some rereleases.
                            Start with Persona 3: FES. It's the best version. Persona 3 Portable for PSP got extra costumes and the ability to play as a girl, but got some of its cutscenes dumbed down. No matter which version you get though, Persona 3 is a must play.

And Recettear is also a great game. It's strong focus on shopkeeping in between dungeon-crawling really sets it apart from the other RPGs out there, and it's localization is perfect, with sharp and funny dialogue.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                              Start with Persona 3: FES. It's the best version. Persona 3 Portable for PSP got extra costumes and the ability to play as a girl, but got some of its cutscenes dumbed down. No matter which version you get though, Persona 3 is a must play.
                              Actually, P3P is the best version. The anime cutscenes in P3 were too few and far between to have a worthwhile. Additionally, P2P had more than the option to play as a girl, but also the gameplay refinements later made to Persona 4.

The shit portion of FES, known as "The Answer" can just be YouTubed for its story. It takes out the Compendium, effectively kneecapping one of SMT's biggest gameplay hooks and turns Persona fusion into a needless chore all for the sake of making things more "challenging." I beat it and that section of the game didn't tell me anything I didn't already know from playing the main game. The anime stuff was more plentiful in The Answer, but still not worthwhile.

Additionally, FES retains the inablity to control your teammates and they may go on to do dumb shit if you don't scan every damn enemy, which P3P fixes. All the bonus content from The Answer is in P3P, they just omitted its wank story.

The real difference between Persona 3 and Persona 4 is essentially that P3 is "dark" and P4 is probably the most cheerful murder mystery you'll ever partake in. Both are standouts for their gameplay, character development and great stories. The people in this game, unlike so many I've played, become real to you.

If your options are limited to Playstation 2 and PSP, do P4 on PS2 and P3P on PSP. Don't waste your time on P3 FES.

Comment

Working...
                              X